JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why people are rushing out to buy guns before measure 114 takes affect? Today I heard that it is at 13K in the background check list. I can see that some guns may not be available after the law is in place. Most models of guns will be still available except with different standard magazine (10rds). Many manufacturers already product 10rd mags for most guns for their markets in Calif, Wash and a number of other states.that has this over 10rds mag ban.

Why people are rushing out to buy guns before measure 114 takes affect? Today I heard that it is at 13K in the background check list. I can see that some guns may not be available after the law is in place. Most models of guns will be still available except with different standard magazine (10rds). Many manufacturers already product 10rd mags for most guns for their markets in Calif, Wash and a number of other states.that has this over 10rds mag ban.
Because they don't want to go through all of the required bullshint and added expense! Are you trolling?

Cause I'm not going to "apply" for a permission slip to purchase a God given right.

If this is a serious question .....

I would guess that it is because...
People don't want a permit to exercise a Right....
People also don't want their information on a public accessible data base...

Those are two very big WTF 114 moments , to me at least.
Andy

Go ahead, get a permit and put your name/address on a publicly searchable database. I don't need any more guns, but if this is the last time I can buy without a permit, I'm going to buy as much as I can. I'd rather move out of Oregon then get a permit to buy a gun.

I dont need any more guns either which is why I only bought a couple AR receivers, hellcat, cp33, CM45, DB9 and a PC Charger. Nothing I needed but since this is my last chance to buy... I should have my yet to be born grandchildren covered for self protection at least.

I ordered through Sportsman's warehouse and they should be here on the 18th. At that time I will see if my concealed permit does me any good or if I get to wait along with everyone else. SW says I purchased the guns on Nov 9th. Should be a nice bubblegum show if I dont get approved before the December closing date.

I wouldn't have purchased any of these if the law hadn't passed. I don't even like AR's but it is pretty much now or who knows when.

If the purpose of the law was to get more guns out on the street in the immediate future they did a fine job of it.

Last Edited:
My prediction is with this BS a thing now, people will be for lack of a better word, "playing " with the guns they currently own. By that I mean shooting more, reloading, tinkering and tuneing that kind of stuff. One thing for sure, we need more good guys with guns in society today.

First and foremost I do not like M114 and consider it an infringement to my 2nd Amend rights.
With that said, I kinda agree with the O.P.

People still have gaps they need to fill in their collection in 2022?
Obama madness, COVID strangeness, anitfa riots, and the current state of the nation? And you have a gap and need more? I think you are too late to the game. First one i purchased in several years was for entertainment, not protection. Havent gone that route in over a decade.

As for a searchable database, find out how that turns out. I can guarantee you every time the dealer called for a instant background check with serial number and your information, you got put into whatever system they have and will never let it go.

So yes, i do find it amusing people are pulling the trigger now instead of years earlier. Rather it is for self defense or entertainment......

My guess is they are just trying to boost the end of the year economic numbers, hoping to make the state economy look good for the year.

It's not like there's any new laws or anything going in effect. It would be all over this forum if there were, but it's been crickets lately.

First and foremost I do not like M114 and consider it an infringement to my 2nd Amend rights.
With that said, I kinda agree with the O.P.

People still have gaps they need to fill in their collection in 2022?
Obama madness, COVID strangeness, anitfa riots, and the current state of the nation? And you have a gap and need more? I think you are too late to the game. First one i purchased in several years was for entertainment, not protection. Havent gone that route in over a decade.

As for a searchable database, find out how that turns out. I can guarantee you every time the dealer called for a instant background check with serial number and your information, you got put into whatever system they have and will never let it go.

So yes, i do find it amusing people are pulling the trigger now instead of years earlier. Rather it is for self defense or entertainment......
You didn't read the measure either, did you?

There is quite a significant difference between a PUBLICLY SEARCHABLE DATABASE, and ANY current database...

I did the permit to purchase in Hawaii to get my hands on a 90s Python; I won't go it again. I'm in the CHL que for two Langdon Tactical Beretta's and a Ruger 357.

I'm not buying under the new permit system. If you voted for this, go have intercourse with yourself.

For one:
The permit system not being in place and ready to go as of the 8th has ZERO guarantee of any sort of timeframe meaning ALL gun sale come to an absolute halt. This, tyrannical and unconstitutional measure (according to OSP's announcement) means residents now cannot purchase a firearm UNTIL the permit system is in place.

Secondly, additional cost and availability.. buying now means we avoid the permit fee and I assume class fee simply to purchase our next firearm. Despite the vast majority of us all having a CHL and being well trained on firearms, liability and proper storage. Beyond this, there are MANY firearms in which 10 round mags are not available.. the market has to catch up. Hence why mag purchases were a primary focus with firearms being supplemental.

Lastly: EVERY SINGLE TIME a permit system is enacted an AWB rapidly follows. Every single state that has started with permits and registries has done this. Id honestly look up those states and see just why folks are out buying what they can. This was a massive win for anti gun folks.. the next 999 cuts will be far far easier to inflict upon the 2a community here in Oregon.

Said respectfully—> Im truly surprised these reasons have not dawned on you my man. I dont mean that in a mean way, Im simply baffled at how you don't see just why there is a massive rush. This law isn't going anywhere for a while. 2A communities know the nature of anti gunners. 114 will only embolden them.. they got this passed, there is no limit to the next anti gun bills now.

In a few months there is going to be something that most firearm enthusiasts wish they would have purchased prior to December 8th.

Equally as bad, something new will come out (M&P Metal) that does not ship with ten rounders, and you cannot have it.

Ask me how I know.

I would also like a charger and 15-22 amongst others.

For some of you it is going to really suck being cut off like this.

Sorrry about the Rant, to the OP,
Say you want a 40 cal, you going to purchase one now with factory 14 rounders included and pick up a couple of extra mags to take to the range?
or
wait and purchase the same firearm with two tens?
This second choice sucks balls :s0113:

Last Edited:
In a few months there is going to be something that most firearm enthusiasts wish they would have purchased prior to December 8th.

Equally as bad, something new will come out (M&P Metal) that does not ship with ten rounders, and you cannot have it.

Ask me how I know.

I would also like a charger and 15-22 amongst others.

For some of you it is going to really suck being cut off like this.
I'm already in discussion with my FFL regarding me abandoning my suppressor.

Go ahead, get a permit and put your name/address on a publicly searchable database. I don't need any more guns, but if this is the last time I can buy without a permit, I'm going to buy as much as I can. I'd rather move out of Oregon then get a permit to buy a gun.
Thats kind of like a road map to the treasure for criminals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top