JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I go with my P238 most of the time, but I like my HK P30 sometimes in colder weather. Carrying a P30 with a 10-round mag seems like carrying a handicapped gun. I know some would still prefer a full-size grip and not be too concerned with losing capacity (10 rounds in a smaller gun), but I'm curious if 114 has people reconsidering their carry gun.

I go with my P238 most of the time, but I like my HK P30 sometimes in colder weather. Carrying a P30 with a 10-round mag seems like carrying a handicapped gun. I know some would still prefer a full-size grip and not be too concerned with losing capacity (10 rounds in a smaller gun), but I'm curious if 114 has people reconsidering their carry gun.
Well..right now I'm carrying a Glock 43x 10 rounder. If 114 goes into full effect, I'll probably switch to my Glock 22 15 rounder. Just because. o_O

Since I'm not getting 10-round magazines for all of my models of handguns, by default, it's going to eliminate several from being a carry gun (legally).

But any handgun already in my primary carry group of handguns will stay in that group and if I need to reduce to 10 round mags, I will.

Because, I only carry what would meet my minimum carry qualification standards with, regardless of how many rounds it has.

My EDC will not change at all. If I need to use it and I'm still alive after then I may have to deal with m114 BS. If my family and possibly innocents survived because I had an effective weapon that I trained with, I would be 100% ok with that. For me the possible consequences of being undergunned are far worse than any consequences from m114 unconstitutional BS. Like judge Raishcio said, m114 makes 1 in 5 Oregonians criminals. I guess I'm one of those 1 in 5.

Seriously though, I'd definitely daily carry the G22 if I didn't print so bad with it. It's a heck of alot more accurate..for me. Which is why I carry the 43x, but did get the SA 15 round mag for it.
Out of curiosity, what's your build, and how do you carry? I can rock the 17 OWB t-shirt and shorts and not print too much. But then again, I'm in southern Oregon, so I'm not as concerned with printing as much as I would be if I were in Portland.

Seriously though, I'd definitely daily carry the G22 if I didn't print so bad with it. It's a heck of alot more accurate..for me. Which is why I carry the 43x, but did get the SA 15 round mag for it.
Get a metal mag catch too if you haven't already. :)

Actually yes, 114 has changed my carry gun.

I have been quite happily carrying my 6+1 Diamondback DB9 9mm and never felt under armed (Except when I go to Portland where I carry my .45acp XDS). Because of the "buy it now or who knows when you will be able to buy it" of 114 I finally picked up a Springfield Hellcat. So if the Hellcat works out for pocket carry for me I will now be carrying an 11+ 1 thanks to 114.

In 30+ years of carrying I have never once been asked by any law enforcement to show my carry gun. Not to mention here in Central Oregon the local police and Sheriff's department have made it very clear that the very last thing they are going to worry about is how many rounds your magazine will hold because they have REAL crimes to deal with which already keeps them quite busy.

Last Edited:
Out of curiosity, what's your build, and how do you carry? I can rock the 17 OWB t-shirt and shorts and not print too much. But then again, I'm in southern Oregon, so I'm not as concerned with printing as much as I would be if I were in Portland.
Well my build is lol..a bit on the heavier side. My wife says 'fluffy'. I have a gut :D I have IWB CYA's, outside paddle concealment expresses for both guns, and an Alien Gear IWB for the 43x. I've tried about everything. Best comfort is OWB with either gun, but best conceal is the alien gear. Now that it's winter I can sling the OWB with a good flannel, but come summertime I'd better go on a diet.

Well my build is lol..a bit on the heavier side. My wife says 'fluffy'. I have a gut :D I have IWB CYA's, outside paddle concealment expresses for both guns, and an Alien Gear IWB for the 43x. I've tried about everything. Best comfort is OWB with either gun, but best conceal is the alien gear. Now that it's winter I can sling the OWB with a good flannel, but come summertime I'd better go on a diet.
I'm not sure what the problem is...

Full size p220. If I can't have capacity... I will take an easy shooting full size 45 (with the 10 round mags) To clarify, a p220 was not something I didn't carry before. It just went into heavier rotation

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top