JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't love a glock but they are certainly viable. Purists might prefer a clean breaking zero over-travel SA Colt/Browning and then of course there are those same sames carried and cut their teeth on DA only Smith revolvers and laugh at that easy/lame/any old trigger. Hey, leave them uneducated souls alone.

#1 you have to recall the handguns in existence when Glock was introduced; they were heavy, expensive, and in many cases very hard to find. The ergonomics mostly sucked especially in the case of double stacks plus they rustedo_O
Every major Mfg now has a copy of the Glock, some have had their bubblegum sued as a result

Glock oh Glock I love you so.
Your tougher than my meanest hoe.

Against the Man, against my Brother
You won't break down. Your one tuff mother!

Around the hood they know your tops.
With all the Bangers, and the Cops.

Your worth the drugs I sold to buy
I'll love you even when I die!

I'm sorry. But after reading this I can no longer support Glock ownership.:s0002:

I've had three glocks over the years, gen3 19, gen4 19, and a gen4 17, both 19's ejected brass to the left and onto my head, gun shop said the gun grease was slowing down the slide, don't know where he came up with that one, got rid of both, had the 17 for a bit, it was nice, but got rid of it a year later, they are great guns but there are lots of great guns out there, replaced them with an hk p2000, an hk p30sk and an hk vp9 and don't regret it one bit, p2000 has 15k rounds through it and is still shooting great, just gotta put more through the other two. next purchase will be an sti in 9mm

Cost effective. Reliable. Simple. Light weight. Feels good in my hand. I like the factory sights. Damn near unbreakable. Few FTFs in my experience compared to anything else; especially Springfield XDS' and Beretta's. Modern look - which I prefer. I love 'em. Can't beat 'em.

Actually grease does slow them down due to the viscosity. Grease is made to lube surface under pressure and force like wheel bearings and tie rods. Oil is use for surfaces that rapid moves against another like a connecting rod and crake shaft.
Yeah, I know, but it was so minimal he couldn't even tell what it was, he asked and I told him, did the same thing to the hk to see if it would do it, it didn't

The Glock is the AK-47 of the handgun world. They don't jam, have a minimum of moving parts, accessories are everywhere and the most important part; they work every time you press the Boom Switch.

I have shot thousands of rounds through them and have yet to see one break or fail. Maybe they do; but I have never heard or seen it happen.

I like that they are reliable and accurate. I also like that I can easily swap calibers with just a barrel and maybe a magazine or spring swap. Even converted, they are just as reliable, just as accurate. It's like owning more than one gun. It took a little getting used to the feel/grip, but once I did, I was hooked. I don't own a Glock for style, but as a dependable self-defense weapon, it's hard to beat the value.

Glocks are fine hanguns. I don't love them but I appreciate them and the role they fill.

Glock people on the other hand that act like nothing comes out of the barrel of any other gun, and talk about how cost effective they are, then in the next breath talk about all the aftermarket crap they can get and talk about how in SHTF parts will be everywhere but the will never need them because they are so reliable are annoying as bubblegum.

Simple, One good guy with a glock=no bad guys to live and tell about it! I'm old enough to remember when the fancy fangled plastic fantastic cam out and every one (especially the Gunroom) had bad things to say about it. like any thing new, it takes time to work the bugs and make a better fighting tool then what was out there! It took many years in the armed forces using Beretta M9's before we could really trust our lives to a Glock. In time however, we made the switch and didn't have any regrets! Even though I know Glocks Rock, I still carry a 1911 double stack 10mm! More is always better. 16+1 of 10mm = more dead bad guys! Compact Glock for back up! As far as reliability goes, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Treat it right and it will save your life the one time it has to! For all the 1911 Haters out there, the military doesn't issue junk to us at the pointy end! They signed an agreement with COLT to supply M1911 pistols to the troops for the infinite foreseeable future, making the COLT 1911 the longest serving fighting handgun in world history! 103 years proven tough and still going stronger then ever! See if any other can come close to that record!:cool:

199c358f8af797573a7a99caba788a23.jpg

Probably the same reason grown men drive hondas, they don't know any better. :)

Don't get me wrong, a Honda is a great car.... for a woman.

Just for the record no plastic other than the follower on my 92. Well the one in my avitar anyway:mad: Although it does cost 3 glocks, I don't have 3 hands. And I can't shoot akimbo anyway:(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads