JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, I care more about what the turds in Salem are going to try and push through. If they get their way, a queen Hitlary won't really matter alot.

I agree we need to be concerned about Salem, but there are two ways to look at it - if nothing happens on a national level, we'll still be able to buy what we want/need up until they change the laws in Oregon - we can buy and order out of state if needed if things dry up here in the state. If a panic happens on a national level, however, we're pretty screwed because the whole country will be buying up everything, which means those who need certain things may not be able to get them.

I just dont think theres anything that she will do that Obama didnt try. She may want an Australian system but presidents rarely get what they want without Congress on their side. Congress isnt going to change. Her coat tails arent very wide. She can't ban imports of anything without a law to back it up and Congress isnt going to give her that law. Whats left anyway? Bush banned barrels for "non sporting" arms from coming in so companies starting building them here. SIG set up shop in the US to forestall a import ban. So did Glock. They're making guns in the US now. Thats a good thing. Isnt that something Trump would want to do? Think about it.

The bubblegum is getting old. I dont think she can pull off 8 years. Sure, we will all self panic ourselves into a coma but I dont think it will be any different than the last 4 years of Obamas Presidency where gun sales and mag and ammo sales have been through the roof..

The difference I see between Obama and Hillary is that Obama never campaigned on gun control, he never made it a priority - at least until SH happened. Before that, he was more concerned about Obamacare and a few other things. Hillary, however, is campaigning on gun control - it's a clear part of her platform.

I don't think it's what she can or can't do that will generate a panic and a run on guns, ammo, etc., but rather, it will be the perception of the public that will create the panic out of the concern for what she may do, even if she can't do it. Heck, the post SH panic came about simply because of the fear of what folks thought Obama might be able to do.

Fear is a strong motivator. Mob mentality/panic is very, very viral, regardless of whether it's based in truth.

Everyone says "if you're not stocked up by now, it's your own fault" which is true, but I feel bad for the next generation and the young 20 somethings that are just trying to eat let alone stash away a hundred lowers and a pallet of ammo.

And those that may never become pro-gun people because it's too much of a hassle to buy and shoot a gun.

I'll have to agree about the local elections. All we need is a bunch of states to turn blue and change their gun laws
Then it will be easier for the Feds to get things done

My bet is a run either way.

If Hillary loses, her crowd are gonna discover the concept of "armed rebellion" REAL quick. With some of the fringes that have been emboldened by Trump (I'm not saying everyone who's cast their lot with him, just a very small and VERY unhinged minority), they'd cream their skivvies at the chance to fire a Shot Heard Round The World.

In short, we're a powder keg right now, and the next four years... well, Samuel L. Jackson said it best as Mr. Arnold in Jurassic Park: "Hold On To Yer Butts." And the smart money is to figure out what you consider your minimum "reserves" (though I have no idea how to determine that) and get your supplies laid in early, focusing first on what we expect Brownstain and Bloomer to put in the crosshairs next.

I keep thinking of both the candidates hanging from lamp posts and their VP candidates going all the way.
Right now, if I were Trump, seeing what the numbers were doing, I'd ofer Hillary a ceasefire: "Right now most of my people irreconcilably hate you, and ditto yours re me. If this election is truly about principles and our country's future rather than our two equally titanic egos, why don't we both just step aside and let the next generation step up and have their turn?"

Then again, I'm not a Narcissistic Sociopath and they are.

My bet is a run either way.

If Hillary loses, her crowd are gonna discover the concept of "armed rebellion" REAL quick. With some of the fringes that have been emboldened by Trump (I'm not saying everyone who's cast their lot with him, just a very small and VERY unhinged minority), they'd cream their skivvies at the chance to fire a Shot Heard Round The World.

This.

My theory....shots fired at the likely anti public figures will be those shots. I suspect bloomy will be doubling up his security detail.

I don't think the panic will be as bad as before. Lot's of folks already went through it and have acquired what they need. The manufacturers have also increased supply and will want to have the inventory to cash in on the perceived panic buying spree.

My concern is more with what our Oregon Legislature will hand us since the anti gun liberals have complete control. BOHICA.

What we all really should be looking at are ways to Stop the States from passing "emergency Measures" and other back side policy that usurps the vote and any public scrutiny! Think about this, If Bloody Brownstain wins, How is she going to be able to get any laws on the books? She wants mag ban's, she want's ammo bans, she wants full registration, and a BCG on every thing including ammo, so, How is she actually going to get any of this done? She cant "order" the OSP to make any laws, she has to bring them up for a vote! Not gonna happen, she has just enough republican opposition to keep her from getting any thing done as things sit right now, so she will be forced to use Executive orders to try and enforce existing laws, but otherwise cannot get any thing new! Make your vote count, or you get Brownstain/bloomberg!!!

