JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you wear this Northwest Firearms t-shirt?

• Total voters
My snap judgement says it looks like a logo for a gun shop. Would you check out a random gun shop URL you saw on a t-shirt ? I doubt I would myself. I think the earlier suggestion by Joe13 letting people know its a community and not just a storefront is a good one.

I agree with you.

The issue we have is that we don't want to brand ourselves as a forum. While our site is built around the forum, Northwest Firearms LLC does (and will do, as we grow) much more than a forum, especially offline. Forums also have a negative connotation to many of the very people we want to participate. The term 'organization' is more appropriate, but that doesn't tell anyone anything.

My thinking (which may be flawed!) is that people who see it will either ask about it, remember it from years back and return, or see the URL and visit (however unlikely that may be). To be honest I'm not sure how many people are going to stare longer than a second or two after processing that it's a gun shirt anyhow :D

Nothing on the back please...It's seldom seen if you wear a vest.
Looking forward to a hoody...This ain't Kalifornia and my ears get cold.:eek:

I would prefer Grey or Heather (Dark Grey)

Won't be anything on the back. First run will be black, but color options may be offered in the future :)

If you intend to do a hat also, please don't have that stupid button on the top of the hat! For one it makes wearing over the head hearing protection more comfortable...and while I'm asking sunglasess loops on the side of the hat are wonderful too.

I like the idea of the tag line, and I think it would be great if it were on the back. I know it was stated that there would not be anything on the back but it would be the best place for it. The URL isn't so necessary these days, most people know how to Google even if they don't think to just remove the spaces and add .com but it does look good either way. I want one in XL and a hoodie as soon as they are available!

Depends on the quality of the tee shirt.
I was in the silk screen business years ago and good quality tee shirts aren't cheap.
The best that we ever printed on was made back East by a company owned and run by Mennonites. Thirty years later, I'm still wearing some of them.
Always turn your silk screened shirts inside out when washing to preserve the image.

If you intend to do a hat also, please don't have that stupid button on the top of the hat! For one it makes wearing over the head hearing protection more comfortable...and while I'm asking sunglasess loops on the side of the hat are wonderful too.

Heh I honestly didn't think about that with the hats, our last two runs have had the buttons (standard FlexFit). I'll be sure to keep that in mind, though another run of hats won't be for a while.

I like the idea of the tag line, and I think it would be great if it were on the back. I know it was stated that there would not be anything on the back but it would be the best place for it. The URL isn't so necessary these days, most people know how to Google even if they don't think to just remove the spaces and add .com but it does look good either way. I want one in XL and a hoodie as soon as they are available!

I agree with you, across the shoulders on the back is the best place for a tagline. I like that idea too, though it won't be feasible in this run. This is really my dilemma about the URL. I'm about 65/35 in favor of having it because I think it's necessary, but I like the look better without it. I also think people would be more likely to wear it if it didn't have the URL.

new_black_logo_front.jpg

I was in the silk screen business years ago and good quality tee shirts aren't cheap.
The best that we ever printed on was made back East by a company owned and run by Mennonites. Thirty years later, I'm still wearing some of them.
Always turn your silk screened shirts inside out when washing to preserve the image.

This run won't be top of the line, but we've had good luck and good feedback using the <broken link removed> (heavyweight 5.3oz 100% cotton) in the past.

I agree as well, being we all try ad own quality firearms i truly hate crap. I have shirts that I have worn 10 years ( no kidding) and are not faded or torn up. I have a 3o year old leather jacket that is pretty goo as well. So I would rather pay 30.00 for a great well built t-shirt or a 80.00 hoodie that wont tear, or fall a part after winter or too. I don't buy Walmart shoes accept ones I wear to work on the truck and in the shop. I pay for good well built for the same reason.
Might I suggest maybe going with,
GoGetFunding.com ?
Make this a real project get people to fund it and produce something well worthwhile.

Its nothing personal I would like to support NWFA, but I don't buy crap usually.
I try and buy stuff thats last. Setup a cause and get funds , there are other such project sites that escape me at the moment.

I agree with you, across the shoulders on the back is the best place for a tagline. I like that idea too, though it won't be feasible in this run. This is really my dilemma about the URL. I'm about 65/35 in favor of having it because I think it's necessary, but I like the look better without it. I also think people would be more likely to wear it if it didn't have the URL.
I was thinking the same thing about location for the tag line, and since the first run won't have it, I guess I'll just have to buy v2.0 when it's available! I know it's not the standard logo either, but adding a .com at the end of the word Firearms would look good and accomplish the same thing, while keeping it simple enough for most people to want to wear. The URL across the bottom wouldn't deter me from wearing it, but I much prefer the look of any shirt without a full web address on it unless it's incorporated into the logo. I have a Guncarrier . com shirt that is done that way and it's one of my favorites.

I agree as well, being we all try ad own quality firearms i truly hate crap. I have shirts that I have worn 10 years ( no kidding) and are not faded or torn up. I have a 3o year old leather jacket that is pretty goo as well. So I would rather pay 30.00 for a great well built t-shirt or a 80.00 hoodie that wont tear, or fall a part after winter or too. I don't buy Walmart shoes accept ones I wear to work on the truck and in the shop. I pay for good well built for the same reason.
Might I suggest maybe going with,
GoGetFunding.com ?
Make this a real project get people to fund it and produce something well worthwhile.

Its nothing personal I would like to support NWFA, but I don't buy crap usually.
I try and buy stuff thats last. Setup a cause and get funds , there are other such project sites that escape me at the moment.

I absolutely agree about quality vs crap, I'm the same way.

Don't forget the 'If it were given to me option'. I just want to focus on the design at this point before getting too far into this, which is why I added that option.

There's more to this folks, I promise :D

I was thinking the same thing about location for the tag line, and since the first run won't have it, I guess I'll just have to buy v2.0 when it's available! I know it's not the standard logo either, but adding a .com at the end of the word Firearms would look good and accomplish the same thing, while keeping it simple enough for most people to want to wear. The URL across the bottom wouldn't deter me from wearing it, but I much prefer the look of any shirt without a full web address on it unless it's incorporated into the logo. I have a Guncarrier . com shirt that is done that way and it's one of my favorites.

The URL bothers me a bit. Anyone here work in marketing? Maybe if we leave it off it'll create an air of mystery, causing people to race to their computers and find out what it is :s0114:

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of just the logo.

Don't like Gildan, they tend to run short. I have a long torso and it's annoying, lol. I think Hanes Beefy-T's are the best quality. Heavier and last forever. That said, I would buy the shirt.

Kicking around marketing and merchandising plan for which we need some feedback! Simple public poll to get a feel for what our membership thinks of these.

Any additional information is helpful!

View attachment 282941

I would without hesitation. I even work for a Sporting Goods store as a Network Admin. It would be nice if there were colors to choose from however. Anything but PINK! Thanks!

The URL bothers me a bit. Anyone here work in marketing? Maybe if we leave it off it'll create an air of mystery, causing people to race to their computers and find out what it is :s0114:

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of just the logo.

Yeah, go sans URL... it will definitely look cleaner and also lend itself to that air of mystery you mentioned.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews