JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a post about something fun.

REALLY like my new Glock 30 and ... WOW, can it shoot.

Bought it last week from Keith's in Gresham. I had a GSSF Blue Label coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Since I sold my G21 I didn't have a Glock in 45 ACP. I mean … come on! Gotta have a Glock in 45.

Stripped it, applied THE 7-drops of oil, slapped it back together and took it to the range the next day.

Put 100 rounds of my reloads through it at 15 yards. Nothing as hot as factory, but not a milk-toast load either.

First 70 rounds got me dialed into the standard, polymer sights - which were nicely tuned right out of the box.

The last 30 rounds were fired in 10-shot groups (1 group per 10-round mag) at a 1-sec per shot tempo. The results are shown below in the photo. The middle bulls-eye (#3) shows my last 10 rounds. I surprised even myself - and I am a pretty decent shot at that distance, even with my older eyes. (Grip is everything!)

Just too damn proud of that last group not to crow a little about it.

Cheers.

IMG_2592.jpeg

I got a Gen4 and it is a lovely little chink. The Kriss vector mag extenders for the 13 rounders and a x-grip adaptor (modified) look really good in the G30.
I have a double diamond threaded barrel, for my hybrid 46 suppressor. I believe the extender turns the 13 rounders into 30.

There is something deeply satisfying about shooting a Glock well. Maybe the trigger and the grip. There is nothing else like it.
Really?

Keep practicing... if you think you need to. Nice shooting!

I don't always shoot .45 ACP... but when I do...it's hammer fired!

One of my co workers has a G30 and likes it very much. I personally only have my G41 for a .45 ACP Glock model. I'd get a G30S to compliment my G41 just because of similarities. I had a G29 SF in 10mm at one point, but sold it to get my blue label G20 gen 4 10mm. I'm always amazed at how controllable the compact big bore Glocks are. The G36 is interesting, but the single stack setup would prevent the use of my G41 mags aka G21 mags.

Had a Glock 30 at one point.
While it was completely reliable and accurate, it was also just too chunky and top-heavy. Didn't carry well in a owb leather holster. A government model 1911 (also in a proper leather holster) carried much better.
So eventually I traded it + cash for a 30S. What a difference a thinner slide and barrel makes!
One thing good about the Glock 30: Running stock, it had every bit of mechanical accuracy as my Glock 41 with an extended match barrel.
The 30S is just typical glock accuracy. Not great, not bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top