JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Atlantic article is really strange. It's presented as if the author's son is the one attracted to dresses before even school ages all by himself. But the son apparently has dresses in his size available as well as a mermaid costume. And author appears to have been reading to her son from books about little boys who prefer dresses before he was even in kindergarten. WTF! Sounds to me like this author is doing everything possible to lead her son into this preference for traditional women's dress. If it was the kid's strong preference without all this pushing, that would be one thing. To be deliberately led into behavior that is going to make his life harder is another thing entirely.

Is the kid also interested in other traditionally female stuff such as dolls? Is he uninterested in sports or rough and tumble? There is paragraph after paragraph of theoretical verbiage but not a single additional fact to help us understand this boy. I wonder if author is going to give her son dolls and no trucks and read books to him about boys who like dolls and trucks. And maybe make it clear to the kid that she will love him only if he is gay or gender disphoric.

I'm feeling genuinely angry.

Your posts are great!

I'm not sure how to respond to the article in the OP...
We are all "wired" differently and need to find for ourselves just who we are , what we want and need...all at our own pace and time.
It is all part of our life's journey to "find ourselves" , sometimes more than once...

Deliberate manipulation occurs far too often in the world today....to have a parent do that to their child is reprehensible.
Andy

This article says there is NO reason to believe the driving off the cliff was intentional. And the pet and other stuff they left at the home suggests they expected to be back soon. So this is apparently NOT a murder or mass murder by the driver. And while the couple is apparently lesbian, there is nothing here about whether or not they are feminist. The article did say there were no skid marks. That can mean the car was driven off the cliff deliberately, or the breaks failed, or the breaks were sabataged, or that the driver had lost conciousness (sleep, alcohol, drugs, heart attack, stroke, diabetic coma, seizure). We don't know.

The Atlantic article is really strange. It's presented as if the author's son is the one attracted to dresses before even school ages all by himself. But the son apparently has dresses in his size available as well as a mermaid costume. And author appears to have been reading to her son from books about little boys who prefer dresses before he was even in kindergarten. WTF! Sounds to me like this author is doing everything possible to lead her son into this preference for traditional women's dress. If it was the kid's strong preference without all this pushing, that would be one thing. To be deliberately led into behavior that is going to make his life harder is another thing entirely.

Is the kid also interested in other traditionally female stuff such as dolls? Is he uninterested in sports or rough and tumble? There is paragraph after paragraph of theoretical verbiage but not a single additional fact to help us understand this boy. I wonder if author is going to give her son dolls and no trucks and read books to him about boys who like dolls and trucks. And maybe make it clear to the kid that she will love him only if he is gay or gender disphoric.

I'm feeling genuinely angry.

Pretty twisted for sure, but she's got it all figured out, so good of her to clue us in. :rolleyes:

This article says there is NO reason to believe the driving off the cliff was intentional. And the pet and other stuff they left at the home suggests they expected to be back soon. So this is apparently NOT a murder or mass murder by the driver. And while the couple is apparently lesbian, there is nothing here about whether or not they are feminist. The article did say there were no skid marks. That can mean the car was driven off the cliff deliberately, or the breaks failed, or the breaks were sabataged, or that the driver had lost conciousness (sleep, alcohol, drugs, heart attack, stroke, diabetic coma, seizure). We don't know.
Ah, I hear you, my mistake.. didn't read. I did realize after posting that the article, all told, was rather old/new relative to the saga. It did take the powers a while to grind out all the facts related to the case.. namely that it was intentional.. a murder.

The only confusion I see in this piece is in this crazy betch's mind. It's pretty obvious to me that a lot of young males today are suffering a testosterone shortage. Had a kid about 18 out here with his dad to pick up some old hay that I was giving away and he couldn't figure out how to pick it up. When his dad showed him, he couldn't get his fingers under the twine.

Simply sounds like more progressive pandering to me. Let boys be boys and girls be girls, without confusion of what their gender is...

