JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an SR9. I bought it because it fit me!!! It an extension of my hand. It eats anything I feed it and has never had a misfire. Never!!!

Better guns out there? **** if I know. All I know is that when I pull the trigger it goes bang. 'And it hits where it is pointed.

Ed

Hi,

I am new here but not to firearms.

My preference for 9mm pistols in this order:

1) SIG P210-6 which I recently purchased - beautiful piece of engineering.
2) HK P7 SPS, M8 squeeze-cocker - very fast.
3) HK P9S in 9mm and especially the .45ACP
4) CZ 75 SP01 tactical in 9mm

Just my opinion, please feel free to disagree.;)

Bought a bi-tone XD9 sub-compact last week as a father's day gift to myself. Pushed 50 rounds through it the same day. Went with XD because of fit & finish. It points naturally in hand and I really like the look. I tried the Glocks but they didn't feel right. The M&P was also really nice but a little to bulky for me to carry.

I currently have a pre 2005 EAA Witness-p. These where designed based on the CZ 75's and are made by Tanfoglio. I've never shot a CZ but I love my witness! I've never handled a gun that felt better in my hand or that I was more accurate with right out of the box. I can only guess the CZ's are the same way.

Although I am not a 9mm fan, I agree with some fine 9mms being produced. My go to firearm is a Glock in 40 S&M. Hesitant at first, but being the choice of LEOs in this area, it grew on me after a lot of use and several certification shoots. The Generation 4, pretty much fits all my needs, and fits much better my short fingered hands. I still maintain a Generation 3, RTF, and a Model 27 (sub compact) that all have their controls in the same place. A final secret is that I have a drop in Lone Wolf target barrels, one of which is a 9mm, and a handful of 9mm magazines. The sub compact wears the LW as well as the Generation 3. The advantage is of the barrel changes is they digest just about any bullet, and both jacketed and lead, with improved accuracy in any of the Glock 22s or the Model 27. The Generation 4 and RTF, I will leave as is until accuracy falls off, and give them the Lone Wolf treatment. Nothing wrong with the 9mms, I just prefer the 40s.:D

You need to try it out yourself. Each individual's hand is different. A pistol that feels natural to others could feel weird with you. I recommend that you visit a range that has gun rental. Try out as many pistols as you can.

I myself don't own all possible pistols out there, but I have tried and used (rented) a large number of them (that is, those available for rent at the range that I go to). I have certainly come up with a well informed opinion on which ones feel natural for me to shoot and which ones I can shoot well.

I also suggest that you narrow your choice to the ones with reputable quality and reliability (Glock, CZ, Sig, HK, etc.).

i didn't read the whole thread, so this could have been already resolved. but if i was want a plinking/carry while hunting pistol, i would go with something in either .357 mag or maybe .45 just because if you run into a really really pissed of hill billy you may need the extra knock down power. Just my .2 cents.

i didn't read the whole thread, so this could have been already resolved. but if i was want a plinking/carry while hunting pistol, i would go with something in either .357 mag or maybe .45 just because if you run into a really really pissed of hill billy you may need the extra knock down power. Just my .2 cents.

Isn't this thread like.. from 2 years ago?

There are loads of awesome guns out there.

Also depends on how much cash you want to put on it.

If you want something a little higher end, Sig P226. I got the Elite model, and I'm not at all disappointed with it.

Otherwise, I'd say look at a Gen 3 Glock 17, or a Springfield XDM.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top