JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
rnt
OK fan boys. With the thread of "Why do some people hate glocks so much? I figured it was time for the LOVE thread. So put down your cool-aid sippy cups and bring it on!
Mike

Love the Glocks because they are dishwasher safe. All black goes with everything in my wardrobe. They are good listeners when I have a bad day. Hanging out with them makes me feel prettier.
Because inbreeding, bruzer. Pray tell otherwise.
And the thread title is disparate from your initial curntling.. anyway. wtfff

Shooting with some friends several years ago, I had the welcome opportunity to blast through a full coffee can of 9mm ball in a Beretta, Sig and Glock. Perhaps it was due to some articles I'd been reading, I don't know. But I remember wanting to like the Sig best.

Not so! In my hands, the Sig and Glock were a dead tie. (Nothing wrong with the Beretta, BTW, just not the one for me at the time.)

What has prevented me thus far from getting a Glock is the way I carry and conceal weapons in my everyday activities.

If I wore an external holster all day, at work or something, that would be fine. But I don't. For groping to fish it out of backpacks, boating wet bags, glove boxes, etc., I'm not comfy with the Glock "safety," which seems a lot to me like a trigger with a trigger on it. I've always thought that's like putting a gas pedal on a gas pedal and calling it a "parking brake."

Last Edited:
Shooting with some friends several years ago, I had the welcome opportunity to blast through a full coffee can of 9mm ball in a Beretta, Sig and Glock. Perhaps it was due to some articles I'd been reading, I don't know. But I remember wanting to like the Sig best.

Not so! In my hands, the Sig and Glock were a dead tie. (Nothing wrong with the Beretta, BTW, just not the one for me at the time.)

What has prevented me thus far from getting a Glock is the way I carry and conceal weapons in my everyday activities.

If I wore an external holster all day, at work or something, that would be fine. But I don't. For groping to fish it out of backpacks, boating wet bags, glove boxes, etc., I'm not comfy with the Glock "safety," which seems a lot to me like a trigger with a trigger on it. I've always thought that's like putting a gas pedal on a gas pedal and calling it a "parking brake."

You have to understand the striker mechanism. Unlike hammer fired pistols, striker fired guns dont live in a state of being "cocked". The pull of the trigger cocks and releases the striker. Its somewhat like double action but with a shorter stroke. If you feel okay carrying a decocked Sig with a round in the chamber, why not a striker fired gun?

For groping to fish it out of backpacks, boating wet bags, glove boxes, etc., I'm not comfy with the Glock "safety," which seems a lot to me like a trigger with a trigger on it. I've always thought that's like putting a gas pedal on a gas pedal and calling it a "parking brake."

Well, that's an interesting though. I like the parking brake comment. Never thought of it that way, but I can't disagree.
Sometimes I carry a Shield in a backpack. I keep it in my normal holster, but it doesn't always stay put. Just another reason why I don't mind the thumb safety. That, and I'm a 1911 guy.

I do have one Glock. There is some sentimental value to this one. Imagine that! It's a good shooter and if I'd decided on the 40 cal instead of the 45, way back when, I'd have likely bought one over the 1911. I was after a 45 and the Glock felt like gripping a 2x4. The 1911 didn't.

Who brought this thread back up there are ten threads about the glock and 1911 or the glock and the Beretta or the glock and @$%&+ and @%++? s0013.gif look everyone I found a dead horse let's beat it some more

I wasnt a big glock fan until I discovered the insane addons and mods that are there for them. They become quite a modified and awesome pistol kind of like our AR15 with all the parts and innovation thats out there for them now.

Zev Tech is one the latest crazes

I wasnt a big glock fan until I discovered the insane addons and mods that are there for them. They become quite a modified and awesome pistol kind of like our AR15 with all the parts and innovation thats out there for them now.

Zev Tech is one the latest crazes
I have got Zev Tech trigger IN mine love it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews