JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the very reason I stated above. All it takes to turn an M-14 into a Light Machine Gun is one pin being pushed out a single part removed; turned over and reinstalled. Now it's a Light Machine Gun.

Converting any semi to full auto would be a very simple task for many members here.
The M-14 is not so special.

But you can sleep safe at night, knowing none will.
What's $20,000 for a legal full auto. Compared to 10 years of your life. o_O

Serving in a smallish squadron last century, I used to take an occasional vanload of surplus military gear (like file cabinets, chairs and dot matrix printers) to a warehouse called DRMO. The acres and acres of used equipment I saw there appealed to my inner hoarder. I asked what happens to this stuff and was told it's auctioned off, sometimes in huge lots.

The URBAN LEGEND was that old jeeps were occasionally sold there, too, but only once the frame had been cut in half, excusing the US Govt. from any liability if some dumbshirt flipped one and got maimed. The logic was that welding one back together would be irrefutably the fault of the injured/killed party, leaving Uncle Sam to sleep soundly at night with a clear conscience.

I was not related to the supply chain in any context so I have no idea if this story holds any water. If it does, even a little bit, perhaps some similar aspect of liability might be affixed to the re-sale of weaponry? Where's Rick Harris and his know-it-all buddies when we need them?

Serving in a smallish squadron last century, I used to take an occasional vanload of surplus military gear (like file cabinets, chairs and dot matrix printers) to a warehouse called DRMO. The acres and acres of used equipment I saw there appealed to my inner hoarder. I asked what happens to this stuff and was told it's auctioned off, sometimes in huge lots.

The URBAN LEGEND was that old jeeps were occasionally sold there, too, but only once the frame had been cut in half, excusing the US Govt. from any liability if some dumbshirt flipped one and got maimed. The logic was that welding one back together would be irrefutably the fault of the injured/killed party, leaving Uncle Sam to sleep soundly at night with a clear conscience.

I was not related to the supply chain in any context so I have no idea if this story holds any water. If it does, even a little bit, perhaps some similar aspect of liability might be affixed to the re-sale of weaponry? Where's Rick Harris and his know-it-all buddies when we need them?
Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office. They're responsible for the Gov Liquidation auction sites and for supplying the surplus stores all around the States.. usually they have people separate stuff into specific pallet bins like boots in one bin, socks in other, et cetera. Sometimes one finds great stuff. Usually junk though. Its why some surplus stores have all these big pallet sized bins full of very specific stuff like canteens and canteen covers.. blankets... thermals... uniform pieces.. poncho liners... great example is the Alley Cat surplus store in Boring (or is it now Sgt Gator? I can never remember correctly) as well as Action Surplus down in Eugene.
Most of the very old very beat up surplus uniforms or gear will have an ink stamp saying "salvage DRMO" and usually not worth repairing or using except as rags unless you are after a particular look (that of a homeless vet :rolleyes:)
Oregon does have its own Surplus auction site and a warehouse in Salem near Cherry Avenue I think... you can sometimes find good vehicles for sale but all the vehicles and good stuff are on ebay through their own auction sellers so you're gonna have to compete with dealers and shops for the vehicles.

The M151 Ford vehicles were indeed sold in torched quarters; and complete to other countries.. the Gov said they were never authorized to be sold complete to US Citizens... so theres that risk. The M38A1 Jeeps and M37 Dodge 4x4 vehicles were sold through DRMO auctions back in the 80s according to some collectors. Its also how that guy up in Aurora was able to get the first M880 cargo versions of the Hummvee after they had been "demilitarized" (cut off the turret rings and hard tops)

I'm sure a few of us don't even need a gun to start with to make automatic rifles...
I suppose that's legal, with the right papers...

Just sayin'

Converting any semi to full auto would be a very simple task for many members here.
The M-14 is not so special.

But you can sleep safe at night, knowing none will.
What's $20,000 for a legal full auto. Compared to 10 years of your life. o_O
Well, don't forget the fine attached to 10 years with Big Bob in a cell. Even an AR is easy to convert. And no, I don't mean some BS file down a part to make it unsafe either.

Its just illegal, which is a damn shame. Then again if they were legal, if it was select fire I don't think you'd be allowed to take it hunting then. o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top