JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally like the CMC Single Stage which you can usually get from retailers for around $130 or the LaRue MBT for $87.

I just put an Elftmann Tactical trigger in my latest SPR-type build. I hope to get it out and test it shortly. It reminded me of a lighter CMC though.

Geiselle, to me, are overpriced if not bought on a significant discount.

The QMS stands for Quality Mil-Spec , the ACT is Advanced Combat Trigger the difference is the Nickel-Boron finish on the ACT.
Yep.. The most obvious difference I've seen with both ALGs is the trigger pins they come with are precisely machined. They look a lot like geissele pins... go figure!
if you sand the tooling marks off of your sear surfaces you will find in order to go deep enough to get that done you will have sanded past the couple thousands of surface hardening . If you shoot a lot your trigger will slowly degrade until the square edges are round then it's over . If you haven't got there you will or you won't if you don't shoot much . Friendly advice .
THIS!

I just use a super fine Arkansas stone... or the ceramic stone from my Lasky knife sharping kit on the sere and disconnect contact areas. You have to be very careful just to polish... an do not remove any metal! A little bit of the jewelers polish or even tooth paste on a Dremmel wheel is good too... but in all cases just take off the worst of the machine marks and Lightly Polish!
The sere surfaces will actually wear together and get better over time. You can speed this up with the "Twine Method"...
With the trigger installed..Tie a piece of twine or paracord around the hammer and pull up putting extra pressure on the sere surfaces and pull the trigger.. you can put some jewelers polish or tooth paste in there to help too. I do this in my trigger jig so I don't have to catch the hammer before it hits the bolt catch, but you can either use your third hand to stop it,or Macgyver in something on your lower with duck tape bubblegum, and a paper clip:D

Pull and reset as many times as it takes... this speeds up the process of the hammer/trigger seres' "mating process"

I've always believed that #1 the barrel and #2 the trigger are THE MOST important components for accuracy, reliability and longevity of any build... If you have multiple ARs you can keep one or two battle ready with reliable components... beyond that if you are comfortable with your mechanical abilities and want to experiment to get more accuracy you can compromise the reliability and longevity... break out the dremmel and polish away....put in ultra light springs, and even bob the hammer with a cutoff wheel... think Drag race cars... they are useless for anything other than 1/4 mile straight line runs, and guys spend 100s of thousands and replace parts after running them for less than 10 seconds... why not sacrifice a $30 milspec trigger to see how much performance you can squeeze out of it.

Be safe and be aware of current laws and regulations concerning the above...

*** Just keep in mind... messing with your fire control group can lead to unforeseen malfunctions that can land you in prison.***
Do so at your own risk!

Here are two of the most used tools in my AR Tool kit..
About $60 for both... you can get better more expensive trigger scales, but I'm happy with the wheeler. It was only like $25 at Sportsman's, opposed to $60 some for the digital Lyman on the shelf next to it.

DEE4F2E9-474A-43C9-8E3C-A86C9716AB29.jpeg Wheeler Engineering Trigger Pull Scale - Item# 1411740

The trigger jig is awsome for tuning, and matching up and experimenting with different hammer/trigger/disconnect/spring combos and using the above scale to see the weight difference. It's also makes a great fidget device for those of us with adult add, and is a great tool for practicing your trigger pull mechanics... and as an added bonus the clicking and popping noises are an excellent way to irritate the wife while watching TV. D3D45490-1C8B-4AC0-9C0F-AA26FE777AA0.jpeg

Strike Industries AR Trigger / Hammer Jig AR-THJ

:s0094:

Last Edited:
I prefer a polished mil-spec for a "battle rifle" and a drop in 2 stage for longer distance bench shooting. I have one but I can't remember what brand it is. :p

Highpower 'Service Rifle' rules requires a minimum of 4.5 lbs. Triggers are weighed at
registered or Leg matches.:oops: 2-stage triggers is the popular setup. 3.5 lbs first stage
and 1 to 1.5 second stage. Geissele triggers are the most popular and it
is what I like. I have several Rock River 2-stage, Armalite 2-stage, and a JP single stage.
The Geissele by far is the best trigger I have ever used. Important for it to remain
consistent after a lot of use (dry fire practice) to make weight at a match
.:D
This ^^^
It's the high volume shooters that expose the weak triggers.
That's what happened to the early RRA triggers.

Geissele SSA-E.
Love it. own 3 of them.
Also have 2x ALG combat triggers (basically a polished and coated mil-spec with a spring kit is all they are)
and a couple cheap mill-spec teflon coated triggers with JP spring kits..

The Geissele SSA-E triggers are the smoothest and nicest. Extremely predictable and smooth take up that comes to what feels like a stop. Pull a little harder at that point and get a crisp break with zero creep. Love them.

My tack driver (5.56x45) has one, my gong ringer that is on a strictly russian food diet has one (7.62x39) and my .22lr has one.

Can't go wrong with a Geissele SSA-E trigger. Especially when they go on sale for $180 or less sometimes.

I wish ALG would make a trigger like the ALG AKT for the AR platform. (single stage without the creep or large amount of take up or lightening the hammer spring for a lighter trigger pull.)

But I guess that's what the geissele single stage flat bow trigger essentially is.

I have an ALG AKT I custom ground down to fit my vepr-12, and slightly shaved the hammer catch for proper function in the vepr (it wasn't resetting) and ground off the flat edges and polished the hammer face to smooth out the action and reliability with lighter loads. That gun runs beautifully with that trigger now and it's a nice light 2.5lb pull single stage with no creep at all. Makes that russian hog a pleasure to shoot.

Last Edited:
I like the mega triggers myself couple springs (maybee) and a decent go over the hammer engaging area.
They are now ZEV triggers.. and in typical California company takeover fashion... they discontinued the option to by just the trigger piece...you have to buy the $250 complete trigger/hammer set now.
But they painted it a cool bronze color for your troubles.

VELOCITY here ONLY
Just to be clear and state my true preference.
$150 for a 3# or a 4# or a 4.5#
I like 3 #
It is exactly 3# and such a clean break.
I never got into the geissellle cool-aid too much$
The guy that started Velocity; I believe worked 30 years at timney
if my memory is still there.
I have tried the Mega, and it was great for over travel, reset. Too hvy#
So my take on the best is curved Velocity 3# or a 3.5# I have 3...

Edit:My first build in 1999 was a Jewell I adjusted it and it has stayed on that setting since,,,it may be the best ever(but tooo much $$$)

They are now ZEV triggers.. and in typical California company takeover fashion... they discontinued the option to by just the trigger piece...you have to buy the $250 complete trigger/hammer set now.
But they painted it a cool bronze color for your troubles.
I heard something about that so I ordered 3 just before the sell out.. I thought $59 was kinda steep

OK... going back aways in this thread:

I have an ALG ACT trigger in my 10.5" house defense AR pistol. I put a JP Enterprises Enhanced Reliability trigger spring kit in it because I thought I'd be shooting a lot of surplus ammo, maybe with hard primers, for fun and practice, and because it sounds good for a self defense rig, yes?

@titsonritz I looked in my parts drawer, and I found instructions for the JP Enterprises JST 3.5T (red spring) and only the springs I removed from the original ALG ACT... no extra purple spring. When I bought the LPK for that build, I orderered the ALG ACT and it came with.

1189.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads