JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI Idaho is full.

That attitude didn't keep Californians from ruining Oregon, and it won't keep them from ruining Idaho. It takes more than that since people have the right to move where they want to.

Idaho would be wise to welcome as many conservatives to the state as possible, such as through the Greater Idaho movement, in order to offset the number of libby's who have decided to ruin that state next!

Lots of good stuff posted here regarding a remote bug out location, and I couldn't agree more about living at the location full-time. Unfortunately, I'm stuck as a city dweller for the foreseeable future.

One more thing to keep in mind is that if you can get there, so can others, and in a true long-term SHTF scenario you will need friends to help you survive. Gardening, maintenance, hunting, food prep, defense, processing firewood, etc. You can't do it all alone. I feel the ideal situation is that one person/family lives at the bug out location, and others in a group store provisions there so that they can get there in an event without worrying about bringing much with them.

Last Edited:
So I've decided against buying a BOL locally OR out of state for now. I thought I posted this earlier but maybe I didn't and am already typing this so too late to go back and look, lol.

I have no idea what the political landscape will be wherever I buy now in say 5, 10 or 20 years from now. If I buy a place now for all I know libs will ruin it in 5 years.

Same thing with a BOL. If I buy one it will be to move there full time off grid. I already have all the gear. No loans needed for the land, etc. I can set everything up nicely. But alas either I'm bugging in at home or leaving the area altogether if SHTF depending on the SHTF.

I'm more free and flexible this way.

Lots of good stuff posted here regarding a remote bug out location, and I couldn't agree more about living at the location full-time. Unfortunately, I'm stuck as a city dweller for the foreseeable future.

One more thing to keep in mind is that if you can get there, so can others, and in a true long-term SHTF scenario you will need friends to help you survive. Gardening, maintenance, hunting, food prep, defense, processing firewood, etc. You can't do it all alone. I feel the ideal situation is that one person/family lives at the bug out location, and others in a group store provisions there so that they can get there in an event without worrying about bringing much with them.

Yeah I have a buddy now that I've gotten into guns and preps. There are a couple others but none of them have bought a gun yet and most of them are kind of mambi pambi people. They balk at even going plinking when it's cold. I'm like, yeah they are not SHTF group material. One of my friends is proving to be tougher than the rest, he survived a weekend of cold weather below freezing camping in the snow, first time camping ever. Brought his pre-made cheap survival pack his parents had bought him over for evaluation and I gave him a MOLLE bag and real gear list to get. He even says it's a night and day difference.

I have wished I could go in for a piece of property with a local. This way you are not (so much) treated as a stranger and there is someone always there to watch the place. With your help, your local friend gets a better property than he otherwise would have. If SHTF you need more people anyway. A lone family is just going to end up dead when the first gang comes through. Please note "Ferfal's" recommendation on remote properties - he highly prefers small towns.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top