JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An Ithica nonetheless...

:mad:

My jealous face....

One day... You mark my words, one day I will have one as well...

Yeah. My Great-Uncle brought it back with him from the war. He was a flak gun mechanic and carried it daily. When he passed, my dad got it and then a few years back he gave it to me. I cleaned and oiled it. Then went out to one of my shooting spots, alone, to fire a few rounds and pay my respects to my Great Uncle that served and sacrificed for this country.

It means more to me than anything else I own.

Yeah. My Great-Uncle brought it back with him from the war. He was a flak gun mechanic and carried it daily. When he passed, my dad got it and then a few years back he gave it to me. I cleaned and oiled it. Then went out to one of my shooting spots, alone, to fire a few rounds and pay my respects to my Great Uncle that served and sacrificed for this country.

So much more important that it was actually passed down through the family!

My BIL has an M1 Garand that was passed down through his family. I told him if he ever wants to get rid of it, I'll take it for him, and promise I'll never sell it ;)

Family heirloom and piece of history... That's a great story... Still jealous though... :p

So much more important that it was actually passed down through the family!

My BIL has an M1 Garand that was passed down through his family. I told him if he ever wants to get rid of it, I'll take it for him, and promise I'll never sell it ;)

Mine isn't for sale at any price either, and I've had offers just from posting a pic of it in another thread a while back!

! I got to play with a few of those A-10 guns on the work bench's, surprisingly simple design almost identical with DR. Gatling's original. It was pretty fun having both an F-15 and A-10 Shops close by, and several of us would visit when ever we had down time, and we would pitch in with some of the heavy lifting when needed! We always tried to get a Bikini Car wash photo shoot with a few of these planes, imagine the money a fella could make doing those photo shoots!!!!! What could be hotter then a Bikini babe and a Dirty A-10, Oh wait, My bad, A Dirty Bikini Babe and even dirtier A-10 :):):)

You may still be able to get an M1 Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Last I checked the nice ones were all sold but they still had some lower grade ones. And they should sell off all of the M9s that they're replacing. There's probably some stupid reason they won't, but they should.

Here are a bunch of pictures I took while bummin around the A-10 shop!
hqdefault.jpg
Gau8a_c.jpg
Gau8a_d.jpg
Gau8a_m.jpg
Gau8a_e.jpg
Gau8a_g.jpg
Gau8a_i.jpg
avenger_17.jpg

You may still be able to get an M1 Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Last I checked the nice ones were all sold but they still had some lower grade ones. And they should sell off all of the M9s that they're replacing. There's probably some stupid reason they won't, but they should.

The only ones they've had last time I checked were the really expensive, high-end ones. I'd like a mid-range model, but they are out, for now. I'm hoping Trump will open the doors to bring back all of those 1911's and M1's languishing overseas. There are thousands of them just waiting to come home, no thanks to the likes of Obama :mad:

The only ones they've had last time I checked were the really expensive, high-end ones. I'd like a mid-range model, but they are out, for now. I'm hoping Trump will open the doors to bring back all of those 1911's and M1's languishing overseas. There are thousands of them just waiting to come home, no thanks to the likes of Obama :mad:
LOL, so exactly the opposite of what I thought. :rolleyes:

I heard that the M1s in Korea are pretty beat up (so given my track record today...).

Would it be asking too much to own an A-10, still armed with that sweet gattling gun??? :rolleyes: I'll even pay the tax stamp. You know, just for times when traffic is bad ;)

Big Warthog lover here.

Ditto - if I win the lottery I'll buy one just so I can look at it.

IMO when you separate honorably from the service since you are now a reservist you should be issued a service rifle a reasonable amount of ammo and a safe to keep it in. If the current service rifle changes significantly then yours should be updated or replaced.

IMO when you separate honorably from the service since you are now a reservist you should be issued a service rifle a reasonable amount of ammo and a safe to keep it in. If the current service rifle changes significantly then yours should be updated or replaced.

Isn't that what they do in Switzerland?

Hack the autofocusing from an old DSLR and maybe motorize the elements from a medium format lens to focus for any distance.... they'll be wondering WTF happened to that drone.... no jamming signals, no gunshots....

And lastly give it auto tracking capability:

Apologies to the OP for the thread drift... I'll stay on topic from this point on.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top