JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or when they pay a decent wage for full time work and give at least some benefits?

I know that Walmart provides all employees with decent benefits and I've heard that the wages are decent also. Lots of people knock Walmart because it's founder was a Christian. If that is so offensive to people, then they should just stay away.

As it stands, Freddies is adding more and more gun counters closer and closer in to the heart of Portland. I'm pretty happy about that, and hope that the gun-owners who live near and shop in the Freddies with the counters will at least buy a couple boxes of ammo from them.

It's a fiscal decision, that's for certain. Buy bullets and show the bean counters that firearms add to the bottom line more than certified ultra-organic homeless-employment-project sustainable tofu.

I know that Walmart provides all employees with decent benefits and I've heard that the wages are decent also. Lots of people knock Walmart because it's founder was a Christian. If that is so offensive to people, then they should just stay away.

I hate Wal*Mart because it will one day be the sixth star in the Chinese flag.

I don't like shopping at Walmart mainly because of the types of folks who shop there...........but I do go to my local Wally's for Federal 100rd Bulk boxes of 115gr FMJ 9mm at $19.95 and the Federal 100rd Bulk boxes of 245gr FMJ .45ACP at $29.95. I have not found any other local store or online that beats these prices. Both shoot well in my Sig 938 and Ruger 1911 for range rounds. It is hard to find these in stock at my local Wally, but I have been lucky several times and been able to buy 10 boxes of each at several visits.

Wow, this must be teh dumbest post here I have read so far.

The benefits are garbage. The insurance is outragious and the wages are as low as they can be. The HR area has a table to help people get gubernment benefits. I worked there in LossPrevention for a few years. The whole place is a joke. For the people that work there, and don't know that better things exist, it's truly a shame. The founder being Christian has never come up. Many founders of businesses back in the day were religious and not ashamed of it.

The benefits are garbage. The insurance is outragious and the wages are as low as they can be. The HR area has a table to help people get gubernment benefits. I worked there in LossPrevention for a few years. The whole place is a joke. For the people that work there, and don't know that better things exist, it's truly a shame. The founder being Christian has never come up. Many founders of businesses back in the day were religious and not ashamed of it.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc typically pays its employees -3% below market , same as Publix Super Markets Inc, The Kroger Company, and The Home Depot Inc.

got to laugh at you guys...you sound like my very "fashionable" (a la model type) #3 daughter..."I will never step foot in a Kmart" (this was before Wal-Mart existed and walden was still working for KMart)

Now that she has three teenage boys....where do you think she does most of her clothing shopping???? ;)

I've aways though Freddy's was a rather nice store myself. Don't have one close, but I've been in several.

If Walmart was such a bad place to work, why did you work there for a few years? Did you work there for a few years because they paid someone with your skills and education more than other places? Want more pay? Get some education or skills. Smoking pot and playing video games is not a skill set and you are not special regardless of what your mother told you.

Oregonians are the worst trailer trash I've ever seen but then again I've only lived in 25 states.

Dang guy. Bad mouthing Oregonians in general and showing you live in Portland is like pooping in your own peanut butter sandwich and hoping it's gonna be good. No offense meant to everyone else, but Ronin you are a Richard Noggin'. And with that you go into my ignore list. BTW, you're the only DB in my ignore list.

First I have heard of that..
heard lots of other reasons!!

Wally world is crap, they sell crap, its full of crap. In general its just big ol pile of crap.
I dont shop there, for anything.

They dont have anything that I cant get somewhere more local, even if its used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top