JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Volunteers?

• Total voters
I think we're in for camp out. @Reno911 how big is your grill? We've got a two foot slab of ribs and no portable grill. I'd gladly pay a users fee in delicious tender pork :D.
Ooh, I'd slow-cook that baby.
Memphis style on a Weber kettle.
4-5 hour cook at 250
Memphis Style Dry Ribs
(not dry, just not heavily sauced like Kansas City style)
5-9-15 Memphis Ribs.jpg
If you have a grill, you want hot and fast.
One of the best things is Gartner's Marinated Beef Short Ribs.
(guaranteed homerun)
The marinade has been a big secret for decades.
I cracked the code on it a few summers back :
Marinade for Flanken Ribs NW Style

Last Edited:
There is alder around, I imagine we could rig up a fire to smoke them ribs if wanted.

Last night I placed my truck camper on the old diesel PU and figured a shakedown cruise before a big road trip is in order. Couldn't think of a better place to drive to from the coast than Wolf Creek and assist with clean up, do a bit of plinking, and camp overnight Friday.
Living on the coast I have plenty of local areas to shoot, but I did stop at Wolf Creek back in December, just to check it out, and shot pistol some. Nice set up... and much needed. Other than some past purchases I rarely get to interact with other forum members, although there are a few in my parts, and this seems like a good time to rub elbows with fellow shootists and do some good for the ranges and woods.
I will be bringing a few dozen COSTCO dogs, with buns and condiments and chips, and I will get a lunch set up for anyone present. If someone wants to bring beverages I'm sure it would be appreciated.
I will probably be the only senior gimp bald four eye guy there, but hey, I can still pick up bubblegum... as well as give it out.:rolleyes: See you there.

It will be awesome to have you there @Legs

I know there are folks on here from the coast, but I always thought they were just myths. :p

I may arrive around 7:00-7:30 Saturday morning and do some practice at lane 1 or 2 before the cleanup. If I wake you up don't freak:) just mosey down and say high.

I'm still looking for transpo to and fro. The gracious offer I received was just too early for me on a Saturday. You can totally call me a baby. So I'd like to get there around 9 (start of event) just to be clear.

For those camping Friday night I am bringing some Coleman gas stoves and lanterns, and a rather large coffee pot and beans for morning brew. Just going with a cold breakfast... like fat pills or tree bark bars.

So a question... will Wolf Creek be closed to the public (obviously yes) with a proper (or not so proper) sign, or do we just grab folks as they come up and put them to work? Reason I ask I would not be too thrilled with midnight shooters showing up and raising hell. I need my beauty sleep. If the range is closed could it be posted Friday evening... or is that asking too much?

For those camping Friday night I am bringing some Coleman gas stoves and lanterns, and a rather large coffee pot and beans for morning brew. Just going with a cold breakfast... like fat pills or tree bark bars.

So a question... will Wolf Creek be closed to the public (obviously yes) with a proper (or not so proper) sign, or do we just grab folks as they come up and put them to work? Reason I ask I would not be too thrilled with midnight shooters showing up and raising hell. I need my beauty sleep. If the range is closed could it be posted Friday evening... or is that asking too much?
We are going to mark the sights closed Saturday for the event and an agent with the forest department will be present, possibly even local sheriff deputy.

Friday night, it sounds like there will be enough parked in front of site three to make a statement for anyone driving by in the late of night. However these sites are nothing like Brown's camp. No actual camp grounds nearby so really no one should be out there but us.

However, if anyone has a good bow saw, please bring it. I can't find mine, and it would come in handy for a camp fire.

I may arrive around 7:00-7:30 Saturday morning and do some practice at lane 1 or 2 before the cleanup. If I wake you up don't freak:) just mosey down and say high.

Hey, that's right about breakfast time for me! If you wake me up I'd like bacon and eggs over-medium please. Toast with real butter and little bit of blackberry jam. Just kidding!

...or am I?

We are going to mark the sights closed Saturday for the event and an agent with the forest department will be present, possibly even local sheriff deputy.

Friday night, it sounds like there will be enough parked in front of site three to make a statement for anyone driving by in the late of night. However these sites are nothing like Brown's camp. No actual camp grounds nearby so really no one should be out there but us.

However, if anyone has a good bow saw, please bring it. I can't find mine, and it would come in handy for a camp fire.

No bow saw but we have a hand saw and a hatchet?

No bow saw but we have a hand saw and a hatchet?
Im pretty sure I have a hand saw in the handle of the axe in my car.

If you haven't used a bow saw to cut up trees, your missing out.

I gave up search and ordered a second on Amazon.

We will have to do with limbs and such.

I am pretty sure the wife, dog, and I are coming!

I will have about half the back of my truck for hauling trash, won't be able to stay for the shoot cus of the dog.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads