JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe some one can school me on this but until recently we had imports from other countries but why are not used military firearms up for sale ?
Why Can't we buy used USA Military Firearms ?

There exist at least in my limited knowledge many very similar firearms in the Military that we buy as civilians. But you would think millions of firearms could help support the National Debt if sold.'
I know the obvious Antis don't want us to have them, but what is the legal cause if any ?
You've answered your own question. The key word is "Similar". As a prime example the M-14 can be converted to an "Automatic Rifle" by simply push out a single pin, turn a part over, reinstall the same pin and NOW you have an "Automatic Rifle" in .308 Winchester. I know I don't want to see things like that on the streets.

Fopa 1986 for why we cant get post 1986 M4s and M16A4s except in parts kits form without lowers. We can acquire tanks and other vehicles.. including THIS leased by the Forest Service (I guess it was given back to US military or some such?)

Usfs-ah1-N107Z-bar_complex_fire.jpeg

Fopa 1986 for why we cant get post 1986 M4s and M16A4s except in parts kits form without lowers.
Funny thing is some people think you can legally own post 86 automatics... One guy I know kept arguing you could just get licenses and you're good to go. Guess he didn't know that you have to actually run a business to have them. :confused:

You've answered your own question. The key word is "Similar". As a prime example the M-14 can be converted to an "Automatic Rifle" by simply push out a single pin, turn a part over, reinstall the same pin and NOW you have an "Automatic Rifle" in .308 Winchester. I know I don't want to see things like that on the streets.

Pictures and video or it's not true ;)

Funny thing is some people think you can legally own post 86 automatics... One guy I know kept arguing you could just get licenses and you're good to go. Guess he didn't know that you have to actually run a business to have them. :confused:

Well he wasn't Technically wrong you just need the correct paperwork. :rolleyes:

Honestly, the guys that kill me are all the ones that want 'pre-ban' semi-autos because they're convinced they can convert them to full auto legal because the firearm itself was manufactured prior to the ban.

As to the OPs question you can buy military surplus firearms that's what the CMP was set up to sell obviously you are limited to non-nfa items which is a shame but that's the rules.

Well he wasn't Technically wrong you just need the correct paperwork. :rolleyes:
Don't work that way. If you aren't running an actual business, and you do manage to get the FFL, it does get revoked. And if you don't have enough "sales" for them to think you're running a business, gets revoked as well. You also don't really own the automatics either, licenses revoked=Gone.

OH I want one or 10 :D
Better off trying to buy used PD firearms. Most of the shotguns would have to be sold without barrels--- most are only 14".
As for AR's, the lowers are machined for FA or BURST = NFA = DEMIL (complete 'VERIFIED' destruction). Same for fired ammunition components larger than .50BMG.

Don't work that way. If you aren't running an actual business, and you do manage to get the FFL, it does get revoked. And if you don't have enough "sales" for them to think you're running a business, gets revoked as well. You also don't really own the automatics either, licenses revoked=Gone.
It may work that way around your neck of the woods but I had a NFA Dealers License for over 15 years and never did anything with it but renew it. I did have some Stock which went back to the right places when I gave up my License because I never really owned it but it was there in stock, so to speak. In over 30 years of having several FFL, I never once saw a single BATFE Agent except in the Federal Building in Seattle. Frankly, I don't figure I missed much. But, that is how it was for me.

It may work that way around your neck of the woods but I had a NFA Dealers License for over 15 years and never did anything with it but renew it. I did have some Stock which went back to the right places when I gave up my License because I never really owned it but it was there in stock, so to speak. In over 30 years of having several FFL, I never once saw a single BATFE Agent except in the Federal Building in Seattle. Frankly, I don't figure I missed much. But, that is how it was for me.
When was this? I asked someone locally about having a FFL and he said he had to keep a business going to keep his.

When was this? I asked someone locally about having a FFL and he said he had to keep a business going to keep his.
I finally dropped my FFL a couple of years ago. This State(WA) doesn't allow for private Ownership of machine/submachine Guns so all my dealings were with LEOs and even that has changed and not for the better.

Better off trying to buy used PD firearms. Most of the shotguns would have to be sold without barrels--- most are only 14".
As for AR's, the lowers are machined for FA or BURST = NFA = DEMIL (complete 'VERIFIED' destruction). Same for fired ammunition components larger than .50BMG.
And for some reason, almost all AR/M16/M4 components are listed the same way. (ITAR: "Machine guns and parts thereof"--and since there's like 99% parts commonality...)

Try to figure out why the US govt. does some things, and won't do others.....

Will not promote certain service members, or give a 25% pay raise (and work the #$&+ outta them), but will pay 50% to let them retire and do nothing......? OK :)

Staring off into space for an answer...

With the new BATFE ruling a 14" "may" now be legal as long as the overall length meets the requirements.

I was just thinking - didn't we already buy these used firearms once? Why would we have to pay for them again?

I need new furniture - would you guys buy some for me, and then later when they are old could I sell them to you?

"Once a Machinegun Always a Machinegun," combined with ITAR and a few other things. Probably GCA68 in the mix... that was the point where you couldn't buy surplus jets anymore too.

I mean, even if they scrapped the full-auto lowers and FCG's and swapped in semi-only AR versions, surplus M16s could make the taxpayers back a zillion...

About 8-10 years ago the CMP sold M-14 kits minus the receivers.

Not my cup of tea. And I spent all my money on 30 carbines and M1 rifles.
Should have bought some of those M-14 kits.

Anyways. It gives me hope that 20'' M-16 parts kits may someday hit the market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top