JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there IS another 'panic' run on ammo & supplies it will be completely unnecessary and without cause or reason - as it was in 2008 - but regardless it resulted in nearly nothing on the shelves for a couple years.

yes, there will be a run on guns after this election. Sometime within the next 4 years we will be fighting legislation to ban all military style rifles like the full auto ban years ago.

Already wrote in another thread, several days ago. Without some miraculous event, Trump cannot get the electoral votes to win. Hillary is going to push an anti-gun agenda more aggressively than anything we have seen. State level anti-gun politicians will feel free to ban and tax. Where I am, the run on guns and ammo has already started. Personally, I'm good to go.

I have an ok amount of ammo and several guns. I have body armor....soft and hard.

I wanna focus more on food, meds, and water. With the way things are going, ww3 is just around the corner and getting ready for a nuclear war (supplies) wouldn't be a bad idea.

China is to oil as Russia is to hacking.... we the USsA are beating the war drums.... when it all fails, they take you to war.

Gerald Celente has this rule.... GC'S three Gs....Guns, Gold, Getaway plan!

In just under a month, we're going to have a new President elect. Unless something spectacularly unpredictable happens, it will be one of 2 people - Trump or Clinton.

Political debate discussions aside, which is not the intent of this thread. I'm postulating the question - what will happen, in your mind, in the world of guns and gun ownership depending on the outcome of the election? I considered doing a poll, but honestly, there are a lot of potential outcomes depending not only on how the Presidential race goes, but also how the congressional races go.

So, share your opinion on what you think will happen in the world of guns and gun ownership. In another month or so, we can see who was right and who was wrong.

I'll start with my opinion.

If Trump is elected, I think guns/gun ownership will largely be unaffected, at least at the beginning. Trump has maintained he is pro-gun, though past comments by him may show he's not as pro-gun as some are hoping. Until he starts moving things around in Washington, I don't think there will be a run on guns, ammo or accessories, at least in the short term.

If Hillary is elected, I think there is going to be a run on guns, ammo and accessories that could rival or exceed that of the period immediately following Sandy Hook. Fear among gun owners of what Hillary may do not only to the loading of the SCOTUS, but also empowering states, will most likely, in my mind, cause panic buying on big levels. Say bye bye to $500 AR's and $200 10/22's. Watch SKS's jump to $700, $800. Watch ammo dry up in all calibers. Magazines will dry up too, and if you can even find them, PMAG's will go from $10-$12 back up to $40-$50 - and people will pay it. Items will be back-ordered for months, probably longer. People will show up on NWFA in a panic to buy something, anything, no matter the price!! I'm honestly tempted to buy a few $500 AR's to turn around and sell to the panicked folks for $1,200 6 months from now.

Let me add this - if Hillary wins, but the Republicans maintain majorities in both the House and Senate, then my above scenario may be limited or may be delayed until the next mid-term elections. A full R congress can keep her partially at bay, but won't be able to stop her SCOTUS nominations - they can't hold her off for 4 years. She will get those nominees and it will affect the court for many years beyond her presidency.

Now, what do you think? Am I off my rocker? Am I an a$$ to even think about buying a few to sell later? Will both Trump and Clinton die of natural causes and we'll end up with a 3rd term of Obama? What say you?? :rolleyes:

I think your opinion is 100% spot on.....

The SCOTUS, when it comes to our 2A rights is my #1 concern with the Presidency. She will get to choose the nominees, the Senate has to confirm them. They cannot hold her off forever. She will get her choices in there. Some estimates put that as high as 4 nominees during the next 4 years. That could be devastating to 2A rights for decades. So yes, I think there is plenty of reason to worry about our gun rights, even if Congress stays R for now.

Except for your prediction of Hitlery's SCOTUS appointees "could be devastating to 2A rights for decades." I think it's more serious than that, as Hitlery's appointees to the court would be the beginning of the neutering the 2A, thus pretty much nullifying it forever. The court will just crank out decisions stating that UK or AU style gun control is Constitutional as there is not a total ban on all firearms.

As it is, we're only kicking the can down the road now until we end up there. No federal firearm law was ever taken off the books, except for the AWB and only because of the "sunset provision". There are only two kind of politicians: Those that want us disarmed and those who actually admit it.

Ray

Last Edited:
The smart ones will start the run on guns and ammo before the election! ;)

I've been stocking up gradually and won't be participating in the panic.
Me too. I have items in every category where I had a need, and a good supply of ammo, especially handgun ammo and .22 LR.