I thought we got rid of that gender confusion thing on January 20th, 2017...

Pure round file material. That crap may work in small pocket of big cities, but anywhere else in the world Men measure each other up. Sadly this young boy got ripped off from what he was built to become...A Man of Steel & Velvet.

I am sorry for her son. What a disservice. Life is hard at times and the only thing that gets you through sometimes is sure determination and grit in your gut and even then there are no guarantees. To intentionally weaken her sons resolve only makes things that much harder in my opinion.

I have never understood the radical feminist rational. I am Midwest raised in a 2 parent family. Have always thought that Mothers raise their sons to be respectful men and Fathers raise their daughters to be self-aware strong-minded women. Not to say that moms pussify the sons but they expect them to open doors for women, show deference to others and to be strong when others might tease them. To treat other women like they did their own mothers. Dads are who the daughters look to when they choose their own life partners.
This feminizing of men creates a mess psychologically in the boys who are confused. They usually lack a male figure who expects him to be a man. With no close role models where do these boys turn? Priests? No. Boy Scout leaders? No. Do they find after school jobs to earn their way? No, they wait for Mom to bring it to them.
I am glad for my parents and that they showed me how to grow up. Our future tho is not assured.

In my opinion, the "true man" or "manliest man" has almost 100% control of his emotions. He is a stoic rock statue unaffected by grief, misery, or loss, purely focussed on logic and completing the task at hand. This is not to say he is emotionless, he can be connected and emotional with his wife and daughters However, he never lapses in his control, and never forces his wife or children to take control because he has become too emotional.

He can show compassion and empathy TO THOSE THAT DESERVE IT LIKE FAMILY AND FRIENDS but be ruthless to his enemies IF NEEDED.

So if we raised this "true man" up as the pinnacle of perfection, and every young boy was raised as default to be like this, we would have far less mass shootings.

I think the problem is that men are violent, brutish beings with tons of testosterone and a strong will. Emotions are OK, but not something to be embraced over logic. Men need logic to stay in control, and modern society has taken that from us.

Last Edited:
In my opinion, the "true man" or "manliest man" has almost 100% control of his emotions. He is a stoic rock statue unaffected by grief, misery, or loss, purely focussed on logic and completing the task at hand. This is not to say he is emotionless, he can be connected and emotional with his wife and daughters However, he never lapses in his control, and never forces his wife or children to take control because he has become to emotional.

He can show compassion and empathy TO THOSE THAT DESERVE IT LIKE FAMILY AND FRIENDS but be ruthless to his enemies IF NEEDED.

So if we raised this "true man" up as the pinnacle of perfection, and every young boy was raised as default to be like this, we would have far less mass shootings.

I think the problem is that men are violent, brutish beings with tons of testosterone and a strong will. Emotions are OK, but not something to be embraced over logic. Men need logic to stay in control, and modern society has taken that from them.
Let's bring back spanking!

You're Not The Man Your Father Was

"What's happening to men physically dovetails with a broader story of social transformation. The economy is shifting away from jobs that favor men, like manufacturing, and toward sectors dominated by women. Young men have fallen behind women in educational attainment. They're increasingly dropping out of the workforce and expressing less work centrality. The anxiety over the state of men mirrors a bigger debate over America's national identity. Americans have traditionally seen themselves as a "pro-testosterone" nation: restless, striving, and rowdy.
"

Last Edited:

The article linked above was from March 28th. This was before the details of the investigation were brought to light. The article below, still says it's unknown how the crash happened, but her BAC(blood alcohol content) was .102, just under double the legal limit. Also, the children and wife had heavy amounts of Benadryl in their system, a drug that makes people sleepy.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that she drugged them, got scwhasted and took the family for a plunge. They were running from child protective services and I have no doubt that this was a murder/suicide.

Authorities say they found skeletal remains inside of a size 3.5 girl's shoe a half mile from the Hart crash

Hart family crash: Alarming details revealed in 2013 Oregon child welfare records

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top