JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look Ma, Geissele has a single stage !
ssp-curve_2.jpg

I've been turned in to a hopeless Geissele fanboy.

I recommend you all stay away from Geissele triggers, they will completely ruin you for everything else.
My first and probably my favorite general purpose trigger was/is the SSA, my second was the SSA-E. Tried the SD-C but decided the flat bow wasn't for me and traded it for another SSA. I also have a SSP with M4 curved bow and Hi-Speed National Match DMR. That's a lot of moolah on triggers, but they are that good.

If I was looking for a "budget" trigger I'd go with ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST they are all pretty much the same.

I steer clear of cassette style triggers.

Last Edited:
Has anyone tried any of the AIM surplus drop in triggers? or the velocity triggers?

Yes, I bought a Velocity 3.0 trigger for my Varmint purposed AR. I love it. Short take up, smooth, glass break. Improved my groups quite a bit over milspec trigger I started with... I HATE long pull, draggy pull, gritty pull, mushy break. But gritty is the thing that drives me nuts the most... of course polishing can improve that aspect.

I have an ALG ACT in my 10.5" braced AR pistol. I put JP springs in it to lighten it up a little bit, but since it is defense oriented, I don't want it to get too lite! No taking up the trigger while house clearing and the BOOM, oops.

Yes, I bought a Velocity 3.0 trigger for my Varmint purposed AR. I love it. Short take up, smooth, glass break. Improved my groups quite a bit over milspec trigger I started with... I HATE long pull, draggy pull, gritty pull, mushy break. But gritty is the thing that drives me nuts the most... of course polishing can improve that aspect.

I have an ALG ACT in my 10.5" braced AR pistol. I put JP springs in it to lighten it up a little bit, but since it is defense oriented, I don't want it to get too lite! No taking up the trigger while house clearing and the BOOM, oops.
ive read that the velocity triggers are made by a guy from timney? they seem like a great value!

I'm not a tacticool AR owner/builder, I like milspec trigger parts with the 3.5# JP springs and have mad skills with my Dremil tool.;)
i use 600, 1200 and 2000 grit to sand out the tooling marks by hand and then a dremel with a wheel and jewelers rouge to polish. turns out well!

I'm curious why you used a JP spring when the ALG ACT comes with two springs, the purple being one the lighter one.

I'm curious why you used a JP spring when the ALG ACT comes with two springs, the purple being one the lighter one.

Have they always come with the lower power spring? I don't remember. It says "hammer" spring. I may have installed a lower power trigger spring, or I may have been experimenting. It's been a couple of years.

if you sand the tooling marks off of your sear surfaces you will find in order to go deep enough to get that done you will have sanded past the couple thousands of surface hardening . If you shoot a lot your trigger will slowly degrade until the square edges are round then it's over . If you haven't got there you will or you won't if you don't shoot much . Friendly advice .

if you sand the tooling marks off of your sear surfaces you will find in order to go deep enough to get that done you will have sanded past the couple thousands of surface hardening . If you shoot a lot your trigger will slowly degrade until the square edges are round then it's over . If you haven't got there you will or you won't if you don't shoot much . Friendly advice .
certainly! there's definately a stopping point. most of the ones i have done on my personal rifles have only required some light sanding :)

It would be nice to afford higher end triggers for all my builds and I do have a couple. But these days, depending on purpose of the weapon, I will either work over a mil spec trigger or an alg trigger to get it where I like. I have also installed and tuned some rra nm and varmint triggers and they work pretty good as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top