JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just telling my partner that I cant look at anyone under 30 anymore and not assume the worst. The skinny ones are tweekers, the majority are pill poppers and junkies and the clean-cut ones probabky have to register.
I've mostly hung with old farts all my life who've generally been of similar worldview--and considered it high praise when after saying that even with me around knowing that I was way under that line at the time, "you're different, a special case that's EARNED an exception to the rule."

Or when they pay a decent wage for full time work and give at least some benefits?

The Grocery workers get decent pay. My wife has worked at Fred Meyer for almost 20 years in the retail section, they don't pay those employees very well at all. The benefits are decent though since they are union.

Fred Meyer is supposed to start selling Firearms again soon...
This is one of those BLACK FRIDAY ads where they are just trying to get you in the store, never seen a SIG in any Walmart yet.

When did Fred Meyer stop selling firearms? The Sunset Fred Meyer (Cornelius Pass & Hwy 26) has had firearms since it opened.

After the Columbine high school shooting, most all Fred Meyers and many walmarts mostly in urban areas removed firearms counters to only a few years later replace them. Most of the ammo and some firearms used in the columbine shooting were purchased at Walmart.

In the late 50's and into the 60's I would go in the old Portland Hollywood store. They had a gun department in the basement and I would look and dream of all the guns they had. Winchester 94's & 70's, Marlins & Savages all lined in in the gun racks behind the counter. Never bought anything but .22 ammo depending whether FM or the Coast Auto store(now Sam's Billiards) across the street had it the cheapest.

Oh man. I had to sign up for this site just so I could weigh in on this. I live in Seattle, Ballard to be exact, and I think its funny how Seattle wont let a Walmart get build within the city limits because, I heard a city official actually say "we don't want or need that kind of trash in this city, the low life homeless are already scumming up the city bad enough. I wish the military would come in and do a clean sweep through the city and kill them all, seems like the only way to get rid of these rats". Keep in mind, this.was a high ranking Seattle political public figure. he didn't say it to me but I overheard him say it to his assistant. Anyway I'm getting off-topic. But anyway, the Seattle thing is a fact look it up not a Walmart within 3 miles of me. Walmart was a place for many firsts for me. First time I ever saw a muumuu, Walmart. First time I ever saw a whale tail on a fat chick, Walmart. First time I ever saw somebody over 300 lb in full-body spandex, Walmart. The first time I saw sex in public, clearance aisle, Walmart. I hold Walmart very close to my heart even though I never go there anymore because I have a Fred Meyers right down the street
Bought some Mossy Oak and Realtree tee shirts today (cheap) so that I can blend in at Walmart in St Helens,. It is the official dress of the not up and coming people - especially the 300 pounders in spandex, that or pajamas and fuzzy slippers, also camo. My wife will not go out in public with me if I wear them. I see more people in camo and often mismatched camo at Walmart than any other store that I go to. Is it a fashion statement?

Oh man. I had to sign up for this site just so I could weigh in on this. I live in Seattle, Ballard to be exact, and I think its funny how Seattle wont let a Walmart get build within the city limits because, I heard a city official actually say "we don't want or need that kind of trash in this city, the low life homeless are already scumming up the city bad enough. I wish the military would come in and do a clean sweep through the city and kill them all, seems like the only way to get rid of these rats". Keep in mind, this.was a high ranking Seattle political public figure. he didn't say it to me but I overheard him say it to his assistant. Anyway I'm getting off-topic. But anyway, the Seattle thing is a fact look it up not a Walmart within 3 miles of me. Walmart was a place for many firsts for me. First time I ever saw a muumuu, Walmart. First time I ever saw a whale tail on a fat chick, Walmart. First time I ever saw somebody over 300 lb in full-body spandex, Walmart. The first time I saw sex in public, clearance aisle, Walmart. I hold Walmart very close to my heart even though I never go there anymore because I have a Fred Meyers right down the street
LOL, great post. Welcome to NWFA!

The reason I rarely shop there is because they treat customers like dirtbags. Buy something, it's defective, take it back, and they treat you like you broke it yourself.
Like you broke it? Pfft, they treat you like you stole it. I'm pretty sure the last time I set foot in a Wal-Mart I was trying to return a defective electronic device. "Trying" being the operative word here.

Wal Mart never gave me problems when I tried to return something.

Only time they gave me problems was when I was working there. How many times did a garage door slam on my toe? Once a week at Wal Mart! But really, as a cart pusher supervisors hate you and they'll be two faced about it. Some don't, but most do it seems. Management just doesn't care about ya, which is better.

Fred Meyers is removing, or not expanding, gun counters because it's hard to get a competent employee to run background checks and handle firearms to work for 11$ an hour... and their sales for that are pretty much null until it goes on clearance or BlackFriday (they aren't competitive enough on a regular basis).
I blame Kroger, they don't know what to do with a store that does anything more than sell groceries and has a gas station.
I hear that the company is up for sale... I hope somebody local buys it. Someone local might actually know what the company is about.
I've said too much...
Jim! I'M ON FIRST BASE!

Fred Meyers is removing, or not expanding, gun counters because it's hard to get a competent employee to run background checks and handle firearms to work for 11$ an hour... and their sales for that are pretty much null until it goes on clearance or BlackFriday (they aren't competitive enough on a regular basis).
I blame Kroger, they don't know what to do with a store that does anything more than sell groceries and has a gas station.
I hear that the company is up for sale... I hope somebody local buys it. Someone local might actually know what the company is about.
I've said too much...
Jim! I'M ON FIRST BASE!
Not to mention that they've dumped Freddy's better-tasting store-brands for krappy Kroger ones... they don't understand that not everybody likes things to taste the same way as Ohio does. Hell, I'd put the Walbarf "Sam's Choice" line generally tasting better than Brand K...

On Wally World, check their pricing, and for most things, they are just average. The reason I rarely shop there is because they treat customers like dirtbags. Buy something, it's defective, take it back, and they treat you like you broke it yourself.
The people having sex in Walmart - let me guess: they were shagging, and right near an obvious Walmart smiley sign? There's competitions out there for that. Maybe you scorched images into your retinas, but I think you need to get out more. Ballard's kinda toney - try some PDS for yourself up there, in spandex, both of you hiding your junk with a tutu, on the canal side stairs outside Googe's office. :eek:
Or, c'mon down here to Portland and shop at Goodwill or run along Tom McCall park. Way too many things you cannot unsee.
How 'bout the downtown Portland library? I was in there and they were sacrificing a goat.

not really but I hear that library is like in a whole 'nother dimension of human depravity. lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top