JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess then my follow up question for some of you would be, what will you do in the event you have to use the gun? Flee the scene? lol
The likelihood of me ever needing to use my gun is slim to none, maybe slightly higher than me winning the lottery. If I have to use my gun to protect myself or my loved ones, a misdemeanor will be the least of my worries.

Not only do you have the city, state or feds investigating your shoot, you'll also have the injured/dead perp/family likely suing you for wrongful death.

This also doesn't even factor in that IF you have to use your gun in self defense that the criminal gets the drop on you, and you're now accounting for your sins with your maker.

The only way a cop is going to know that my gun has more than what's allowed is if I shoot someone.

Last Edited:
In colder weather I carry differently than summer so to me the weather has more effect than 114 does. Summer carry 380s,9mm and 38 are what I carry. Winter I carry 40, 45 and 357. This is based on how I dress and how others dress.

In colder weather I carry differently than summer so to me the weather has more effect than 114 does. Summer carry 380s,9mm and 38 are what I carry. Winter I carry 40, 45 and 357. This is based on how I dress and how others dress.
Mine are more dependent on how I feel. If it's the 1911 in the summer than a light cover goes along way using an owb.

My carry pistols were 3rd gen Smith and Wesson semis. The 6906 was the smallest and had a 12 round mag. With the base plate of a full size mag replaced with a handle extension the full size 15 round mag fit and extended the grip to the length of the full size 5906 and 4006 which were my other two carry pieces. So between the three pistols all were/are 14 or 15+1. All grips are of the proper length to fill my hand. All will be illegal to carry. None have 10 round mags available.

I have been switching over to the 1911 platform so I am lucky in that sense.

I think these pecker munching asshats should be financially liable for rendering my investment essentially useless for it's intended purpose. Interestingly enough all my 3rd gen S&W pistols were police trade-ins. IMHO somebody needs a legal and financial slap down. I really don't give a rats behind who.

My carry pistols were 3rd gen Smith and Wesson semis. The 6906 was the smallest and had a 12 round mag. With the base plate of a full size mag replaced with a handle extension the full size 15 round mag fit and extended the grip to the length of the full size 5906 and 4006 which were my other two carry pieces. So between the three pistols all were/are 14 or 15+1. All grips are of the proper length to fill my hand. All will be illegal to carry. None have 10 round mags available.

I have been switching over to the 1911 platform so I am lucky in that sense.

I think these pecker munching asshats should be financially liable for rendering my investment essentially useless for it's intended purpose. Interestingly enough all my 3rd gen S&W pistols were police trade-ins. IMHO somebody needs a legal and financial slap down. I really don't give a rats behind who.
I have never seen a 14 or 15 round
Magazine for the 4006 they have yraditional been 10 or 11. I have several 40 cal S&W including 410, 4006 and 4043. They all use the same magazines.

What Who is this "carry gun" of which you speak?
Maybe a typo?

DF4FF8EC-8D62-468B-B0D2-C75B5A188BD5.jpeg

:p

Last Edited:
I go with my P238 most of the time, but I like my HK P30 sometimes in colder weather. Carrying a P30 with a 10-round mag seems like carrying a handicapped gun. I know some would still prefer a full-size grip and not be too concerned with losing capacity (10 rounds in a smaller gun), but I'm curious if 114 has people reconsidering their carry gun.

Nope, I will carry whatever I (and not a bunch of clueless woke soy-feed morons) deem fit.

I guess then my follow up question for some of you would be, what will you do in the event you have to use the gun? Flee the scene? lol
No flee. If I survive and it's in a public spot, it will be ruled a good shoot. If it's somewhere that only the trees witnessed, there won't be cell reception and thus, S³
Edit to add: based on my experience, the latter is the most likely scenario. I avoid turds and crappy situations in urban settings and so far have a pretty good sense for it. It's the forest where I've met the wackiest and sometimes belligerent people.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top