JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey! What do you have against .40SW? You didn't even mention it, so obviously you're a hater! Shame, shame :s0115:

I already talked too much about 40S&W in another thread. :D

It's my favorite.
I really liked the Idea of the .41 AE [10.4mm with a rebated 9mm rim] back in the 80's. And was sad it flopped.
When Glock came out with there .40 auto [They wouldn't put S&W on there guns] it was a match made in heaven!

Buy that time. I was behind the Glock platform.

So I will always have a Glock in .40 :s0155:

I think Glock owners love their Glocks cause it reminds them of the plastic firearms they had as kids and went bang bang with. Don't get me wrong I think Glocks are fine for people that wanta firearm made from the same material as pepsi bottle. ( let the hate mail begin lol ;):confused::rolleyes: )

I think Glock owners love their Glocks cause it reminds them of the plastic firearms they had as kids and went bang bang with. Don't get me wrong I think Glocks are fine for people that wanta firearm made from the same material as pepsi bottle. ( let the hate mail begin lol ;):confused::rolleyes: )

Hate. Hate. Hate. There, I said it :rolleyes:

Actually, when I was kid, most of my toy guns were made of metal. Different times, I guess ;)

And, I'll have you know, my Pepsi bottle guns do just fine, thank you very much :s0017:

Hate. Hate. Hate. There, I said it :rolleyes:
Actually, when I was kid, most of my toy guns were made of metal. Different times, I guess ;)
And, I'll have you know, my Pepsi bottle guns do just fine, thank you very much :s0017:

I guess it was a different time, we didn't play with toy guns we went out in the field and hunted jackrabbits and Ground squirrels with real guns hehe.
Seriously I know Glocks are pretty good I have shot many and no issues. But dang someone put in a forum with a 80+ guy population and say " love " guns well I couldn't stop my self from bringing out my side arm of smart-arse lol. And to be honest I am coming over to the Dark side as I have my eye one one :(:p.
( was to much dark stuff on the forum today and the internet thought id lighten it up a bit)

I guess it was a different time, we didn't play with toy guns we went out in the field and hunted jackrabbits and Ground squirrels with real guns hehe.
Seriously I know Glocks are pretty good I have shot many and no issues. But dang someone put in a forum with a 80+ guy population and say " love " guns well I couldn't stop my self from bringing out my side arm of smart-arse lol. And to be honest I am coming over to the Dark side as I have my eye one one :(:p.
( was to much dark stuff on the forum today and the internet thought id lighten it up a bit)

That's exactly how I took it, just having some fun ;)

For the record, Glock was the first commercially viable "new" design to come out at the time. Back then ( way back then) things were still being built by hand and taking a long time to build! Colt still builds the M1911 the same way they always have, and it takes TWO WEEKS to turn one out, one at a time! Beretta had made in roads in C.N.C. machining to cut down on build times! It was Glock who took it to the next level and started molding non critical parts in "Plastic" and only minor C.N.C. machining needed to turn out consistent reliable working fire arms! Think about this, Colt takes 2 weeks to build by hand, one 1911 at a time. Beretta takes 48 hours to do the same thing with the M9/92 That time and labor has to be accounted for, that's why you see a 1911 for a grand, a M9 for $$600 and a glock for $400!!! A GLock is not better then these other two, its just simple and cheep to build. I does the same thing the others do, and is reliable enough for the job at hand! Nothing more, Nothing less!

For the record, Glock was the first commercially viable "new" design to come out at the time. Back then ( way back then) things were still being built by hand and taking a long time to build! Colt still builds the M1911 the same way they always have, and it takes TWO WEEKS to turn one out, one at a time! Beretta had made in roads in C.N.C. machining to cut down on build times! It was Glock who took it to the next level and started molding non critical parts in "Plastic" and only minor C.N.C. machining needed to turn out consistent reliable working fire arms! Think about this, Colt takes 2 weeks to build by hand, one 1911 at a time. Beretta takes 48 hours to do the same thing with the M9/92 That time and labor has to be accounted for, that's why you see a 1911 for a grand, a M9 for $$600 and a glock for $400!!! A GLock is not better then these other two, its just simple and cheep to build. I does the same thing the others do, and is reliable enough for the job at hand! Nothing more, Nothing less!

Glock was not the first to take it to the next level with ''Plastic''
The polymer HK vp70 came 12 years before the Glock.
And never caught on.

Polymer has advantages and shortcomings metal doesn't.
Glock got the balance right. And People were able to accept it. [Well most people]:D

Now almost all the other manufactures use plastic.
It's even used in 1911 style gun. [That's right John Browning, roll over]

I think Glock did many things right to become so popular.
The fact it's inexpensive. And more than just ''reliable enough'' are a couple of those things.
They are the gun [Polymer or not] all others are chasing.

It's just cofounding to many. How a plastic, ugly gun could work so well? And cost so little!

Glock was not the first to take it to the next level with ''Plastic''
The polymer HK vp70 came 12 years before the Glock.
And never caught on.

Polymer has advantages and shortcomings metal doesn't.
Glock got the balance right. And People were able to accept it. [Well most people]:D

Now almost all the other manufactures use plastic.
It's even used in 1911 style gun. [That's right John Browning, roll over]

I think Glock did many things right to become so popular.
The fact it's inexpensive. And more than just ''reliable enough'' are a couple of those things.
They are the gun [Polymer or not] all others are chasing.

It's just cofounding to many. How a plastic, ugly gun could work so well? And cost so little!

I will be getting one first Glock I actually owned, but my Sigs told me I cant put the Glock in the same gun safe as its in. Something about a Metal lives matter they wrote me.
The key part about a Glock I like so far is weight when I compare it to my P229 loaded it does make a difference. But I know Sigs well so I will be meeting with the Glocks lawyers to see if we can setup visiting arrangements.

I will be getting one first Glock I actually owned, but my Sigs told me I cant put the Glock in the same gun safe as its in. Something about a Metal lives matter they wrote me.
The key part about a Glock I like so far is weight when I compare it to my P229 loaded it does make a difference. But I know Sigs well so I will be meeting with the Glocks lawyers to see if we can setup visiting arrangements.

Just remind your sig 229 that he has many polymer half brothers. ;)

It would be difficult for Sig to advise people to avoid plastic guns. When they have several in there line up?:rolleyes:

I like my Glock 19 Gen 4, in order of importance, because:
  1. It is a proven and reliable pistol. It shoots very well for me and I've never had a problem with it so far.
  2. There are millions of them out there, which enhances the longevity in a SHTF or confiscation scenario.
  3. It is customizable.
  4. Affordable.

@Ura-Ki,
I coulda swore the Browning/Sig BDA .45 came before the Glock.. "modern" yes, plastic, no.
And Medic, good call on that crazy VP90-Z or whatever.. shoulder stock polygonal machinegun goodness too!

I like the trigger.
I like the tough slide finish.
I like the simplicity, this touches on take down, manual of operation and holsters. Its just a block.
I also like that there are nearly more after market parts for a glock than a 1911, and thats saying something.

I like the fact that subcomp & compact models can utilize full sized magazines..

They are great pistols and come in a variety of calibers, and lastly they are affordable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top