JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe we should start with the basics. Perhaps somebody could take him out shooting. At least that way he can say that he tried it and it made him cry, instead of just spouting off like a little progressive flavor of the day.
I wouldn't trust him to get the basic Four Rules and not bust a cap in somebody...

Hey, let me raise em for a month. No AC, no plumbing, no electricity. It'll be like the farm. Ain't got a choice but to man up.

Ya'll spoiled if you grew up with a toilet that could flush...

"...empathy, communication, caretaking, and cooperation," virtues universally recognized as feminine."

WTF even is this !?! Why do people confuse being a jerk with masculinity and being nice as feminine? The above mentioned "feminine virtues" are traits of a healthy, well adjusted person. If someone is being an azzhole, call them an azzhole and stop using gender as a scapegoat :mad:.

^. This. A man can be a man—take care of the family, be a provider, a father, a protector, a lover, a friend, even a jester, et al. — and still do so with grace, humility, and beneficence. I don't understand why our society is over thinking such a thing.

I know, and I applaud him as an HFA myself... just the whole sensationalist headline style Fox put on rubbed me the wrong way, amigo. It's not you, it's the Presstitutes.
No offense taken. Have a friend whose younger brother is Downs (hi functioning too) so I am more cognizant of others and notice things like this kid. He said his brother had had like 9 brain ops and was outgoing so am sure he is following in his footsteps. Don't know him but was proud for him.

The article says a feminist thinks her crossdressing son is the paragon of the modern male.

IMO, the paragon of the modern male is one who is strong but uses that strength to protect others. One who will provide for his family no matter what the sacrifice is. One who will not complain about his loss, as long as he was able to stand by his family. Not some crossdressing kid.

The article says a feminist thinks her crossdressing son is the paragon of the modern male.

IMO, the paragon of the modern male is one who is strong but uses that strength to protect others. One who will provide for his family no matter what the sacrifice is. One who will not complain about his loss, as long as he was able to stand by his family. Not some crossdressing kid.

^. This gentleman speaks the truth. A man, regardless of how he dresses publicly or privately, must take care of business. :)

Because confusion settles things right down.

LMFAO, I'm shocked, no, not really if the hardcore feminists I've known had their way the testicle removing facilities would be running full-tilt day and night.
Make that "testicle-transplant facilities"... What these women want is their very own tally-wackers. Sorry about your gender/role- confusion, ladies. And, these girlie-men searching for their "inner femininity" need to embrace their testosterone!:s0121:

Make that "testicle-transplant facilities"... What these women want is their very own tally-wackers. Sorry about your gender/role- confusion, ladies. And, these girlie-men searching for their "inner femininity" need to embrace their testosterone!:s0121:
Too bad they can't jus swap from the brainstem up... nah, then they'd find something new to b---- about.

^. This gentleman speaks the truth. A man, regardless of how he dresses publicly or privately, must take care of business. :)
Sad day when even the clown has to say it... but then again, what is the point of the jester if not to say the truth when no one else will?

I hope to prove my mettle one day, but I know now I can't take care of a family... But if I had to, whether I'm prepared or not, do not think for one second I won't sacrifice everything just for the child that would become the center of my universe...

The OP linked to a synopsis of the article. Here's the original piece in The Atlantic : Today's Masculinity Is Stifling

The Atlantic article is really strange. It's presented as if the author's son is the one attracted to dresses before even school ages all by himself. But the son apparently has dresses in his size available as well as a mermaid costume. And author appears to have been reading to her son from books about little boys who prefer dresses before he was even in kindergarten. WTF! Sounds to me like this author is doing everything possible to lead her son into this preference for traditional women's dress. If it was the kid's strong preference without all this pushing, that would be one thing. To be deliberately led into behavior that is going to make his life harder is another thing entirely.
Is the kid also interested in other traditionally female stuff such as dolls? Is he uninterested in sports or rough and tumble? There is paragraph after paragraph of theoretical verbiage but not a single additional fact to help us understand this boy. I wonder if author is going to give her son dolls and no trucks and read books to him about boys who like dolls and trucks. And maybe make it clear to the kid that she will love him only if he is gay or gender dysphoric.
I'm feeling genuinely angry.
@OldBroad44 , I like your thinking. I didn't pick up on the issue that she encouraged his proclivity. However, she does reveal her own bias, with her conclusion that "There's a word for what's happening here: misogyny." I was disappointed at her hasty conclusion. People having discomfort with a person's habits when they are outside of societal norms is not misogyny. It may reflect closed minds or more commonly, individual discomfort with something outside of their own reality.
The feeling I took away from the article was that she was the one uncomfortable with her son wearing dresses, and wrote an essay to herself to assuage her own discomfort. It was not fear of the reaction of others, that is predictable. It was fear of her son's independence.
I had a GF whose son wore dresses that were left over from his older sister. We did not give a gnat's bubblegum about it - he was a pre-K child. What we both did find amusing was the comments of other adults, "do you think he's going to turn out gay?" Who cares?

I'd say it's the opposite that's true. I'm pretty sure the science is clear that fighting the natural inclination of children does psychological harm.
Actually, I think it would have quite the opposite outcome.
People who can't identify with who they truly are will be a very psychotic bunch.

But if the kids is actually identifying with who he is, then he's following his natural order. It is without question that some people hear a different drum than the rest of society.

"...empathy, communication, caretaking, and cooperation," virtues universally recognized as feminine."
In the article cited in the OP, that is actually the Daily Wire author, Paul Bois, injecting his interpretation of her writing. I did not see her stating or implying that opinion.
Edited to add: "Perhaps today's masculinity is not "stifling," as the author suggests, but lacks clear, positive definitions."
What she did write was, "There are so few positive variations on what a "real man" can look like, that when the youngest generations show signs of reshaping masculinity, the only word that exists for them is nonconforming."

While she projects that it is misogyny that creates discomfort with and the ultimate rejection of individual noncomformity, I reject her notion that it is the process of masculinization that strips men of emotional intelligence, "As boys grow up, the process of becoming men encourages them to shed the sort of intimate connections and emotional intelligence that add meaning to life." Codswallop. I put it to you, it is the process of growing up, whether you are male or female, that encourages or forces you to shed, or at least bury, these intangible assets.

Let's not give up on the cross-dressing kid. He is obviously not being home schooled, so soon his peer group will have more influence then Mommie. If Mommie has pushed him into things that aren't natural for him, he'll probably rebel sooner or later. Kids are pretty resilient. If most couldn't survive one or more weird parents plus a whole lot more, the species would have died out a long time ago.

Funny considering a lot of the recent problems we have had have been the result of coward beta males who can't deal with their issues in a healthy way like a real man actually would.

Too late, I gave up on people in general at this point....
No you haven't given up on people, Boboclown. Look at all the effort you spend entertaining us for free. Thanks, by the way. I think most people take themselves way too seriously. A bit more irreverence and laughter is healthy.

IMO, the paragon of the modern male is one who is strong but uses that strength to protect others. One who will provide for his family no matter what the sacrifice is. One who will not complain about his loss, as long as he was able to stand by his family..
Beautiful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads