JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You took CHILDREN there and exposed them to that? What kind of MONSTER are you?!

Wide eyed, wet behind the ears, erroneously believing that I'm showing my kids one of the great civic institutions that government can provide, all in the pursuit of "be knowledgeable, think critically, for yourself". They learned all right, that freeloaders may attach themselves to any opportunity the government presents and abuse it. At that time, we were living near MLK and Broadway, where they learned that police are there for mop-up of big crimes while all the while, they could watch prostitution and drug dealing from their bedroom window.
I believe in libraries and access to wide varieties of thinking, the importance of the ability to communicate in writing, and making those thoughts available to the public.

This is about as important as the quality of a Fred Meyer retail experience.... o_O

I believe in libraries and access to wide varieties of thinking, the importance of the ability to communicate in writing, and making those thoughts available to the public.
So do I... for many years I did business out of one, and I thank my local taxpayers for subsidizing my free office-space. :) I was just referring to that specific site in particular...

Thanks for the reminder about libraries. Salem wants a tax rider to "upgrade" ours. I think not, our ballots go out today...
I used Salem Library for 15+ years, and though small, it's pretty good, and last I was there, pretty safe. My kids perform at Loucks Auditorium several times per year.
Still, I usually vote against any tax levy because every time I read them, they are usually ambiguous and IMO support continued fiscal irresponsibility. Given how much property taxes rise every year (Salem and Marion County used to be VERY aggressive with levies), why do they need more money?

I used Salem Library for 15+ years, and though small, it's pretty good, and last I was there, pretty safe. My kids perform at Loucks Auditorium several times per year.
Still, I usually vote against any tax levy because every time I read them, they are usually ambiguous and IMO support continued fiscal irresponsibility. Given how much property taxes rise every year (Salem and Marion County used to be VERY aggressive with levies), why do they need more money?

Yah, it's a vague notion about upgrading it to earthquake standards...that would surely go over whatever it is they are asking for bond.

If it were something as for upgrading content or programs, we might consider backing it.

Few years back I was in Walmart, around 10:30-11pm time. Almost no one in the store. I'm alone in a isle back by arts and crafts looking for some velcro. This woman in a white tank top comes down the isle and stand uncomfortably close to me, like we were together. We stand there for a second, I not paying her any mind, then suddenly she reaches down the top of her tank top and flops out a breast. I turn to look at her and she says "its dinner time". I have no words, other than "uhhhhhh, ok?". Then from out of nowhere she swings this baby around in her other arm to breastfeed. Now, I don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public, but c'mon, its friggin weird to get in a stranger's bubble to start.

Fred Meyer, should be willing to price match any local competitors and last I knew, they were able to bring in any rifle through their catalogue. They do still sell in Alaska and have access to most firearms.

Not as convenient, but my understanding is that most of their stores are in developed urban areas and after a few thefts they decided to limit their gun counters.

Yes, Fred Meyers will price match if you have printed physical proof of the price and the company with that priced item has them in stock. The exception is for member exclusive stores, like Costco, which are not applicable to price match.

Kroger does not really offer a catalog, but if it is something any Fred Meyers carries , it can be transferred to a store near you. Tho you might need to get a gun transferred to a store with a gun counter so they can run a BGC.

Fred Meyers brand was definitely better than Kroger brand. The milk and some dairy is still FM brand, and you can't find a better sale in town.

Fred is rolling over in his grave the way Kroger is running things...
At least he could say FM is still better than Walmart. ;)

I wish they'd go back to mostly Private Selection deli meats, rather than All Boar's Head All The Time... if for no other reason than so my mother will quit b*tching about BH turkey and how "the sandwiches don't taste as good as they used to."

What's with all of the Camo wear around lately?
Are we at war?:eek:
Do I need to get out more? o_O

I don't think it's any cheaper than real cloths..:confused:

Yes, you need to get out more... into the woods!!! :rolleyes: I stopped at WalEWorld on the way back from elk camp to purchase some possum grits and Rocky Mountain Oysters. You saying that's a fashion foopah?

Perhaps you haven't noticed that we are 3 months deep into fall hunting seasons.

Few years back I was in Walmart, around 10:30-11pm time. Almost no one in the store. I'm alone in a isle back by arts and crafts looking for some velcro. This woman in a white tank top comes down the isle and stand uncomfortably close to me, like we were together. We stand there for a second, I not paying her any mind, then suddenly she reaches down the top of her tank top and flops out a breast. I turn to look at her and she says "its dinner time". I have no words, other than "uhhhhhh, ok?". Then from out of nowhere she swings this baby around in her other arm to breastfeed. Now, I don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public, but c'mon, its friggin weird to get in a stranger's bubble to start.

I agree, IT'S TORTURE!!!
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Wow, A five year old thread!
You mean "Kroger's", since little of Fred remains.
So too with me, I rarely go there any more as they have eliminated nearly all the brands I'm comfortable with.
When you eat something for seven decades, Kroger's rendition falls severely short.

I agree, IT'S TORTURE!!!
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Years ago, during my backpacking days, the wife and I and another couple were way up into one of the high lakes of the Elkhorn Mountains. I kept noticing a gal with some kids sporting around in the water on the far end of the lake. In the afternoon the gal and her somewhat 5 year old boy come to visit. I don't remember the gals name but near the end of our chat she flops out a very nice looking breast and says her boy wants to feed. Awkward!!!! Well ok, I pretended not to look. But how could one not goggle at a five year old boy nursing. Later we all had a good chuckle saying that we could just see her with him at age 25 saying "Oh, he wants to nurse"!!!o_O:D:D:D:D

Years ago, during my backpacking days, the wife and I and another couple were way up into one of the high lakes of the Elkhorn Mountains. I kept noticing a gal with some kids sporting around in the water on the far end of the lake. In the afternoon the gal and her somewhat 5 year old boy come to visit. I don't remember the gals name but near the end of our chat she flops out a very nice looking breast and says her boy wants to feed. Awkward!!!! Well ok, I pretended not to look. But how could one not goggle at a five year old boy nursing. Later we all had a good chuckle saying that we could just see her with him at age 25 saying "Oh, he wants to nurse"!!!o_O:D:D:D:D

I'll bet the wife's elbow would be worth it to have a decent gander (a longggggg meaningful stare) at er teat.:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top