JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In just under a month, we're going to have a new President elect. Unless something spectacularly unpredictable happens, it will be one of 2 people - Trump or Clinton.

Political debate discussions aside, which is not the intent of this thread. I'm postulating the question - what will happen, in your mind, in the world of guns and gun ownership depending on the outcome of the election? I considered doing a poll, but honestly, there are a lot of potential outcomes depending not only on how the Presidential race goes, but also how the congressional races go.

So, share your opinion on what you think will happen in the world of guns and gun ownership. In another month or so, we can see who was right and who was wrong.

I'll start with my opinion.

If Trump is elected, I think guns/gun ownership will largely be unaffected, at least at the beginning. Trump has maintained he is pro-gun, though past comments by him may show he's not as pro-gun as some are hoping. Until he starts moving things around in Washington, I don't think there will be a run on guns, ammo or accessories, at least in the short term.

If Hillary is elected, I think there is going to be a run on guns, ammo and accessories that could rival or exceed that of the period immediately following Sandy Hook. Fear among gun owners of what Hillary may do not only to the loading of the SCOTUS, but also empowering states, will most likely, in my mind, cause panic buying on big levels. Say bye bye to $500 AR's and $200 10/22's. Watch SKS's jump to $700, $800. Watch ammo dry up in all calibers. Magazines will dry up too, and if you can even find them, PMAG's will go from $10-$12 back up to $40-$50 - and people will pay it. Items will be back-ordered for months, probably longer. People will show up on NWFA in a panic to buy something, anything, no matter the price!! I'm honestly tempted to buy a few $500 AR's to turn around and sell to the panicked folks for $1,200 6 months from now.

Let me add this - if Hillary wins, but the Republicans maintain majorities in both the House and Senate, then my above scenario may be limited or may be delayed until the next mid-term elections. A full R congress can keep her partially at bay, but won't be able to stop her SCOTUS nominations - they can't hold her off for 4 years. She will get those nominees and it will affect the court for many years beyond her presidency.

Now, what do you think? Am I off my rocker? Am I an a$$ to even think about buying a few to sell later? Will both Trump and Clinton die of natural causes and we'll end up with a 3rd term of Obama? What say you?? :rolleyes:

i am more worried about which side controls congress and the senate. If they are controlled by the republicans I am not too worried.

its pretty bad when the best one can hope for is a 1st term lame duck presidency. The hope that thier is massive grid kock between the executive and legislative branches.

i am more worried about which side controls congress and the senate. If they are controlled by the republicans I am not too worried.

The SCOTUS, when it comes to our 2A rights is my #1 concern with the Presidency. She will get to choose the nominees, the Senate has to confirm them. They cannot hold her off forever. She will get her choices in there. Some estimates put that as high as 4 nominees during the next 4 years. That could be devastating to 2A rights for decades. So yes, I think there is plenty of reason to worry about our gun rights, even if Congress stays R for now.

So would your opinion, in answer to my question above then, be that you don't expect much will happen? Things in the world of guns and ammo will be largely unaffected?

It's hard to predict how "The Masses" will behave, that being said I won't pre-buy guns or ammo in the attempt to make a buck. I want all those that can legally own to be able to do so at the lowest price possible.

The more that own & exercise the 2A, the better. My 2 cents.

It's hard to predict how "The Masses" will behave, that being said I won't pre-buy guns or ammo in the attempt to make a buck. I want all those that can legally own to be able to do so at the lowest price possible.

The more that own & exercise the 2A, the better. My 2 cents.

My comment above is tongue in cheek with regard to buying to sell later. But many folks will do that, no doubt. The real question will be if this election is enough to start another panic.

So would your opinion, in answer to my question above then, be that you don't expect much will happen? Things in the world of guns and ammo will be largely unaffected?
it is my opinion that if you have waited this long to get what you need then you get what you deserve. I believe that Hillary will want a lot of things but will accomplish few. There will be a run on guns regardless of who gets elected. is my prediction.

it is my opinion that if you have waited this long to get what you need then you get what you deserve. I believe that Hillary will want a lot of things but will accomplish few. There will be a run on guns regardless of who gets elected. is my prediction.

Completely agree. The post Sandy Hook panic of 2013 should have been a wake-up call to most gun owners. If you didn't start buying then, it's likely a bit late to get started now.

Not sure about everyone else but I have been purchasing ammo and fire arms with every extra cent I have for the last three months. Worst case scenario is I have some new fire arms in the safe that my grand kids hopefully won't need to use except for recreational use.

i can always use more
Actially after reading the news today Putin / Russia is a bigger concern to me. To me this is an immediate concern.

Not sure about everyone else but I have been purchasing ammo and fire arms with every extra cent I have for the last three months. Worst case scenario is I have some new fire arms in the safe that my grand kids hopefully won't need to use except for recreational use.

Agreed. I also have a few 80% blanks ready to be built.

Exactly this!
I've been consolidating calibers to the best of my ability..Selling off my misfit firearms,but some stuff is too cool,and justifies obscure ammo.
Been selling parts of my other collections,saving my beer bottles,Craigslisting the junk I have laying around in the shed/garage/drawers/etc.
I've been all set for awhile now,but more is better.

I don't want to sound like the grumpy old crank that I'm turning into,but Panic and price gouging are going to happen again-if not in November,then at some point.Prices are pretty reasonable right now,and I'd rather eat Ramen now than not have ammo later.

Thought I'd be walking 4 weeks ago so my opinions on future events aren't real good...

The gun grabbing has already started though and it may take a couple of years to settle regardless if Hitler, Trumped or Gordon Ramsey wins.

Actually, I'd probably vote for Gordon after watching how he raised his kids...

If I were well off I'd have bought all I could by now and won't be for a year so hopefully the dust has settled some...

The one thing that I was seriously lacking in my safe was a really reliable long gun. I live on a hill next to a retired state patrolman. I wanted to have the ability to reach out and touch some one if they decided to over take my home stead. Thats why Jon @NWCustomFirearms is building my AR-10. Can't wait to shoot that thing. I feel like a little kid waiting on santa claus to come visit.:);):D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top