JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This question caught my eye. First off, I'm not a fan of polymer guns. I just like metal; hard to describe why. I own a Ruger LCP and I chock that up to it being tiny and lightweight and reliable. But I bought an Oly Arms 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags and figured I needed a Glock to go with it, so I got a G17. I didn't want to like it... but I do. It doesn't fit my hand tremendously well, the trigger feels odd to me, but it is a fun gun to shoot. In fact I liked it so much I bought another one to "trick out" a bit. And might get a G19 sometime.

So as much as I didn't want to like the Glock, it grew on me. Not sure why, and I still prefer to shoot my CZ or Sig 9mm, but I do like the G17 for some odd reason. Maybe because it is just so utilitarian.

You aren't supposed to limp-wrist any hand gun, especially not an auto.

Some are worse then others. Haven't noticed it with the Glock. The worst gun I have for it is a Beretta 92 but I just got a new recoil spring for it and will see if that helps. Second worst is a Sig P220 .45ACP. Again, going to try a different recoil spring. Both cases were when new shooters (one a small female) were shooting the gun. And to the point, she liked shooting the Glock 17 most of all.

Just funny on a Glock torture test, some guns are more susceptable to "limp wristing" than others.

I don't think you'll find many people complaining about the reliability of a Glock to go bang. What that guy did to that Glock was horrible. In fact all of those vids were horrible treatment for any gun.

They go bang reliably, and are cheap and easy to maintain. Armorers practically give parts away.

Those who don't have one have no clue, and make astoundingly ridiculous pronouncements based on inexperience. Really? Yes, really. (I guess it is the nature of Internet boards and forums.)

My 1911 is a testament to astounding 19th-early 20th century innovation, engineering, and design; yet the pistol is overwhelmingly archaic and somewhat persnickety. Still rather carry Tupperware, though.

I've owned a Glock 40 (23 and 27) in some form or fashion for 20 years and it's been my primary carry gun during that time. Last year I went to a Walther PPS 40 and absolutely love it (does that release me from being a fan boy?) although I do miss the capacity. I just don't understand the Glock bashing. In well over 10k rounds with the Glock I can count on two hands the number of jams (FTF/FTE) I've had and they're all attributable to either me (poor quality reloads) or an after market barrel. I honestly don't recall a problem with the Glock when I've done my part. Parts are plentiful and affordable, conversion barrels (9mm) make it a very flexible platform, it's accurate and it starts even on the coldest of mornings.

Simple, One good guy with a glock=no bad guys to live and tell about it! I'm old enough to remember when the fancy fangled plastic fantastic cam out and every one (especially the Gunroom) had bad things to say about it. like any thing new, it takes time to work the bugs and make a better fighting tool then what was out there! It took many years in the armed forces using Beretta M9's before we could really trust our lives to a Glock. In time however, we made the switch and didn't have any regrets! Even though I know Glocks Rock, I still carry a 1911 double stack 10mm! More is always better. 16+1 of 10mm = more dead bad guys! Compact Glock for back up! As far as reliability goes, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Treat it right and it will save your life the one time it has to! For all the 1911 Haters out there, the military doesn't issue junk to us at the pointy end! They signed an agreement with COLT to supply M1911 pistols to the troops for the infinite foreseeable future, making the COLT 1911 the longest serving fighting handgun in world history! 103 years proven tough and still going stronger then ever! See if any other can come close to that record!:cool:

Only when people run out of other things to talk about ;)

Like AR vs AK. When both are great!

And 9mm vs .45 When both are great!
And can't even be owned in many countries because they are military calibers.

So to me figuring out why some don't like Glocks. Is like trying to understand why some people don't like Ice Cream?

Millions do! Bit some just don't.

Glocktose intolerant I guess? :D

Last Edited:
Like AR vs AK. Then both are great!

And 9mm vs .45 when both are great!
And can't even be owned in many countries because they are military calibers.

So to me figuring out why some don't like Glocks. Is like trying to understand why some people don't like Ice Cream?

Millions do! Bit some just don't.

Glocktose intolerant I guess? :D

Hey! What do you have against .40SW? You didn't even mention it, so obviously you're a hater! Shame, shame :s0115:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top