JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one that comes on the rifle when I buy it, or comes in the kit when I buy that. Why do I like it? Because they work just fine and don't cost three figures or more

You should post up these links in the parts kits thread under the semi auto section!:)

I was just listing some of the lower parts kits I was using for my own builds. But I have fired about 900 rounds with my BCM PNT trigger sets on my first home built lowers. The other one was built with a Spike's Tactical lower set that includes the trigger set. Not bad either but only fired 120 rounds from that lower. No malfunctions either.

I was just listing some of the lower parts kits I was using for my own builds. But I have fired about 900 rounds with my BCM PNT trigger sets on my first home built lowers. The other one was built with a Spike's Tactical lower set that includes the trigger set. Not bad either but only fired 120 rounds from that lower. No malfunctions either.

The thread that I mentioned is just a bunch of links for people to reference when they are doing a build. I think it would be great if you added them. I might try one on my next build and that thread makes it easier for anyone to reference.

I used to think I was happy with the mil spec trigger and quite honestly I can't say it isn't more than user preference, but my preference is the Larue MBT2s.

They have had a really great sale on them recently. I've found I prefer the take up of the two stage. The total weight of the trigger pull may be the same, but it breaks far crisper.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but of all these triggers, only one has been allowed to go to war with our troops....Geissele.
So therefore it's your choice, range junk or the real thing.

:D

Last Edited:
Highpower 'Service Rifle' rules requires a minimum of 4.5 lbs. Triggers are weighed at
registered or Leg matches.:oops: 2-stage triggers is the popular setup. 3.5 lbs first stage
and 1 to 1.5 second stage. Geissele triggers are the most popular and it
is what I like. I have several Rock River 2-stage, Armalite 2-stage, and a JP single stage.
The Geissele by far is the best trigger I have ever used. Important for it to remain
consistent after a lot of use (dry fire practice) to make weight at a match.:D

If you like milspec triggers the PSA EPT is nice and inexpensive. Very little if any grit. The Larue MBT 2 stage are good. I think better for target than rapid fire. I have them on two rifles and I get out of sync with both. Not the case with my other rifles. Even the ones with lighter triggers.

The MBT on my 308 really helped with accuracy. I would definitely recommend anyone with a PA10 give it a try as a minimum.

I've spent a fools amount of money on this front. I should have just listened to the collective , Geissele SD-E flat bow is worth every penny if you are a trigger snob, if you just slap a trigger then don't apply you'll find it not worth the cost . CMC and Timney make great cassette triggers .

I like the upgraded BCM trigger. Not too heavy or gritty, not too light.

That being said, I LOVE my geiselle GRF trigger. It is built to be as fast as possible, with a strong reset spring and 0 "break" it isn't for precision shooting, but I find it easy to be reasonably accurate with it, and it is Damn fast. Watch some videos. A well trained shooter can keep up with a bump stock. The extra bonus is that with the bolt locked back, dryfire feels exactly the same as live fire, which means I get tons of useful trigger time in.

This one of those questions where you ask 100 people and get 102 different answers lol

That being said, I have used, installed, shot etc etc more triggers then I can remember. The ones that stand out are the Hiper Fire and the Timney Calvin Elite triggers for single stage. In fact I don't mess around anymore, I use the Timney in all of my personal guns and builds unless otherwise requested. For two stage I like the JP Enterprise and the Geiselle. My two cents ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top