JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe. For as stacked as they are in boxes, you can actually fit more in the ammo can when they're on strippers. I'm surprised more people don't use them.
True, but some people really want unmolested stock when buying things. I think a lot of lack of buying things is of course related to price, people want a great deal, but also a matter of saturation. A lot of people are "set" or at least they feel they are, and really aren't looking to scoop any more up unless it is at a deal that is too good to pass up.

That was me a few years ago. A Tavor was for sale for something like $1000, it was a damn good price, but with what other expenses I had at the time compared to my income (and what I already had) I couldn't justify it. I had reached my "saturation point."

Why not?

Why not?
Price, the higher end ARs seem to be slow movers.

Why not?
Because the 6.5 Grendel is better? :s0108:

Sorry, couldn't resist . . . ;) Probably because even for all it's virtues it's a niche cartridge and the actual number of members on here that would appreciate it is a pretty low percentage

I drove 80+ miles round trip to sell a SIG 229 I had advertised here. I met the buyer in his home town.

FTF & no shipping doesn't always mean the buyer has to drive an extraordinary distance. I usually meet buyers/sellers halfway or better, depending on the item and how much I want it.

Shipping is not convenient for me and I've only shipped a firearm once. Between handling the payment issues and going to somewhere to ship a gun, I just strongly prefer to not do it that way.

I did recently buy a gun that was shipped to me (went to local FFL) - I still had to 50+ miles round trip.

No matter who is the seller/buyer, I am usually going to have to spend a 1-2 hours driving because I live in the boonies, so if someone won't buy my gun because they have to drive 15-30 minutes to meet at an FFL, too bad so sad.
I am more then willing to ship things yet that does not seem to help with sales, once again I think it is the price point with my items. the majority of my stuff is new .

Why not?
$2400 is more than most people's total monthly living expenses. Even if it was a super d duper thing. That's a lot to plunk down at one time for a lot of people.

Why not?
It's green ( which I love) , not FDE or black.
You're lucky it's not " burnt bronze " , then you'd need a time machine to go back 7 years ago for any chance of a sale.

These are all great points. I'd like to chime in as stated previously, in that niche calibers and guns that cost more than most people's monthly living expenses are a hard thing for most to justify purchasing. Especially in this inflationary climate where many are needing to choose between essentials or toys. It's only going to get worse unfortunately.

I have all of my calibers narrowed down to 6 calibers across all platforms. And several of them share magazines as well. It makes it quite a bit easier and more cost effective to budget buying ammo, guns, and magazines doing it this way. Any firearm that I would consider buying would need to fit the criteria of calibers that I already own and not require me to sell a kidney to purchase.

Last Edited:
These are all great points. I'd like to chime in as stated previously, in that niche calibers and guns that cost more than most people's monthly living expenses are a hard thing for most to justify purchasing. Especially in this inflationary climate where many are needing to choose between essentials or toys. It's only going to get worse unfortunately.

I have all of my calibers narrowed down to 6 calibers across all platforms. And several of them share magazines as well. It makes it quite a bit easier and more cost effective to budget buying ammo, guns, and magazines doing it this way.
I really wish I could follow your example and narrow it down to six calibers, but I just can't do it. Would be like getting rid of my children...

I really wish I could follow your example and narrow it down to six calibers, but I just can't do it. Would be like getting rid of my children...
I believe it! Haha I have wanted a high quality .50 BMG rifle for several years. It's just such a chunk of change and ammo being $3/round is insane too sadly. I make do with what I can budget wise. The ol' bullets and beans mentality has me sitting on a healthy stockpile after consolidating calibers. Definitely not the cheapest hobby these days is it?

1) No pictures and you refuse to post any, stating you'll "text" them to me.

2) Price is too high. If I can't immediately unload it for what I paid for it, it's going to take a lot more prodding to get me to buy.

3) Out of my immediate area.

4) Claiming it's a "custom" gun when it's really just rattle canned to your liking.

5) If it's not in its stock configuration I'm going to wonder about reliability and resale value (within reason).

6) If I know they went for a lot less originally I'm less tempted to buy (yes there are obviously exceptions).

7) If the item shows obvious abuse or neglect (rust is a major turn off).

8) Optics I'm picky about. Even high end scopes lose a large amount of value second hand. Bigger, better longer known/proven brands will sell easier, but if I were to sell an optic I'd expect to take about a 40% to 50% hit realistically.

9) Really high dollar items (over $1500-2000 or more) will be slower to sell used. That's a big chunk of change to drop on any used item imho.

That's a few of the things that keep me from buying.

1) No pictures and you refuse to post any, stating you'll "text" them to me.

2) Price is too high. If I can't immediately unload it for what I paid for it, it's going to take a lot more prodding to get me to buy.

4) Claiming it's a "custom" gun when it's really just rattle canned to your liking.

5) If it's not in its stock configuration I'm going to wonder about reliability and resale value (within reason).

6) If I know they went for a lot less originally I'm less tempted to buy (yes there are obviously exceptions).

7) If the item shows obvious abuse or neglect (rust is a major turn off).

8) Optics I'm picky about. Even high end scopes lose a large amount of value second hand. Bigger, better longer known/proven brands will sell easier, but if I were to sell an optic I'd expect to take about a 40% to 50% hit realistically.

9) Really high dollar items (over $1500-2000 or more) will be slower to sell used. That's a big chunk of change to drop on any used item imho.

That's a few of the things that keep me from buying.
This is a great point:

"2) Price is too high. If I can't immediately unload it for what I paid for it, it's going to take a lot more prodding to get me to buy."

Let's say an item has been hanging around the classifieds for a couple of months and I pay close to asking price for it. What are the chances I can turn around and sell it for anywhere near what I paid for it? Slim to none is a good guess. You may not be buying it with the intention of reselling it but you never know if you will need to or not.

How TF is someone supposed to be in your immediate area when you don't even know where you are?

D8824B94-3D7E-47C6-AE14-455AFA0B307D.jpeg

I have always been able to sell what I list based on a willingness to ship (easy, peasy, lemon squeezy) and be flexible on price.

Regarding shipping, create an online USPS account, order free shipping supplies delivered to your door, purchase postage online or take it to your nearest PO, and ship away! I do always purchase insurance these days, but in hundreds of packages I've shipped, I've only had one lost due to damage from the carriers' ineptitude. Think of how many packages you have received, and you'll realize that shipping is quite reliable!

I recall buying two separate items here at different times for a decent price. I think in both cases the buyer split the shipping.

The problem in both cases, unbeknownst to me and not honestly communicated by the seller, each item had problems. (1) had an out of spec bolt that would not go into battery….the seller said, huh, worked fine for me, so I guess my each of my ARs must be retarded. (2) item never functioned reliable no matter how much brain power and discussion with the factory occured…again, response from seller was, worked fine for me.

I recall buying two separate items here at different times for a decent price. I think in both cases the buyer split the shipping.

The problem in both cases, unbeknownst to me and not honestly communicated by the seller, each item had problems. (1) had an out of spec bolt that would not go into battery….the seller said, huh, worked fine for me, so I guess my each of my ARs must be retarded. (2) item never functioned reliable no matter how much brain power and discussion with the factory occured…again, response from seller was, worked fine for me.
On higher priced items, I tend to ship free....

Last Edited:
It's true & at $80, the Jimenez posted is 20% lower than the average used gun price--plus now that Jimenez has gone bankrupt, these guns may become collector items

What did the Jimenez say to the Taurus? F if I know, they were both underwater in a creek not even making any bubbles.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews