JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe some one can school me on this but until recently we had imports from other countries but why are not used military firearms up for sale ?
Why Can't we buy used USA Military Firearms ?

There exist at least in my limited knowledge many very similar firearms in the Military that we buy as civilians. But you would think millions of firearms could help support the National Debt if sold.'
I know the obvious Antis don't want us to have them, but what is the legal cause if any ?

"Once a Machinegun Always a Machinegun," combined with ITAR and a few other things. Probably GCA68 in the mix... that was the point where you couldn't buy surplus jets anymore too.

I mean, even if they scrapped the full-auto lowers and FCG's and swapped in semi-only AR versions, surplus M16s could make the taxpayers back a zillion... and then there's perfectly good flyable C-130s with hours left on 'em that because they're "Restricted" can only leave the Boneyard as one-inch metal cubes.

Seriously, if you saw how many NSN items have a Demil code D ("Destroy Completely") on the stupidest things... even M4 telestocks and RAS handguards.

You CAN buy Ex Mil Surplus, just not NFA restricted items. You CAN buy a working Tank ( as ling as it no longer contains secret materials) you CAN buy ex war ships, and you can buy Jets and other aircraft that are for sale to other nations. It boggles the mind what you can actually buy as surplus, BUT, its also really stupid some of the things you cannot buy. I remember the Gov selling off old Ford ( M151)Mutts, you could not purchase one complete, but you could buy several "Parts" and assemble it your self. Same with the H-1 Alfa Hummer, You can purchase one right now for around 5 grand, but you cannot licence or register it for the street ( except you can in the State of Maine) but it takes a lot of hassles. Need a Prat and Whitney P-W TF 100 MK21 for that old 80's classic F-16 Echo sitting in your drive way, Not a Problem, you can buy a pallet of them for 20K!!!

You CAN buy Ex Mil Surplus, just not NFA restricted items. You CAN buy a working Tank ( as ling as it no longer contains secret materials) you CAN buy ex war ships, and you can buy Jets and other aircraft that are for sale to other nations. It boggles the mind what you can actually buy as surplus, BUT, its also really stupid some of the things you cannot buy. I remember the Gov selling off old Ford ( M151)Mutts, you could not purchase one complete, but you could buy several "Parts" and assemble it your self. Same with the H-1 Alfa Hummer, You can purchase one right now for around 5 grand, but you cannot licence or register it for the street ( except you can in the State of Maine) but it takes a lot of hassles. Need a Prat and Whitney P-W TF 100 MK21 for that old 80's classic F-16 Echo sitting in your drive way, Not a Problem, you can buy a pallet of them for 20K!!!
And all I really wanted was an honest to goodness, authentic WWII issued 1911A1... :rolleyes:

It's Stupid!!! I can't tell you how much stuff we baryied in the desert in California when I was in the Army just so we would get our next allotment.

Brand new hummer tires by the dozens because if we didn't get rid of them we wouldn't get our next shipment. :confused:

It's Stupid!!! I can't tell you how much stuff we baryied in the desert in California when I was in the Army just so we would get our next allotment.

Brand new hummer tires by the dozens because if we didn't get rid of them we wouldn't get our next shipment. :confused:
Hope you guys kept notes and coordinates for later retrieval... if the bureaucraps are gonna be stupid that doesn't mean everybody has to be.

On my list of American military arms:

M1 Garand - had one, but sold it back to the original owner as he really wanted it back
1911 - a true US military issue 1911
Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range - though I'll have to wait quite a while for that one ;)

Honestly though, if we can buy police trade-ins, where are all the Berettas and old 1911's? I get the NFA restricted items, but lots of other guns that should be available.

Soon my friends, SOON!
We used to have to depose of un used ammo or we wouldn't get new shipments for the fiscal year! We would roll out pallets and pallets of every thing in the arsenal and shoot or blow it all up in one big orgy of destruction! Jet Fuel in trucks that were "Ready Flight" but had been sitting for more then 11 months had to be used up, so we got a lot of extra flying hours and extra "Training Missions" when that happend!

And all I really wanted was an honest to goodness, authentic WWII issued 1911A1... :rolleyes:

Luckily, I've got one of those. :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is of course laid at the feet of stupid politicians. The Military could make HUGE money selling off weapons that they instead destroy. I have little doubt to that some of the manufactures of course support this stupidity since they would see some loss of sales.

I still want an A-6... or more practical a de-geared EA-6B as a "family truckster." Convert the radar bay to baggage compartment other than maybe a small weather installation, hang drop-tanks in place of the jamming pods...

Maybe a TA-4 for a "sportscar."

Would it be asking too much to own an A-10, still armed with that sweet gattling gun??? :rolleyes: I'll even pay the tax stamp. You know, just for times when traffic is bad ;)

Big Warthog lover here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads