JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What we all really should be looking at are ways to Stop the States from passing "emergency Measures" and other back side policy that usurps the vote and any public scrutiny! Think about this, If Bloody Brownstain wins, How is she going to be able to get any laws on the books? She wants mag ban's, she want's ammo bans, she wants full registration, and a BCG on every thing including ammo, so, How is she actually going to get any of this done? She cant "order" the OSP to make any laws, she has to bring them up for a vote! Not gonna happen, she has just enough republican opposition to keep her from getting any thing done as things sit right now, so she will be forced to use Executive orders to try and enforce existing laws, but otherwise cannot get any thing new! Make your vote count, or you get Brownstain/bloomberg!!!

She could ask the state AG to basically make $hit up, ala Massachusetts on July 19th, 2016.

"Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement

Attorney General Maura Healey has issued a notice to all gun sellers and manufacturers in Massachusetts, warning that her office is stepping up enforcement of the state's assault weapons ban, including a crackdown on the sale of copycat weapons.

The enforcement notice clarifies what constitutes a "copy" or "duplicate" weapon under the assault weapons ban. Copies or duplicates of banned assault rifles, including copies of the Colt AR-15 and the Kalishnikov AK-47, are prohibited by the Massachusetts assault weapons ban. Despite the law, an estimated 10,000 copycat assault weapons were sold in Massachusetts in 2015 alone."

its pretty bad when the best one can hope for is a 1st term lame duck presidency. The hope that thier is massive grid kock between the executive and legislative branches.
Kinda like the old four corners offense that the University of North Carolina would employ to run out the clock in the pre shot clock era of college basketball.

The run on guns and ammo has been going on for the last 4 years... Where the hell have you been?

True to a point, but 4 years ago you couldn't walk into a store and just buy any ammo like you can today (save for maybe .22lr) or have a wall and case full of guns and accessories available at fairly reasonable, non-gouging prices. Things have settled considerably since 2013, post SH. I, myself am simply saying the panic will renew to full force and it will be dry shelves again like it was in 2013.

She could ask the state AG to basically make $hit up, ala Massachusetts on July 19th, 2016.

"Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement

Attorney General Maura Healey has issued a notice to all gun sellers and manufacturers in Massachusetts, warning that her office is stepping up enforcement of the state's assault weapons ban, including a crackdown on the sale of copycat weapons.

The enforcement notice clarifies what constitutes a "copy" or "duplicate" weapon under the assault weapons ban. Copies or duplicates of banned assault rifles, including copies of the Colt AR-15 and the Kalishnikov AK-47, are prohibited by the Massachusetts assault weapons ban. Despite the law, an estimated 10,000 copycat assault weapons were sold in Massachusetts in 2015 alone."
They had already established law to base that on though. The same reason that Kate Brown was able to institute the 5-year registry on the State Police keeping background check records. The law allows for 5 years if there is a "reasonable need." They determined that "stopping gun violence" was reasonable. I'll bet she tries to get the legislature to make that permanent next year.

True to a point, but 4 years ago you couldn't walk into a store and just buy any ammo like you can today (save for maybe .22lr) or have a wall and case full of guns and accessories available at fairly reasonable, non-gouging prices. Things have settled considerably since 2013, post SH. I, myself am simply saying the panic will renew to full force and it will be dry shelves again like it was in 2013.

I dont think so.

I happen to believe in the "super owner" theory, That maybe 10 % of the firearms community buys something like 90% of the guns and ammo. So for the sake of argument say that is true. Lets say there is a 100 million in the firearms community so there are 10 million super owners. In the last 4 years something like 60 million new guns have been sold and 40 billion dollars worth of ammo, a large chunk of I bet is on ma and paw Americans basement shelves.

I could work out all the math, But just looking at the numbers you can see that those of us who are responsible for a big chunk of the firearms pie have spent A LOT in the last 3-4 years.

Many got caught in the last panic, vowed to never let that happen again and have spent the last 3-4 years making sure they were covered.

They are, They might still want a few things but there are tens of millions of more guns, Hundreds of millions more high capacity mags and billions more rounds of ammo in private hands than there was before SH.

So, I dont see any significant panic because of the election. Maybe if Hillary came right out and said she was going to outlaw something there would be a run on that particular thing.

I think we played the long game, We made sacrifices to buy the things we could before it was an issue. There are not enough panic buyers left to crash the system like after SH.

If Hiltery is elected, count on a complete and total run on all firearms and ammo...

As for me, it'll continue to perform my routine purchases, to replenish what I use and add to inventory. If prices get crazy or supplies dry up, I'll still be good.

Also increasing the reloading inventory, including raw materials as applicable. Can never have a sufficient supply of components...

If I never get around to using them, then perhaps my kids will...

I dont think so.

I happen to believe in the "super owner" theory, That maybe 10 % of the firearms community buys something like 90% of the guns and ammo. So for the sake of argument say that is true. Lets say there is a 100 million in the firearms community so there are 10 million super owners. In the last 4 years something like 60 million new guns have been sold and 40 billion dollars worth of ammo, a large chunk of I bet is on ma and paw Americans basement shelves.

