JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We all do.

Although 3+ weeks down the road, that's looking less and less likely...

Here's something weird... why did Petito's parents wait 10 days to report her missing if they knew Laundrie came back on the 1st? o_O
Did they not know when he returned (without their daughter)??? o_O

Wikipedia article:
Laundrie returned to Florida with the van on September 1, without Petito.[14] Petito's family reported her missing on September 11, 2021.[15][1]
From my families experience, the Police wont start looking until 10 days after some one walks off! Had a cousin simply vanish one fine fall day, didn't take anything except what he was wearing and a 12 gauge side by side coach gun! The local city and county LEO took a report the second day, but it was friend and family only those first 10 days! Found his remains 6 months later, what was left of them, and what was weird, he was missing three fingers, and no shotgun or shells! His remains were found less then 3 miles from home in a remote and over grown part of a collage campus, and it took a search dog at that!

The band The Offspring was popular BITD when I was getting ready to get hitched. Several of my friends told me to run away like hella fast, but I was smitten with delicious boobies and a bodacious butt. No one could tell me that this woman was anything but the love of my life. One of my best friends (to this day) got me the Americana CD from that band, and told me to pay particular attention to Track 7. I listened, but it didn't sink in... until years later... :s0140:
I'm surprised you listened to it at all. It's an awful song. But then it's The Offspring so... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you listened to it at all. It's an awful song. But then it's The Offspring so... :rolleyes:
Truth be told, my buddy said something along the lines of, "They're a crass buncha loudmouthed punks outta SoCal with a lotta $hit songs, but for the love of God, sobo, ya gotta lissin to just this one..."

Here's something weird... why did Petito's parents wait 10 days to report her missing if they knew Laundrie came back on the 1st? o_O
Did they not know when he returned (without their daughter)??? o_O
How would they know? He lives in FL. They're in NY. It's not like he called and checked in with them when he returned.

How would they know? He lives in FL. They're in NY. It's not like he called and checked in with them when he returned.
I'm thinking mebbe that Gabby's parents would've called on down to Florida to Brian's parents and inquired if they had heard from either of them, since they all seem to know each other to some extent, what with their kids planning to get hitched an all...

August 24: Last time Gabby's mom knew for sure she was conversing (FaceTime) with her daughter.
August 25-30: Gabby's mom receives several texts from Gabby's phone, but suspects that the the texts are not actually coming from her daughter.
August 31: ???
September 1: Brian shows up at his parents' home in Florida with Gabby's van.
September 10 11: Gabby's parents report her as missing.

Seems like there's a lot of empty time there between 9/01 and 9/10 that no one is saying much about, especially since Gabby's mom was suspecting something amiss at the end of August...

ETA: Corrected date of parents reporting her as missing.

Last Edited:
I'm thinking mebbe that Gabby's parents would've called on down to Florida to Brian's parents and inquired if they had heard from either of them...what with their kids planning to get hitched an all...
Her dad was pretty wishy washy on this point in his interviews on Fox. When asked directly he affirmed that they were "engaged", but said that they were not making wedding plans. "Engaged" is a pretty flimsy term these days. Usually means, "Yeah, we're having sex."

August 25-30: Gabby's mom receives several texts from Gabby's phone, but suspects that the the texts are not actually coming from her daughter.
So she says after the fact.
August 31: ???
September 1: Brian shows up at his parents' home in Florida with Gabby's van.
So, at what point would it be reasonable to make a report? 1 day after last contact, 2 days after last contact, 5 days after last contact?
September 10: Gabby's parents list her as missing.

Seems like there's a lot of empty time there between 9/01 and 9/10 that no one is saying much about, especially since Gabby's mom was suspecting something amiss at the end of August...
Looks to me like they are divorced and both have remarried. That may have something to do with it. Maybe they weren't communicating with each other, which may have caused a delay. Which parent reported her missing?

Both have been less than forthcoming about her mental problems, and dad insists that everything was wonderful with their relationship, even tho he says he didn't know the guy that well. Probably some denial going on.

Last Edited:
So, at what point would it be reasonable to make a report? 1 day after last contact, 2 days after last contact, 5 days after last contact?
I'm thinkin' 5 days on the outside, since her mom (Nichole Schmidt) said that she didn't think things were going well during her last FaceTime with Gabby.
Looks to me like they are divorced and both have remarried. That may have something to do with it. Maybe they weren't communicating with each other, which may have caused a delay. Which parent reported her missing?
Nichole Schmidt, Gabby's mother.
Both have been less than forthcoming about her mental problems, and dad insists that everything was wonderful with their relationship, even tho he says he didn't know the guy that well. Probably some denial going on.
Yeah, would have to agree with you on that. Also, Gabby told the officers that responded to the call on August 12 that she has OCD and anxiety issues.

Fox News reporting the boyfriend is now missing. Police have searched the family home as well as the family car.

Pretty good disappearing act considering the house is surrounded by the press as well as demonstrators.

He's probably just out buying a white Bronco.
My best guess is that he wasn't talking to anyone because he wasn't there. Probably left several days ago and will turn up in some country with no extradition treaty. Parents gave him a head start, then did a CYA by calling the cops. Either that or he sneaked out to off himself.

Well, wait a minute.
What if she dumped him?

She takes off with somebody else...Says whatever she does is none of his damn business or concern anymore....tells him to drive back alone if he wants. Good Bye!.

There's all sorts of possibilities as to what happened and what they said to one another.

Not calling it one way or another....plenty of time to see how this plays out.

Hopefully she walks in the door safe and sound.
Then why wouldn't he come out say that? He killed her.

Play with the rape van get the milk carton.
CD,

Actually this is a very good point to make even though it is BLUNT.

I have not been following this story that closely - hardly at all.

I doubt that this woman is alive even though I hope that she is.

Cate

Ever notice that only good looking women get the headlines in something like this?
THIS seems to be the case.

There are many missing females OUT there that are missing, lost, kidnapped or murdered.

I bet that there are a bunch of them SOLD like slaves too. I am not kidding you when I say this too.

TONS of cases are out there in rural and wilderness areas. Throw in some small towns and cities to the mix.

They ones that get the MOST attention are the pretty younger ladies.

There are many missing female and male teenagers AND females in all age groups.

It is on our news but MOST of them do NOT get the mass media's attention.

A few of them do but most of them do not.

And IF and when a body gets discovered - recently DEAD or dead for a LONG time... sometimes you will hear/read THE REST OF THE STORY but most of the time... ALL OF THOSE DEAD PEOPLE get no follow up in the news.

Cate

Last Edited:
Years ago my fiancée got upset with me while we were 3 hours from home and just walked off. There was no big fight, she just didn't like something I said. I thought she was just cooling off but 20 minutes later she was still not back. I went out looking for her for hours at night in the rain. Calling LE was no help. As you might imagine I was more than a little concerned. I eventually learned that some friends were in the same town and she got a ride with them. So it does happen. And no, I did not marry that girl.
YOU were a smart man on not marrying that woman.

People can get ticked off with one another but a SANE and KIND person just does NOT do that to a friend worse off to a LOVED ONE that you plan on marrying.

It just is NOT right.

The PAIN involved in being VERY worried and so forth while LOOKING FOR HER would be horrible and the run away person meaning your EX must have known that.
So in HER OWN WAY - she liked to torture you. SHE wanted to get BACK at you by doing that.

Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
From my families experience, the Police wont start looking until 10 days after some one walks off! Had a cousin simply vanish one fine fall day, didn't take anything except what he was wearing and a 12 gauge side by side coach gun! The local city and county LEO took a report the second day, but it was friend and family only those first 10 days! Found his remains 6 months later, what was left of them, and what was weird, he was missing three fingers, and no shotgun or shells! His remains were found less then 3 miles from home in a remote and over grown part of a collage campus, and it took a search dog at that!
I am sorry to read about your loss.

Take care.

Cate

Maybe they could call in the man who wrote several books including, MISSING 411.

This interesting author, former policeman, etc., has been on many talk shows (Radio for sure and I do not know about boob tube interviews.) and he has talked about kidnapped and murdered people too.

So the MISSING PEOPLE CASES are not all about WOO WOO (!) subject matters that some people may or may not believe.

Remember all of those movies about missing people from a to z from the 40's until recently? Some of the people WALKED OFF and some of them were kidnapped/murdered.

I have my theories about those 2 women who were found dead that some of you discussed IN this thread but I do not think that it had to do with THIS specific case.

I could be wrong!

I have camped in VERY remote places as I have mentioned previously. Hiked, day trips, etc. I lived in a VERY remote area butt up to wilderness too. Camped/Cabin Life as a widow AND I was armed too!

My MT husband and I have seen and heard some things that we wondered about and that goes for my late husband and me too. Plus when I have been alone.

To this day, I wonder about a woman who I believe just TOOK OFF and walked away from her life as it was. We may have seen her or a woman who KIND OF LOOKED LIKE HER up in NW MT and WAY down the road, there was a news story about this missing woman and it could have been her or NOT.

But with the CRIMINAL and non criminal transients aka BUMS, so called 'homeless', rapes, other sexual and other physical assaults, MURDERS, homeless = TOTALLY ILLEGAL CAMPING and squatting AND even LEGAL camps IN and out of town and way UP in the wilderness/woods... you never know if some woman (Or man.) decided to just LEAVE a good or bad relationship or even if they were all ALONE too.

If I saw an assault - I would report it no matter WHO was hurting who. Let the peace officers sort it out.

I have seen MORE strange dung OUT west than I ever did back in farm/lake country and up and down the East Coast - Maine to the Mid-Atlantic Region too. And that is a fact.

Even my MT born/raised husband said that HE has seen more bat s crazy STUFF and with people in general in HIS last 20 years out west.

I hope that the woman is alive and just decided to WALK AWAY but IF she did this willingly - she NEEDS TO COME OUT and say so IF she is hiding.

The so called boy friend or 'whatever' man needs to TALK about what the HECK HAPPENED too.

Why would he NOT give the woman HER vehicle?

If they wanted to be apart and LEAVE one another - he needed to leave ON HIS OWN DIME and get home in his own way.

It does not add up.

He looks guilty but that does not mean that he is guilty. It does REMIND ME of that Duke (?) case and other ones INCLUDING Tawanna and AL SHARPTON starting up loads of dung.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Taw...&ved=0ahUKEwjL3d-9vYjzAhX7FTQIHbu7AasQ4dUDCA4

The man needs to TALK and have a lawyer.

Lucy, you've got a lot of 'splaining to do which was posted here and was EXACTLY what I thought too!

I feel sorry for the parents and friends because they have NO clue what happened to this young woman.

And whether she is crazy or not or on meds or not... no one deserves to be a VICTIM of crime IF that is what happened to her.

I did NOT read every single story but I did see the post where she stated that she had issues.

It sounds as IF both of them had issues and should have NOT been together worse OFF - going on a LONG ROAD TRIP. Didn't they have jobs or school or a WORK schedule?!

THIS case is getting more news, attention and sympathy from the mass media and some people than the case where a lady victim - cashier got SHOT/MURDERED POINT BLANK by some !!! at a grocery story. Amazing how that works, eh? Some people wanted to call that murdered victim a 'Karen' too.

Cate

Then why wouldn't he come out say that? He killed her.
More than likely now considering all the developments such as their 'issue' in Utah when the LE responded, and how the BF is now a 'person of interest' and is now missing as well - or as is said he is 'hiding'.

I have been following this since it was first revealed and originally thought they MIGHT have been pulling some big publicity stunt to increase their Instagram followers or something but not now. Pretty slick of mom and dad to suddenly 'invite' the police over after sonny boy was cleverly 'removed'.

A bit macabre but its possible if he killed her he might have kept her body with him for a couple days to find a better location to hide it to throw off the authorities. It's also possible IF he killed he it could have been an untended consequence of a fight between them and his not talking and hiding is a sign of 'guilt'. Who knows.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads