JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Few years back I was in Walmart, around 10:30-11pm time. Almost no one in the store. I'm alone in a isle back by arts and crafts looking for some velcro. This woman in a white tank top comes down the isle and stand uncomfortably close to me, like we were together. We stand there for a second, I not paying her any mind, then suddenly she reaches down the top of her tank top and flops out a breast. I turn to look at her and she says "its dinner time". I have no words, other than "uhhhhhh, ok?". Then from out of nowhere she swings this baby around in her other arm to breastfeed. Now, I don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public, but c'mon, its friggin weird to get in a stranger's bubble to start.

And you were disappointed because you thought she meant it was your "dinner time"?:p:D

Ray

Not that I helped much, but BOY HAS THIS POST DEGENERATED!!! For those that think I have something against camo, it is the new black at Walmart. Hunting, yes, shopping, no - unless you are at Cabelas trying to match your jacket to a new pair of pants.

We stand there for a second, I not paying her any mind, then suddenly she reaches down the top of her tank top and flops out a breast. I turn to look at her and she says "its dinner time". I have no words, other than "uhhhhhh, ok?". Then from out of nowhere she swings this baby around in her other arm to breastfeed. Now, I don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public, but c'mon, its friggin weird to get in a stranger's bubble to start.

WELL, was she good looking?

The Grocery workers get decent pay. My wife has worked at Fred Meyer for almost 20 years in the retail section, they don't pay those employees very well at all. The benefits are decent though since they are union.

When did Fred Meyer stop selling firearms? The Sunset Fred Meyer (Cornelius Pass & Hwy 26) has had firearms since it opened.

The Fredie's here had never sold guns at all. Did have ammo since I moved back in 92. I had no idea any of them did till I was in Puyallup one day. Had to stop for something on the way home. When I walked in I saw a Ruger banner in the back. So I of course had to see why. I was shocked to see a gun counter with Black Rifles and had guns. When I mentioned it at work a co worker said oh yeah, they have always had them there and at a couple others. I just had no idea since the 2 here never had.
Now as for wages at ANY store this always makes me smile. People complain about the pay at some store where they shop. Don't like the wages? Don't shop there. As for the workers. No one put a gun to their head to work there. Don't like the wages? Get another job. Can't make more money? Get more education. There is all the money anyone needs or wants if they want to work for it. Many of course want to make 100K a year and know nothing or do nothing.

Abbott & Costello were amazing... I still have a lot of their videos bookmarked. Just have to dig to find em. o_O

Edit: And it was Who's on First that got me into their comedy!

The story of how those two did that was amazing. First time was live radio back when it was still done live. Producer gave them a script. They waited till the show went live and went with that skit. Producer was LIVID but could do nothing as show was going out live. As soon as it ended he ran in to fire them. Only problem was the switchboard at the station was melting down. People LOVED it. Sadly the guys soon grew to hate each other as soon as they got fame. It was what killed the shows.

....As for the workers. No one put a gun to their head to work there. Don't like the wages? Get another job.
Been telling the wife that for 10+ years. I make plenty so it's not a huge deal. The benefits at Freddy's (if it's a union store) are decent and she gets discounts on stuff so it partially makes it worth staying. Basically she just has worked there for so long she is scared to move somewhere else and puts up with a lot of crap from that company because of it.

I wouldn't stay if it were me.

Been telling the wife that for 10+ years. I make plenty so it's not a huge deal. The benefits at Freddy's (if it's a union store) are decent and she gets discounts on stuff so it partially makes it worth staying. Basically she just has worked there for so long she is scared to move somewhere else and puts up with a lot of crap from that company because of it.

I wouldn't stay if it were me.
This is fairly common. People get comfortable where they are and moving is scary. I have stayed at several jobs for the same reason. Of course I did not complain about what they paid as I know it's my choice. Now I am old enough that I am basically coasting. I often tell those half my age or less to get an education. No better time to do so than while you are working. Is it easy ? Of course not. Is it worth it long run? hell yes. Even at our age my Wife is back in College taking a class. She was hesitant at first. I was all in for her. Told her cost was something we could easily afford and what she is working towards is something that could make a great part time job. She could now take her SS if she wanted. If she put in papers now she could still make something like 20K a year on top of it. Only problem is health insurance, BIG deal at our age. I told her simple. If she finishes and likes this course, she can quit, go to work in it for the amount allowed and I can put her on my insurance . Getting more education and or training in a field that has work is always a good idea. Many just don't want to.

Few years back I was in Walmart, around 10:30-11pm time. Almost no one in the store. I'm alone in a isle back by arts and crafts looking for some velcro. This woman in a white tank top comes down the isle and stand uncomfortably close to me, like we were together. We stand there for a second, I not paying her any mind, then suddenly she reaches down the top of her tank top and flops out a breast. I turn to look at her and she says "its dinner time". I have no words, other than "uhhhhhh, ok?". Then from out of nowhere she swings this baby around in her other arm to breastfeed. Now, I don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public, but c'mon, its friggin weird to get in a stranger's bubble to start.
A good buddy of mine would have no compunction pulling out his tripod and saying to the woman, "when you're done I'm ready to feed you."
This post would then be aptly titled, "Tales of Walmart sucks." ♿

Agreed. I put 3 years in in my teens and that was enough to last the rest of my life.
Didn't even need to work it... just ONE HOUR in Walbarf (which it's never just one with Tuchus Giganticus, since she insists on rolling a scooter up and down EVERY DAMN AISLE) or any other local Retail Hell Dimension is traumatic enough that afterwardI'm shot for the rest of the day, AND the day after.

I really need to make time for more Group Therapy sessions...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top