JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the purple spirng in my 308 and so far haven't had a light primer strike issue with berden primed TulAmmo steel cased .308 rounds in that rifle. I did break an extractor in the first 220rds but apparently that is a common issue with DPMS gen 1 extractors. Otherwise though no problems with light strikes at all with the ALG combat trigger and the lighter springs it comes with.

Has anyone tried any of the AIM surplus drop in triggers? or the velocity triggers?

I've got two. They are really nice for the price. No creep. Solid wall. Nice break. Resets back at the wall.

I have 1 velocity. It's the same as the Aim. Or not enough difference to tell.

I've also got a POF USA. This is my fave. I like the trigger shoe surface a lot. It's the same as the other two really. No creep, solid wall, snaps clean. Resets at the wall. I say it's my fave as the design is pretty snazzy. It has bump pads in the housing to seat it properly in the receiver and it comes with free antiwalk pins. Which I've noticed are a must with one piece triggers.

Does this Dremel come with the mad skills or is that an extra ?

upload_2019-2-15_11-49-50.jpeg

I've got two. They are really nice for the price. No creep. Solid wall. Nice break. Resets back at the wall.

I have 1 velocity. It's the same as the Aim. Or not enough difference to tell.

I've also got a POF USA. This is my fave. I like the trigger shoe surface a lot. It's the same as the other two really. No creep, solid wall, snaps clean. Resets at the wall. I say it's my fave as the design is pretty snazzy. It has bump pads in the housing to seat it properly in the receiver and it comes with free antiwalk pins. Which I've noticed are a must with one piece triggers.

View attachment 548657
i was looking at those POF triggers. are they adjustable or pre set from the factory? is it in a 5.56 rifle?

Preset 3.5#.

It's in an AR9, CMMG Guard.
dude i bet that things awesome in that 9mm!

speaking of anti walk pins, i bought a CMC trigger once from cabelas. at the register i noticed it was missing the pins. someone yanked them or they mistakenly forgot them during packaging. they told me they'd sell it to me for $100 instead of $185! done deal. had a set of pins already at home anyway!

has anyone tried any of the binary triggers out there?

pros? cons? should i get one because 'Merica???

I have a friend that has one. They are fun, but finicky. I've almost pulled the trigger (pun intended) a few times but the reviews on most of them are a mixed bag of reliability.

dude i bet that things awesome in that 9mm!

speaking of anti walk pins, i bought a CMC trigger once from cabelas. at the register i noticed it was missing the pins. someone yanked them or they mistakenly forgot them during packaging. they told me they'd sell it to me for $100 instead of $185! done deal. had a set of pins already at home anyway!
It's pretty fun. Lol. I won't complain about it anytime soon.

Keep your eyes out for sales on the POFs. I got mine on sale for $115. I'd likely get another one at that price if I see it on sale myself.

I have a friend that has one. They are fun, but finicky. I've almost pulled the trigger (pun intended) a few times but the reviews on most of them are a mixed bag of reliability.
I'll agree with this. It was really difficult to get it running like they show online in videos. If you have a case or two of ammo to waist perfecting your finger pull and release maybe.

Also they are a no go for pistol calibers. As it is possible for the hammer to follow the bolt home, in an AR9 that can lead to an out of battery as there is no bolt to lock before the firing pin can extrude.

Watch mrgunsgear video on it, he blows up a friends AR9 doing this exact thing.

Most standard AR-15 triggers are surface-hardened. You may take your fine files and stones to an AR trigger and get the smoothest, lightest trigger ever. Perfect! But you cut through the hardened surface and now wear is accelerated. Then one day that perfect trigger becomes a really scary trigger, and you never saw it coming.
Brownells sells Surface Hardening Compound. Bought a toaster oven from Goodwill I use only for
this purpose. https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...ickid=wCITgZRedQpHRs0z9MWNAVuHUkgX8kzxyXedzw0

Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger in all our ARs (15 and 10). Constantly great..

^^^^ this.

Every time I stray, I come home to the SSA-E, even though it kills me to drop $240.

I will say I have one AR15 where a 'smith convinced me to go with a HyperFire, I don't recall the model but it too is a real nice trigger.

Lurkers feedback. Ever since I put a Timney in my Rem 700 .308 (1973 model) I have been sold on Timney. I now have them in my homebrew 6.8SPC, and .338 RCM. Good adjustability, glass break, reliable. And they beat the heck out of the factory trigger in the Remington and Ruger. Whats not to like.

I don't have a massive amount of trigger experience but I just built my first AR in 5.56 and in it I installed a Triggertech Competitive 3.5# curved bow. I have fired many mil-spec triggers and I had a trigger job done on my PTR trigger. This Triggertech is amazing! Super light, crisp, clean break. Nearly no reset. I'm a mag dump kinda guy not a precision shooter and my AR just has a micro red dot with 2 MOA dot and I was stacking rounds into a dime size hole at 50 and 100 yards. It's my new go to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top