I believe that if hitlery is elected,or even if trump acts like he's already lost,there will be a run like or exceeding sandy hook.
I don't think it will matter who's who anywhere else,she will push way harder than obumma ever thought of pushing.
And for other comment,I could use a few k of 556 but that's about all.

Honestly, I care more about what the turds in Salem are going to try and push through. If they get their way, a queen Hitlary won't really matter alot.

I feel like no matter who gets elected there will be a run- Hillary will induce panic buying. Trump will induce celebratory buying.
I personally have been slowly stocking up on things I will need/want over the last year, to make sure that my family will have enough stuff to at least have a little fun during the months after the election. I could use another case or two of 9mm ammo though...

I agree with most here! Salem, and Olympia would be the more important battles in the up coming election and the years to follow. The State is where things can take on a direct threat to our rights, and Right Now!!! Stopping that State from loading up on Dem's and getting as much control of the Pro rights is the biggest challenge we all face! A Lame Duck is what I see with ether monkey in the White House! The Socuts nom shouldn't affect any thing until a major case is brought to the court for a hearing/ruling, remember, that court cannot make law, only uphold existing law, or strike down any law that is Unconstitutional. Even if a Major case is brought to the court, the effects will not be felt for some time,and even then, if if infringes on us, our Sheriff's may declare it uninforcable! As far as a run on guns, That's a good question. I think folks learned back after Sandy Hook, and those that this would effect have all ready taken steps to limit any contribution on a run! Will it be bigger? That I can only guess, and probably would be wrong! I don't think it even matters which way the Rigging leads us, I think people have all ready resigned them selves too the fact that our next president WILL be Komrad Killery Klinton!

I have been stocking up since the first of the year in anticipation of Clintons win. There is nothing else I need but of course plenty I would like to have.

I've been "hunting and gathering" for quite a long time now. Am happy with what I have found. If there is a run on items it should not affect my clan much if at all. Everybody needs to be careful however if the hexenbeast wins. The next 9 years are going to be a wild ride once the dominoes start falling no matter who wins. Trump will only delay things and the beast will accelerate them. The NWO cronies want their power and money and will not easily allow we regular folks to re-adjust things in the country. JMHO.

I predict that right before the election, a group of teenage sleuths will trap HRC in a net and remove her mask revealing her to really be old man Soros, and in doing so save us from another gun panic. He would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Everyone says "if you're not stocked up by now, it's your own fault" which is true, but I feel bad for the next generation and the young 20 somethings that are just trying to eat let alone stash away a hundred lowers and a pallet of ammo.

She's obsessed with the aussie program. With a legislative branch shift, we are in big trouble. Non compliance will save us/cause some serious issues with widespread violence. It's also our only option if this goes where we think it might go. Her first term....she won't be able to jam much through. If she getsba second...expect the worst, call in a fiction writer to fill in the blanks we have, and that's probably where we will be.

I'd be more concerned about mags and ammo for the time being. That's more feasible for her to go after early on than another full on awb or otherwise.

One thing i do see happening, is an import ban of sorts. That is well within her power.

We just need to be honest with ourselves and dress accordingly. Trump isn't getting in. Not saying mitt was a prize, but we went from having ron paul and mitt sharing the same stage during debates, to donald trump. Lets just sit back and draw the quick comparison i know we just all made. The gop dug their own grave, and the debate....moment of silence before the casket drops. It's rigged, and its been rigged.

Funny thing, I don't think one of us here would have an issue with a 3rd term obama presidency vs a hillary first term. Never thought those words would leave my mouth.

I just dont think theres anything that she will do that Obama didnt try. She may want an Australian system but presidents rarely get what they want without Congress on their side. Congress isnt going to change. Her coat tails arent very wide. She can't ban imports of anything without a law to back it up and Congress isnt going to give her that law. Whats left anyway? Bush banned barrels for "non sporting" arms from coming in so companies starting building them here. SIG set up shop in the US to forestall a import ban. So did Glock. They're making guns in the US now. Thats a good thing. Isnt that something Trump would want to do? Think about it.

The bubblegum is getting old. I dont think she can pull off 8 years. Sure, we will all self panic ourselves into a coma but I dont think it will be any different than the last 4 years of Obamas Presidency where gun sales and mag and ammo sales have been through the roof..

I predict that right before the election, a group of teenage sleuths will trap HRC in a net and remove her mask revealing her to really be old man Soros, and in doing so save us from another gun panic. He would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

I looooooved that cartoon! :D

oFrLHjU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top