JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thread cleaned now lets all get back to the original topic and remember the forum rules still apply.
Of course i show up after it gets cleaned up. I hate missing the party. So was he a troll after all daddy-oh?

Seriously though.. I'd be getting ahead of the curve, knowing what's in the pipe for the 2023 Legislative session. Start stocking up on parts and looking for armalite accessories and spares and have litigation ready for the AWB they wanna shove on us next.

So, does anybody remember when the whole affordable health care for Oregon website and implementation went really smooth and all............... wasn't the state the ones in charge of that as well. That was an actual funded program and ran out vs this bs that is unfunded except the undecided amount you will pay in the future when they ammend the max part, after they find out what's stated isnt going to let them pad their own wallet or wet dream projects.

So, does anybody remember when the whole affordable health care for Oregon website and implementation went really smooth and all............... wasn't the state the ones in charge of that as well. That was an actual funded program and ran out vs this bs that is unfunded except the undecided amount you will pay in the future when they ammend the max part, after they find out what's stated isnt going to let them pad their own wallet or wet dream projects.
if i recall the state massively overpaid the developer for that website lol. such a disaster

Why people are rushing out to buy guns before measure 114 takes affect? Today I heard that it is at 13K in the background check list. I can see that some guns may not be available after the law is in place. Most models of guns will be still available except with different standard magazine (10rds). Many manufacturers already product 10rd mags for most guns for their markets in Calif, Wash and a number of other states.that has this over 10rds mag ban.
I won't even get into the infringement on our rights aspect. That is a matter of principle that some will take issue with and others won't worry about as much. To each their own....

But pragmatic reasons to purchase before Measure 114 goes into affect:
1) There has been no clarification on how gun purchases will be handled while the State scrambles to enact this law. They could let things continue as they are until they have the infrastructure in place to enforce it, or they could freeze all sales in the meantime. Things will get really crazy if that happens.
2) Money. It is going to be more expensive to buy a gun. You will have to pay for a safety course, and then you will have to pay for a permit.
3) Time. You will have to find time to take the aforementioned safety course, and you will have to wait for the state to process your application for a permit. As it stands, you may also have to wait a very long time while the State figures out how to implement these things.

I am not afraid that I won't be able to get a gun after 114 is in place. I just don't want the added expense and inconvenience. When I take a fall and mess up my deer rifle, I don't want to worry about if that just ended my season because by the time I get through the process of purchasing the season will be over.

I also take issue with the infringement on our rights as American citizens. However, like I said I won't get into that because either you believe it is a right or you don't. I don't think there is much one side can say to change the minds of the other, so I won't get on a soapbox about that.

Yes coveroregon had cost hundreds of millions of dollars. They had those catchy song TV ads but that was the only thing about it that ever worked. Then the State blamed everyone else and sued some of the contractors. Maybe got some of the taxpayers' money back who knows. And don't forget the Columbia River Crossing project. Hundreds of millions of dollars spent that resulted in a shiny new bridge nothing. There are a few other Oregon State projects in recent memory that ended up going way over budget (by 10s or more millions of dollars).

Starting to look like a "planning issue". Oregon, set some goals for yourself ahead of time, plan (but don't spend too much time in meetings where no decisions are ever made) and then execute. Whatever your job is in life, be good at it. Please.

Yeah, and potland did the same thing with a ton of wasted money on a billing computer program for the potland water and sewer department. Money just, GONE. Morrison Bridge resurfacing? Lots of money, GONE!

Why people are rushing out to buy guns before measure 114 takes affect? Today I heard that it is at 13K in the background check list. I can see that some guns may not be available after the law is in place. Most models of guns will be still available except with different standard magazine (10rds). Many manufacturers already product 10rd mags for most guns for their markets in Calif, Wash and a number of other states.that has this over 10rds mag ban.
Maybe the 7 counties that voted for it they should be the only ones to have 114 and let us know how it works for them.

As others have state once active you need to go though a sheriff firearms training to obtained a firearm's licenses so you can buy a gun and it's my understanding that.......

- No money has been allocated for such a training program and as of yet no training program exists, when will it exist?
- This also creates a state digital database of guns or "gun registration" searchable by the state and local agencies.
- All guns after the 8th will be restricted to 10 rounds if you buy now say a Glock 17 you get three 17 round mags a 90.00 value.

The same a holes that allowed lawless riots in Portland for over a year and refused to prosciutto most rioters! Are now basically say the rest of us many law abiding citizens with CC permits can't be trusted with 11 or more round magazines.

And yes, I have an issue with this

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top