JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You didn't read the measure either, did you?

There is quite a significant difference between a PUBLICLY SEARCHABLE DATABASE, and ANY current database...
Where in the measure does it say the database will be public? It only states that the database will be maintained by OSP, that it will be electronic, and searchable. Says nothing about public.

Where in the measure does it say the database will be public? It only states that the database will be maintained by OSP, that it will be electronic, and searchable. Says nothing about public.
JMHO here, but that concern is based around it not saying it will not be publicly available while other parts have mention of being subjected to the public record laws. Much like the 'when does it start' confusion because of how poorly written the whole mess is it feels correct to err on the side of "what could go wrong?" and not trust the authors good(sic) intentions

JMHO here, but that concern is based around it not saying it will not be publicly available while other parts have mention of being subjected to the public record laws. Much like the 'when does it start' confusion because of how poorly written the whole mess is it feels correct to err on the side of "what could go wrong?" and not trust the authors good(sic) intentions
Exactly!

Plus the concern, even if this database is only "for the State" (whatever that means), of the database being made public. Either intentionally, or by "accident" ala California's data release recently...

There is absolutely zero need for a searchable database in Oregon. Unless it is planned to be used for untoward or insidious purposes.

In MY OPINION.

Exactly!

Plus the concern, even if this database is only "for the State" (whatever that means), of the database being made public. Either intentionally, or by "accident" ala California's data release recently...

There is absolutely zero need for a searchable database in Oregon. Unless it is planned to be used for untoward or insidious purposes.

In MY OPINION.
If there's one thing we've learned, it's that you can't trust those bubblegumers.

Let's call it what it is "digital gun registration"

Step 1 - 2015 SB 941 restricted the sale and transfer privately, even between family members. You can't gift a firearm to family or friends without a transfer and you are required to report a gun loss or theft.

Step 2 - 2022 114 creates a permit system and, more importantly, a state database of firearms transactions; while the OSP is to destroy this list after 5 years, there is nothing to keep the state from making a copy of that list before it's destroyed. Meaning the state will probably keep a list of who has guns and what types of guns.

Step 3 - The state legislature would then have the power to ban types of firearms, "assault rifles" or any firearm capable of holding more than 10 rounds, 5 rounds, or 1 round or whatever? The state/cities will have two things in place a list of gun owners and their types of guns, and laws that stop private transfers.

They can then target owners for forced buyback, confiscation under threat of legal action based on their ownership

Let's call it what it is "digital gun registration"

Step 1 - 2015 SB 941 restricted the sale and transfer privately, even between family members. You can't gift a firearm to family or friends without a transfer and you are required to report a gun loss or theft.
Not entirely true.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.

How would you buy any firearm without a purchase permit that is unobtainable?

let me guess, you didnt actually read what you voted for?
EXACTLY! Too many voters believe the media summary about the "benefits" of new gun laws..and fail to read for themselves . Also many people still believe the system will be fair, when everybother example shows the laws will be interpreted to our disadvantage in service to the control agenda.

Oh, so Karen who works in HR where you just interviewed for a job can run your name in a publicly accessible database and shiete-cans your employment eligibility because you're an "evil gun owner", then blasts your name to all her other Karen HR manager friends to add to their "black-list"….. because that sharing of "black-lists" is what they've been documented doing.

Or landlords using it to screen renters…. or nosey neighbors taking a peek into your business, or bad-guys shopping for places to hit and score firearms that'll wind up on the street and perpetuate the very thing 114 purports to prevent… etc, etc, etc.

So, you still see no difference between that and a government database that's accessed for "official use" only by official government agents?

Really?

Quite frankly, I believe YOU'RE the one who's possibly being combative, in a slimy passive-aggressive way.
Spot on!

Not entirely true.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
And the ONLY reason I have brought in a "number" of new guns, lowers, mags into my "collection". Already have what I need to be happy as a clam in the years to come. I can make what ever else I want. But with keeping my 3 late teenage boys in mind, I just bought the basics for what they will want in the soon to come years. They dont know it. But in future birthdays, marriage, grandchild births etc. they have "gifts" now pre-114 stocked away. Son graduates collage, here is a Bosnian AK47. Son gets married, Glock 19x and an AR15 lower, Birth of my first grandchild, 12gage. Etc. The training .22's are all ready good to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top