CLUBBER LANG!!!

Well, more like the Tracy Morgan version anyway! :s0108:

IMG_3421.JPG

My limit is my wallet. I buy things on sale and with income I get from selling non essentials so as to not unbalance the household budget. Salting away a few parts here and there and a few mags just so I meet the "minimum" number I feel the need to have for my mag using firearms. I decided to build an EBR post panic cause you couldn't find any thing affordable. Pick up a little ammo here and there. I don't buy for resale cause I am not in to sticking it to my fellow man. yeah, yeah, I know supply and demand but I just can't see charging $40.00 for a mag that cost $10.00. YMMV

Not worried at all about gun control if Donald is elected...he will have way too many other priority items ahead of that and he'll ignore the gun grabbers. Hillary, oh yeah, there will be a run like you wouldn't believe. I won't/or can't participate. At best I can only shoot 2 guns at a time so I cover the basic needs according to my philosophy. Would love to have 1K of ammo for every caliber and every gun but that's fantastical. Who needs 1K o .32????? I probably wouldn't be happy with 10k of 5.56 or even 22LR, but those numbers would make me content! More power to those who can swing that. I've heard ol John Noveske RIP had bunkers/caves of 10s of thousands of rounds at one time....
Not that you need to heed me, but buy what you can now/where you can. I've even considered 10/22 while they are cheap er....:rolleyes:
Brutus Out

Last Edited:
There's some variations on this because it also depends on what happens with Congress. However, if Hildabeast wins expect her to attempt to make a name for herself with some type of action in her first 100 days. She'll try to take advantage of the momentum and ride the wave.

If congress stays in Republican control, her actions will be limited to Executive Action/Order. To this end, if there was much else that POTUS could do legally, Obama would have done it already. This doesn't mean, however, that she won't try to get away with something. She's got an ego and will definitely try to push the limits. She may ignore the law and sign something and challenge the courts to strike it down. It wouldn't surprise me if she came up with a creative idea to sign an Exec Order for Universal Background Checks.

Now, if Dems take both houses, look out! My bet is she would go for Universal Background Checks and re-implementation of the AWB. And she might through a universal capacity restriction in there for good measure.

This is just the first 100 days. We all know the real danger is with her stacking SCOTUS with liberal judges. The goal will be to replace two conservative justices (Scalia is the first). Once that's done expect them to go after everything including trying to overturn Heller and McDonald. If they succeed at that, then they will only be limited by their judgement (ie how far they think they can push things before starting Civil War II).

And yes, if Hildabeast wins, expect a run on everything! You shouldn't be waiting. Stock high and deep on EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to own. You should have been doing this already but I realize money is a constraint for most of us.

Last Edited:
My limit is my wallet. I buy things on sale and with income I get from selling non essentials so as to not unbalance the household budget. Salting away a few parts here and there and a few mags just so I meet the "minimum" number I feel the need to have for my mag using firearms. I decided to build an EBR post panic cause you couldn't find any thing affordable. Pick up a little ammo here and there. I don't buy for resale cause I am not in to sticking it to my fellow man. yeah, yeah, I know supply and demand but I just can't see charging $40.00 for a mag that cost $10.00. YMMV

Not worried at all about gun control if Donald is elected...he will have way too many other priority items ahead of that and he'll ignore the gun grabbers. Hillary, oh yeah, there will be a run like you wouldn't believe. I won't/or can't participate. At best I can only shoot 2 guns at a time so I cover the basic needs according to my philosophy. Would love to have 1K of ammo for every caliber and every gun but that's fantastical. Who needs 1K o .32????? I probably wouldn't be happy with 10k of 5.56 or even 22LR, but those numbers would make me content! More power to those who can swing that. I've heard ol John Noveske RIP had bunkers/caves of 10s of thousands of rounds at one time....
Not that you need to heed me, but buy what you can now/where you can. I've even considered 10/22 while they are cheap er....:rolleyes:
Brutus Out

In the process of consolidating myself. My platforms in 7.62 nato and x39 are getting sold, 45 getting sold, 38 sold, 500 sw sold, 25 and 32 sold, 338 has already been sold, etc etc.

Only obscure caliber we keep is 5.7, just due to the fact that we stockpile the ever living hell out of it. Stargate and bsg fans...damn space guns get me every time. Other than that, 556, 9, 22lr.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top