JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a heads up on a rumor from piratepast40 that m114 could go into place during the appeal (the appeal will happen soon). Who knows what will happen but a heads up.

53639A7E-BDCB-4549-8801-78F62F00456D.jpeg
Here's the quote from another thread
I've heard that the state has officially petitioned the Oregon supremes to have M114 go into effect while the appeal moves forward. Have not seen the official filing and don't know it it's available yet. In the past, they have posted these things at the close of the business day on a weekend. Perhaps drop that as a part of their official appeal?

At least you have the option to make things go faster. My orders are already in and taking the slow boat to home.
One of my mag orders will be through Gun Mag Warehouse. They are so slow to ship, I may have to change that. I'd assume if it's in transit I'll be good.. but if it's not shipped then I'm screwed.

I hope 114 doesn't get revived.

Mmmm, when is it scheduled? I have a number of things in flight and it would be great if they all came in before the shenanigans start. . .
Great question and impossible to say. So take as a rumor only would be my suggestion fwiw. We don't know: (1) when actual appeal will start but it should be soon, (2) if a request to start m114 will be sent to Oregon supremes, and (3) what OR supremes would do with the request.

Fwiw my gut feel is OR supremes won't grant it (the request to start m114 while the appeal is going on I mean) based on their earlier refusal to the state to put in an injunction during the raschio process. But that's only my guess and I'm no lawyer. It just seems like this OR Supreme Court doesn't want to jump ahead of the process from that one earlier example only.

The scary part is we can go from normal to m114 implemented pretty much overnight if OR supremes were to grant such a request.

The scary part is we can go from normal to m114 implemented pretty much overnight if OR supremes were to grant such a request.
Yeah, that is the worry I have too, as I have stated in many other threads. I was just hoping to have a bit of forewarning via seeing it put in the schedule so I could know for sure when the real danger could pop up, but if this is one of those cases they are only going to publicly schedule the day before then we may have next to no warning at all.

Of course there is still the chance that OSSC denies review. Probably a slim chance, but it would be nice to have this whole ordeal over and done with. I really do not want to have to wait for SCOTUS to finally hear one of the federal cases, that could still be a few years off.

One of my mag orders will be through Gun Mag Warehouse. They are so slow to ship, I may have to change that. I'd assume if it's in transit I'll be good.. but if it's not shipped then I'm screwed.

I hope 114 doesn't get revived.
Just got an email from GMW myself, the shipper has the package, so at least that one should go through. I have two things from FFLs that are in payment/shipping limbo, so hopefully that all gets sorted before any legal problems arise.

Great question and impossible to say. So take as a rumor only would be my suggestion fwiw. We don't know: (1) when actual appeal will start but it should be soon, (2) if a request to start m114 will be sent to Oregon supremes, and (3) what OR supremes would do with the request.

Fwiw my gut feel is OR supremes won't grant it (the request to start m114 while the appeal is going on I mean) based on their earlier refusal to the state to put in an injunction during the raschio process. But that's only my guess and I'm no lawyer. It just seems like this OR Supreme Court doesn't want to jump ahead of the process from that one earlier example only.

1. The deadline to file for the state is in 3 days. Their notice to the plaintiffs seems to indicate they are about ready, or, they filed and we just haven't heard about it yet. From there, our side will have a period of time to file a response and it will depend on #2 if or when they might respond further down the road.

2. If they will hear it or not or what, if any, action they may or may not take on the states petition to implement.

I'm kind of with you at around 30/70 they won't grant implementation during the appeal and maybe 50/50 they will actually hear the case. Passing the buck up to the OSSC seems just as likely as not.

In that event.. I'm probably about 80/20 they would stay St. Raschio's order and allow implementation. The tide does seem to be shifting ever so slightly though and I'm not as 100% sure they will as I used to be. That said... I would still be highly shocked if they didn't.

As for warning... I mean... c'mon. It's not as if this whole thing hasn't been in motion for well over a year and we've been living on borrowed time since the voters passed it. How many more warnings or chances do folks really need to get all their purchases completed?? It should have all been a done deal many many months ago. 😁

(I'm just as guilty as any. On average... it's probably 3-6weeks after the last time I "was done" before I realize there is something else I still "need".)🤣

Yeah, that is the worry I have too, as I have stated in many other threads. I was just hoping to have a bit of forewarning via seeing it put in the schedule so I could know for sure when the real danger could pop up, but if this is one of those cases they are only going to publicly schedule the day before then we may have next to no warning at all.

Of course there is still the chance that OSSC denies review. Probably a slim chance, but it would be nice to have this whole ordeal over and done with. I really do not want to have to wait for SCOTUS to finally hear one of the federal cases, that could still be a few years off.
Would be rare for any state supremes to deny an appeal from the state.

We've got the 9th circuit appeal of the California mag ban scheduled for the week of 18 March. I would suspect that the Oregon AG and staff have picked that appeal clean for any and all phrases, sentences, and other bull spit that will help them.

Don't have a good feel for Oregon waiting for their decision before implementing that portion of 114. You would think there is a point where they want to save some money on defending their decisions, but then again, Rosenbloom is resigning soon, so might want implementation on her resume. On the other hand, maybe Rayfield wants her to wait so he can be the one to implement it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top