I could work out all the math, But just looking at the numbers you can see that those of us who are responsible for a big chunk of the firearms pie have spent A LOT in the last 3-4 years.

Many got caught in the last panic, vowed to never let that happen again and have spent the last 3-4 years making sure they were covered.

They are, They might still want a few things but there are tens of millions of more guns, Hundreds of millions more high capacity mags and billions more rounds of ammo in private hands than there was before SH.

So, I dont see any significant panic because of the election. Maybe if Hillary came right out and said she was going to outlaw something there would be a run on that particular thing.

I think we played the long game, We made sacrifices to buy the things we could before it was an issue. There are not enough panic buyers left to crash the system like after SH.

I hope that you are right. In theory you make total sense. But there are always the younger generations that are coming up. I can see a run on fire arms and ammo with the younger generation that has been raised properly ;) Maybe not as big as SH but I'm guessing there will be some sort of run if Killeray makes office.

I dont think so.

I agree with you about the 'super owners', I think there are more today than there were 4 years ago to be sure. But as is with all things, there are always new people that want to get on board, in fact many who aren't even gun owners normally. For example, I have talked to 2 co-workers just this week who are anything but 'super owners' - they're not anti-gun, but at best they're in the camp of "I've shot a gun before" and that's about it. One owns a hunting rifle, nothing more, the other, owns no guns currently. One is a strong Hillary supporter, the other is a "none of the above" voter. Neither will vote Trump, but both have expressed concern over 2A rights only under a Hillary presidency. Both, in looking to what Hitlery may do (again, real or perceived) are planning to buy an AR each before the November election. Why? Because they think they need to - primarily because they are both of the belief that, come 2017, if Hillary is the President, they won't be able to buy them any longer.

I suspect there are millions around the country with just such views - people that have, for the last 4 years, largely ignored the gun community and have not stocked up as the super owners have. But fear, being the supreme motivator that it is, they will jump into the fray, probably paying too much for a gun they'll likely sell at a loss in a few years. Those are the folks I think will drive a run on guns, ammo and accessories post election, not so much the super owners.

Again, like you, it's just my POV on the situation. We could both be wrong. It will be curious to see how it plays out.

Hillary got elected 6 months ago, but some people either will not admit it, or they can't see it.

Governor Brown got elected a long time ago, but some people either will not admit it, or they can't see it. (Because the average Portlander doesn't know or care if anybody is running against her.)

The run on guns and especially ammo has been going on for about 3-4 years now, thus most people like us are already stocked up. Mostly...

In the months after the election, gun and ammo sales will increase, but they will go through the roof come January - if there is anything left to buy.

Next March-ish Brown will outlaw all magazines over 10 rounds, institute background checks/permits and purchase limits for ammo sales, and limit us to one gun purchase per 30 days. Oh yeah, no internet ammo and possibly gun sales, possibly no internet ads/sales (aka. armslist.)

Hillary will try for 2-3 years to get Australian gun laws and will succeed by 60%. (you pick what is included, its a wild card)

I AM NOT trying to be Debbie Downer, but we live in a tough world and the cards are WAY stacked against us right now. Buck up, cupcake!! :D:p:(:mad:

They had already established law to base that on though. The same reason that Kate Brown was able to institute the 5-year registry on the State Police keeping background check records. The law allows for 5 years if there is a "reasonable need." They determined that "stopping gun violence" was reasonable. I'll bet she tries to get the legislature to make that permanent next year.

Yes they had already established law, similar to California's current. However, the MA DA just kinda re-interpreted it.

Same thing could happen anywhere, with a strong anti-group in charge. Just twist what is currently in law around until it's "suitable".

For example, it really wouldn't be too difficult to mess with the current OR background check system. Cut back the State Police budget in particular places, & you won't be getting your BGC cleared for days, weeks etc. 3 day rule? Well they'll just emergency override that, budget constraints don't ya know....

Hillary got elected 6 months ago, but some people either will not admit it, or they can't see it.

Governor Brown got elected a long time ago, but some people either will not admit it, or they can't see it. (Because the average Portlander doesn't know or care if anybody is running against her.)

The run on guns and especially ammo has been going on for about 3-4 years now, thus most people like us are already stocked up. Mostly...

In the months after the election, gun and ammo sales will increase, but they will go through the roof come January - if there is anything left to buy.

Next March-ish Brown will outlaw all magazines over 10 rounds, institute background checks/permits and purchase limits for ammo sales, and limit us to one gun purchase per 30 days. Oh yeah, no internet ammo and possibly gun sales, possibly no internet ads/sales (aka. armslist.)

Hillary will try for 2-3 years to get Australian gun laws and will succeed by 60%. (you pick what is included, its a wild card)

I AM NOT trying to be Debbie Downer, but we live in a tough world and the cards are WAY stacked against us right now. Buck up, cupcake!! :D:p:(:mad:

No. you are being a Sally Soul Smasher!!:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top