JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
I'd like to encourage as many people as I can to help with this. Those of you who are reading this and think that it's a lot of work to go up into the woods, pick up a few piles of crap, put it in a bag, and haul it away so that other people can trash the land again; I have this to say: If we don't do it, nobody else will do it, and it won't get done.

I'll tell y'all, I have been involved in the firearm community for many years, and it's one of my biggest pleasures and fills my heart the most when my children are involved as well. My 10-year-old walks differently after he shoots, practices, and is a part of something bigger with his family. It would be a shame for all of our kids if we don't have places to do this and our kids will grow up on their computers, in their basements, not knowing that there was a God given right to protect their family and their country.

Please check your donations and bring the paint and whatever else you need. I can bring my van and trailer, and I'll cover the dump fees.

85845A74-C298-43BF-90E1-D09D4038E317.JPEG

This is my son practicing and this is why I love doing these things:

Thank you, guys,

John

I could give some more if it would help procuring the paint this go round since the weather will be decent. I'm not a painter but I'll be there and help do something.
Guy

I'd like to encourage as many people as I can to help with this. Those of you who are reading this and think that it's a lot of work to go up into the woods, pick up a few piles of crap, put it in a bag, and haul it away so that other people can trash the land again; I have this to say: If we don't do it, nobody else will do it, and it won't get done.

I'll tell y'all, I have been involved in the firearm community for many years, and it's one of my biggest pleasures and fills my heart the most when my children are involved as well. My 10-year-old walks differently after he shoots, practices, and is a part of something bigger with his family. It would be a shame for all of our kids if we don't have places to do this and our kids will grow up on their computers, in their basements, not knowing that there was a God given right to protect their family and their country.

Please check your donations and bring the paint and whatever else you need. I can bring my van and trailer, and I'll cover the dump fees.

View attachment 852105

Thank you, guys,

John
I would like to add that for those who can't make it out there, monetary donations will very helpful as well. I am sending $40 over shortly thanks to @reblwing who just purchased my 9mm ammo.

View attachment 852105

Thank you, guys,

John
Thank you for that post, John. Well said!

A huge THANK YOU also for the donation for this cleanup! Your $600 contribution put us over the top of our goal!!! I will buy and bring the graffiti blok and all the paint needed!

This is gonna be fun!!!​

View attachment 852105

Thank you, guys,

John
Very generous donation. Thank you for going above and beyond.

Today alone, we raised $690 for this cleanup! (that was John's $600, Eric J's $40 and Don's $50). Thank you guys!!!

Our goal was $772 and we had already raised $375, so, we're over the goal by $293! Hmmmm.... What do we do with that extra money?

First off, I say we wait to see what the final cost of disposal is. After that, any remaining money be put into the next project at NF Wolf Creek Lanes, the Public Safety Project, where we're still raising funds to block an area off the corner of Lane 3 to shooting. Details of that projects are at: https://www.trashnoland.org/fundraisers/public-safety-project-tillamook-state-forest-wolf-creek-rd/ and Phase I of the project is scheduled for April 18th.

Or, we can hold the remaining funds for the next needed cleanup at Wolf Creek. @Cosimel is planning a regular monthly cleanup party and this would help him cover some costs.

It's great to see users stepping up to share and care for these lanes! Let's extend that stewardship to other dispersed shooting areas in the Tillamook!

Thanks all,
Bill

If the extra goes towards developing more spaces and up keep , I believe we all we'll continue to support more growth in our shooting community in all the ways needed.
As I had mentioned I would pickup the dump fees If you want me to haul it if that helps ? Bill

If the extra goes towards developing more spaces and up keep , I believe we all we'll continue to support more growth in our shooting community in all the ways needed.
As I had mentioned I would pickup the dump fees If you want me to haul it if that helps ? Bill
You've already covered the dump fees with your gracious donation today! Thanks John! I'll bring some cash from that and give to the drivers who haul a load to their local transfer station. We'll be well covered!

While at the cleanup, I think it'd be great if we could shovel up some of the gravel and fill in the firing lines jersey barriers again. The inside gravel has sunk down and would really be nice if they were full to the brim once again. So, if anyone can bring a couple shovels and a wheel barrow, that'd be great!

If we can't get the barriers filled in at this cleanup, it'll be a couple weekends until we have the tractor up there and we'll try to get them filled then. I also plan to have the tractor scoop up gravel and pile it back on top of each berm to help build up the berms once again.

I will be there Saturday and will be kicking in some funds as well. Love the generous spirit everyone is showing, in both time and money. Look forward to seeing everyone emerge from winter hibernation.

This is great news, glad there are so many generous and giving people of their time and money.

Sadly, it's really looking like i won't make it, which bums me out as i was planning on doing the usual, turning up 20 minutes late and helping out where i can.

Unfortunately, i just can't get the same amount of mechanicing done with a 2 year old and a 3 month old :( Sorry all.

I don't shoot at these lanes other than after a cleanup, and sometimes not then. But I usually don't miss being at a cleanup as its so important.
I have several great places I target shoot that are much closer to my home that are never crowded. My preferred quarry gives me up to 250 yards to enjoy.
I may not make it by 9am but will be there soon after.

I don't shoot at these lanes other than after a cleanup, and sometimes not then. But I usually don't miss being at a cleanup as its so important.
I have several great places I target shoot that are much closer to my home that are never crowded. My preferred quarry gives me up to 250 yards to enjoy.
I may not make it by 9am but will be there soon after.
Thanks, WC! I knew we could count on you! Trooper you are! See ya manyana!!

I'll be there to help clean. Anything I can bring that you don't have?
I can't think of anything, except a 5 gal empty bucket or two, along with a shovel. I'd like to shovel up some gravel off lane 3 and fill in the jersey barriers at all 4 lanes. That would take at least a couple buckets per lane, so, fill up the buckets at lane 3 and haul them to each lane and top off the firing lines.

Other than that, bring a healthy volunteer spirit! We always have a good time, whether it be working or shooting, we do it as a team and all enjoy the meet-n-greet of fellow NWFA members.

Great to have you there! Thanks,

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews