JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear ya.

did you know that Don Johnson was a Bren 10 fan and used one for a while in the Miami Vice series?

id.netdna-ssl.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2FSonny-and-his-Bren-Ten-courtesy-ar15.com_.jpg

cool little 10mm trivia factoid...

Cool Fact! I have never even held a Bren 10 in my hands:(
They didn't build very many, and I bet the asking price would be pretty steep, but If I were to run across one, I would snap it up right quick!

Irving Stone and Whit Collins were co-creators of the 10mm Auto Cartridge it was shoehorned into the CZ 75 platform by John "Jeff" Cooper. He had nothing to do with the cartridge's creation.

The cartridge came from a cut-down .30 Remington Rifle case to the proper length and the original 200-grain FMC and 170-grain JHP (both from Norma FFV) were loaded into the case The original load for the 200 grain FMC was rated at 1200 fps from a 5-inch barrel. The original 170 grain Norma loads reached 1400 fps, but erratic propellant ignition (and resultant poor accuracy) of this run caused them to reduce the charge levels.

Last Edited:
I trust my G-29 with 10MM, but now that I have learned in this thread to fear for my life using those Lone Wolf barrels I can't bear to plop my 40 S&W conversion barrels in either my G-29 or G-33....I'll just increase my wife's life insurance for her G-17...wait she doesn't have any... Life Insurance. She loves her Lone Wolf Barrel...easier to clean.

Oh well, still have my EAA all steel Witness Match Elite...in 10 MM

While I don't know Sammi any better than I do Johnni I'll skip the Buffalo Bore

I have both the G20 and G29. Both are fine pistols. I also bought a lone wolf 6 inch slide, adjustable night sights, heavier stainless recoil spring, and a KKW stainless barrel. In this configuration it's easy to beak clays at 50 yards consistently free hand. Both guns handle heavy loads from double tap, underwood, and buffalo bore. The 29 shoots very nice with double tap 135 grain hollow points. The 29 with the extra parts shoots anything very nicely. I know Glock came out with the 40 long slide, but I built this about 6 years ago with no regrets. I was never big on Glock till after I bought the G29. I am not crazy about the plastic magazines, but I guess there always must be a weak link. I still like guns made of metal, but Glock is the cheapest route to a 10mm shooter and does a fine job at that.

You can't compare a RIA to a Dan Wesson. That's like saying don't buy a glock because Hi-points are cheaper.

RIA has a lifetime warranty with no attitude. Have you sent a Dan Wesson back recently? I had to call Dave Severns to get help on telling them what they did wrong and how to fix it. The service manager twit was trying to tell me metal shavings inside my 1911 was "within spec". Eventually they fixed it but it wasn't cool and the attitude was elitist and horrible.

Right now I have a glock 20 which I love. Next 10mm will be a RIA while I learn the ropes with it then the final flavor will be a Springfield custom shop gun.

I decided to add 10mm to my tool box last year, so I picked up a couple Glock 20 pistols - a Gen 2 & Gen 4. They fit my hand great, and I've never had a problem with any of my Glock pistols

IMG_4946-2.jpg

Last Edited:
I trie
41, your pic's background, is that a wig, or a sleeping dog?

:)

The Sig is # 4 on my list :)

stock photo of the Hunter version;
SA only/fiber optic front sight; dandy reptile hide/camo finish if you go for that sort of thing.

The difference between this model & other bottom feeders, is simply....'I ~like~ this one' and it works for me. So get extra magazine & practice hitting stuff the first 8 or 9 shots. Then reload.

My only other 10 is a S&W 610 revolver. Thought it was ugly as Capt O's sister in law until taking it to the range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top