JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HI All,

I own a Glock 20 10MM and am very happy with it, it just works and I love the 10mm cartridge. I have recently been thinking about an 1911 Style 10MM and do not know which one's to look at? I am not going to carry it, some range time, maybe some time in a belt holster on the in laws property in Eastern WA, etc........ Should I buy an Kimber, Colt, etc? Not really in a position for something too high end like Wilson, Nighthawk, etc....... Might have some custom stuff done like a stippled front strap, trigger job and the like....., but do not know which I should look at? Also, would really like to know which mags are the best, I am thinking Wilson, but not sure.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Will

I've heard good things about the Dan Wesson Razorback, I think that they go for about $1500. Colt doesn't make a 10mm to my knowledge. I use Wilson Mags, but my Colt and Ruger factory 7 round mags work well too.

Colt still makes the Delta Elite, though I don't think they ship very many of them. Kimbers, Colts and Dan Wessons will probably be in the $1200-1500 range. I've seen a Rock River (?) 1911 10mm for less than $1000 at the gun show in August. I've got 2 Colts and a Kimber. They all shoot well, but I think the Delta Elite is the best of those.

elsie

I have a Dan Wesson 1911 Pointman Match target 10mm. It is stainless and more accurate than my G 20. I bought a .40 S&W barrel from Dan Wesson and can shoot the 40 reliably from the 10 mm magazines. The only change is the barrel and recoil spring. I will not part with either of them. My wife fired 8 rounds from our Glock and then finished the box of 50 from the Dan Wesson. I was able to buy a new Colt 1911 stainless Magazine in 10mm for $35 and one in blue for $25 at the gun show.

Colt (Delta Elite) doesn't have good barrel support. Look it up. Stop by some 10mm forums, Colts are widely bashed for their carelessness. Enjoy your bulging brass!

Kimber left, Colt right

KimbervsColt10mmbarrels-small.jpg

PuddleMonkey is correct about the case support on the Delta Elites. If your interest in 10mm is to shoot full pressure (original) loads then take this into consideration. I dont shoot my DE enough to know how much of a problem this really is and I shoot full pressure heavy loads and never a problem, but I know that at least one company sells full pressure 10mm that they specifically state not to be fired in the Delta Elite or any rampless 10mm: <broken link removed> ... I do not shoot these.

saw two beautiful RIA 1911 10mm's at the gunshow last weekend for $600.

There are also some different alternatives for a non-1911 platform

Smith & Wesson 1006 (10mm semi-auto)
or
Smith & Wesson 610 (revolver)

EAA makes a 10mm as does Sig

I just got my latest edition of "Gun Tests" today and they rated three 10 MM handguns, A Rock Island Tac Ultra FS (A 1911) which they rated as a B+, downgrading as they say it required a special 'paperclip' tool to disassemble, otherwise they were very favorable toward it. They rated the Gen 4 G-20 an 'A' as it was cheapest. The rated the Sig 220 as a 'B' because it was too expensive, but said price no object to get the Sig.

I have a EAA Witness Elite Match and it is 1911 like in action and CZ in trigger Great Gun and I have a Gen 4 G-29. Both are keepers

I got the wrap around finger grip from Houge for my 10. If you grind,file or sand off the inside so they don't rub on the mag, they fit petty good. I think there made for the CZ models.

IMG_0426_zpsqqv9ouls.jpg

I have had ,I don't know,5 glock 20s. I bought them cause I can almost buy 2 for the price of the 1911s. And the EAAs are the same price and I know how the glock shoots.
Then Rock Island came out with their's. I have wanted to try it and finally made a trade for one. Very happy except for the original mag drops out randomly.
As far as the 'paper clip ' take down,its the same as most bushingless barrel take downs on a 1911.
Anyway,I wanted to try out a cheaper model before jumping up in price for the nicer ones. I was leary of the early problems they had with 10mm 1911s.
This is acurate enough if nothing breaks there won't be any reason to up grade

You know I would not be scared of a Colt Delta Elite and it's the one always ragged on. I have an acquaintance who bought a STI Nitron 10 MM and he could not get rid of it fast enough. He then bought a Para Long Slide Hunter in 10 MM and loves it. He has a Rock Island 10 MM too and says it's also a keeper.

10mm has been on my wish list for probably a decade now...Would like a fusion long slide.. or maybe an STI perfect 10 (ok.. that's technically a '2011')
<broken link removed>

I'm new to the 10mm world but like my all stainless Witness compact. I've been looking at the full sized offerings and keep getting drawn back to the Elite Match as the best bang for the buck.

10mm has been on my wish list for probably a decade now...Would like a fusion long slide.. or maybe an STI perfect 10 (ok.. that's technically a '2011')
<broken link removed>
Really check out fusion to see if they have all their coating issues resolved.
It was years ago that I read it but it seamed that customers were having some complaints.
They look like really nice guns. I would love a long slide.
The big advantage 10mm has over 357,41mag,and even 44mag is round count and reloading.
For defence,I like it best.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top