JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I go with my P238 most of the time, but I like my HK P30 sometimes in colder weather. Carrying a P30 with a 10-round mag seems like carrying a handicapped gun. I know some would still prefer a full-size grip and not be too concerned with losing capacity (10 rounds in a smaller gun), but I'm curious if 114 has people reconsidering their carry gun.
If I was a freaking Jew in the Warsaw Ghetto I'd carry a gun.

Looks like capacity worries on 114, are going away. I have several options but my main carry pieces for 5-7 yrs are a small 9mm or full sized 45. Mostly for comfort, up to 12 hrs.

The higher capacity mini 9s that weren't a brick didn't show up until recently. I think my last purchase was a Walther PPS where the big mag holds 7 or 8 rds. My carry habits changed a little when Washington's 10 rd capacity went into effect because I often pop over the bridge for one reason or another.

No! Saying this is kind of moot for me, as my carry guns are mostly small. I was carrying the S&W MP9EZ, (an 8 rounder), and My shield only holds 8. I have plenty of extra mags to carry. I don't EDC my Full sized arms, so I don't have holsters for them. But when this 114 fiasco started I was quick to get a holster for 1911A1 from 1791 Holsters. I also have a duty mag pouch so with the one up the pipe I'm carrying 25. I should get another duty mag pouch. And they're all 230g round ball. But it does prove the point that mag limits don't limit round count!!!

If 98% of pistols out there are against the law as written, then you're already a criminal so you might as well just keep calm and carry on.

Since I'm old and retired and wear cotton shorts every day, because I can, I will continue to carry my LCP 2 as usual. If the ?astard is on top of me beating the crap out of me I am fairly certain that 7 in his ear hole will slow him down a bit. Also carry spare mag inthe other pocket so my shorts sag more evenly.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top