JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going to go for the dead horse emoji but I've seen it already.

Here's my take: In popular culture, the name "Glock" has become almost synonymous with handgun (like Kleenex). TV and novels use it as short-hand to make the author more authentic because they know the lingo. I read a book a couple years ago, where the hero "pulled back the hammer on his Glock." That I would like to see.

As new shooters enter the market, Glock is a well known brand so there is some comfort in getting something they've heard of. My first handgun class was at a range that lent us guns to try. They ran out of Glocks because almost everyone wanted to try them. Out of fifteen participants, me and one other guy where the only ones interested in revolvers.

Even among striker-fired, polymer enthusiasts, there seems to be a stigma. If you want to see some Glock debate, go to the XD forums and look for the "why I traded my Glock" threads.

Every time I shoot with my Glock-owning buddies, we trade guns for a mag load. They love my XDm and I dig their 19s. But do we go and buy the other gun? Nope. Variety is the spice of life but in the end, you go with what you know.

This is probably too serious a response for page 9. Probably should have just LOL'ed the whopper comment above.

After researching the HK VP-9. Thinking about the new CZ P10 C.. several trips to the gun store to hold the HK. Hours of YouTube videos.

I bought another Glock 19

Not saying it's better. But after all my research.. g-19. Lol

Glocks just look attractive to me. Simple and durable.

How a gun, any gun works can slant a persons perspective. While back there was a thread on "ugly guns". I put up a pic of what I think of as my best candidate. A Ruger P-89. I originally only bought it because the mag ban was going to happen and I wanted one double stack. Thought it extremely ugly to me. Over the years of shooting it now and then finding it worked even with dirt cheap, poorly made mags and all ammo it started to look better. As time went on it started to almost look pretty to me. :D
A gun that fits someone well and works well will of course to them start to look like a thing of beauty.

"If its from Mattel , it must be swell" as they used to say ...:eek::D
Just kidding.
I do not like the look or feel of polymer firearms ... But to each his own.
Can you use the gun you like , safely and effectively are my two bigger concerns
Andy

I've never been a Glock fan. I have had a few over the years and always traded them off. When they came out with the MOS and the G40, I decided I wanted one since I'm big on the 10mm. I like the gun with the Deltapoint on it. I like it a lot as it has less felt recoil than my Sig or Kimber 10mm. I also just put together a polymer80 G19 and really like the way it feels.

. If you feel okay carrying a decocked Sig with a round in the chamber, why not a striker fired gun?

To me the longer 10lb trigger first pull on the Sigs is safer than a shorter pull 5 lb trigger on the Stryker pistols.

I can bounce the weight of my da sa Sigs off my trigger finger and they won't cycle the trigger. Even w a 20 round mag. Empty chamber of course. Takes a very intentional pull. Safety off ? Hammer locked.

I know I'm not telling you anything new. Just my perspective.

To me the longer 10lb trigger first pull on the Sigs is safer than a shorter pull 5 lb trigger on the Stryker pistols.

I can bounce the weight of my da sa Sigs off my trigger finger and they won't cycle the trigger. Even w a 20 round mag. Empty chamber of course. Takes a very intentional pull. Safety off ? Hammer locked.

I know I'm not telling you anything new. Just my perspective.

Its all about personal comfort and perspective :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top