JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry, but I have to chuckle at the notion of any gubmint entity worrying about saving taxpayer $. Other people's money just spends too easily, and it's an endless supply.
20 years of working for the gubmint I have to agree.....but us hard working blue collar folks in the feild definitely think differently, makes me sick to see the waste and how lazy 95% of goverment workers are. I see folks in upper management that have never been in the feild laughing about the waste of taxpayers dollars......and here I am just scraping bye trying to raise a family

20 years of working for the gubmint I have to agree.....but us hard working blue collar folks in the feild definitely think differently, makes me sick to see the waste and how lazy 95% of goverment workers are. I see folks in upper management that have never been in the feild laughing about the waste of taxpayers dollars......and here I am just scraping bye trying to raise a family
Wife works for the ESD. One of the idiots in charge, is leaving soon. A few things, he's been rejecting her mileage to drive to the schools that she's assigned. Now they're telling everyone that they used Covid money to pay staff, and need to get grants. He later said he knows that one of the schools got Covid tests because HE packed them himself. I'm glad he was able to find something to occupy his time making $150k per year.

Another great example is my buddy. He's officially the vice principal, but he's really the main guy. His boss, will often mow the school grounds. Great use of your time dude...

Wife works for the ESD. One of the idiots in charge, is leaving soon. A few things, he's been rejecting her mileage to drive to the schools that she's assigned. Now they're telling everyone that they used Covid money to pay staff, and now they need to get grants. He later said he knows that one of the schools got Covid tests because HE packed them himself. I'm glad he was able to find something to occupy his time making $150k per year.

Another great example is my buddy. He's officially the vice principal, but he's really the main guy. His boss, will often mow the school grounds. Great use of your time dude...
You know my pain.....I might be leaving my job soon, it's the best job in the world but i can't take the bs anymore, it's sad

You know my pain.....I might be leaving my job soon, it's the best job in the world but i can't take the bs anymore, it's sad
I briefly worked in the Hawaii government, it was terrible. I couldn't take it. 10% of the workers did 90% of the work. My old man retired with ODOT and is a really hard worker. He hated it when I would say "close enough for government work". :s0140:

I briefly worked in the Hawaii government, it was terrible. I couldn't take it. 10% of the workers did 90% of the work. My old man retired with ODOT and is a really hard worker. He hated it when I would say "close enough for government work". :s0140:
I use the good enough for government work quote all the time, makes me chuckle to myself. Some of us truly bust our arses.....the majority not so much

I could go on and on about working for the government so I'll say this when I found out I could retire with no penalty from the BLM at 59 1/2 because I had 10 years of combined Government time (4 years active duty and 6 years BLM) I was out of there and haven't looked back.

I "liked" your statement just to acknowledge it, not that I like it. I understand your sentiment about scraping bye. I have four kids and a wife on a single income, we enjoy the benefits of always eating at home together and working around the house before fun. We call it old fashioned, I wish more people would put family first.

I "liked" your statement just to acknowledge it, not that I like it. I understand your sentiment about scraping bye. I have four kids and a wife on a single income, we enjoy the benefits of always eating at home together and working around the house before fun. We call it old fashioned, I wish more people would put family first.
Amen!

1. The deadline to file for the state is in 3 days. Their notice to the plaintiffs seems to indicate they are about ready, or, they filed and we just haven't heard about it yet. From there, our side will have a period of time to file a response and it will depend on #2 if or when they might respond further down the road.

2. If they will hear it or not or what, if any, action they may or may not take on the states petition to implement.

I'm kind of with you at around 30/70 they won't grant implementation during the appeal and maybe 50/50 they will actually hear the case. Passing the buck up to the OSSC seems just as likely as not.

In that event.. I'm probably about 80/20 they would stay St. Raschio's order and allow implementation. The tide does seem to be shifting ever so slightly though and I'm not as 100% sure they will as I used to be. That said... I would still be highly shocked if they didn't.

As for warning... I mean... c'mon. It's not as if this whole thing hasn't been in motion for well over a year and we've been living on borrowed time since the voters passed it. How many more warnings or chances do folks really need to get all their purchases completed?? It should have all been a done deal many many months ago. 😁

(I'm just as guilty as any. On average... it's probably 3-6weeks after the last time I "was done" before I realize there is something else I still "need".)🤣
I'm like a crakhead on his way to rehab..,just one more .. That's about the same cycle I'm on … the latest was s&w m 58 ….. up next is a colt cobra carry 🙄

There's an auction I'm keeping an eye on that ends in a couple days so and it's very possible the sword of Damocles will come down sometime between winning the auction and it arriving for me to do the transfer. I guess worst case scenario is a 10% restock fee (which is a non-trivial amount considering the value of the auction). Fun times.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top