JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like these rounds a lot! Out of my old Mossberg M-146B T-Bolt with its 26" barrel they barely reach cap gun decibels! Accurate too! Well, most everything is in this rifle.

I would love a .22 like yours again. That is one think I shot as a kid...Not sure what make/model but my grandpas bolt action and I felt like the coolest kid around knocking pop cans off the fence with that bad boy. I would love another. I would know it if I saw it and buy it in a hearbeat. Probably at least 50-60 years old if not more as he took great care of his guns so he may have had it for a long time before I shot it even though it looked new. I loved that farm. spent summers there, bought my xr100 that I used throughout childhood bucking hay for a neighbor there. Fed the horses on the 4 wheeler and as they had 60 acres I rode the horses through trails that always found something new like a great little creek for some crawfish grabbing. Miss the days in Dallas Oregon during the summertime. Had a .22 single action remington revolver that was my favorite as I was allowed to carry it all day for the "nasty animals we keep away from our animals" as my grandpa put it. Man your mentioning of your gun brought back some of the best memories ever.

I would love a .22 like yours again. That is one think I shot as a kid...Not sure what make/model but my grandpas bolt action and I felt like the coolest kid around knocking pop cans off the fence with that bad boy. I would love another. I would know it if I saw it and buy it in a hearbeat. Probably at least 50-60 years old if not more as he took great care of his guns so he may have had it for a long time before I shot it even though it looked new. I loved that farm. spent summers there, bought my xr100 that I used throughout childhood bucking hay for a neighbor there. Fed the horses on the 4 wheeler and as they had 60 acres I rode the horses through trails that always found something new like a great little creek for some crawfish grabbing. Miss the days in Dallas Oregon during the summertime. Had a .22 single action remington revolver that was my favorite as I was allowed to carry it all day for the "nasty animals we keep away from our animals" as my grandpa put it. Man your mentioning of your gun brought back some of the best memories ever.

Google: Mossberg 146B Tbolt, then hit images in the top left. They are very distinctive looking. You can find them on the web, they're pretty reasonable. BTW, they were made between 1949 and 1954 and a company offers exact replacement parts for them. I refinished mine when I worked at Kimber of Oregon.

Google: Mossberg 146B Tbolt, then hit images in the top left. They are very distinctive looking. You can find them on the web, they're pretty reasonable. BTW, they were made between 1949 and 1954 and a company offers exact replacement parts for them. I refinished mine when I worked at Kimber of Oregon.
THAT'S IT! The finger groves, what I used to think looked like a hammer bolt, and the peep sight bring it back to me like I shot it yesterday.. Now I just need to find one in good condition. Thanks for the recommendation.

I will do a lot more looking but I have seen ones only in the 350-450 price range but a lot of listings for ones sold recently for 2-250 so I will hold out for one like that. Scratched up wood just means more fun for me so I can sand and stain it myself to the darker color of the one I used to use. I cannot wait to get my hands on one.

Try pawn shops, they usually have lots of 22lr just laying around.

Good idea, I have seen a lot of old .22 rifles at pawn shops. I really want to get that one since it brings back a lot of fond memories and is a tack driver. My Grandpa could stand on the back porch which was a good 100 yards out...maybe less or more since I was a kid and it seemed like a mile but he would nail racoons, coyotes, and anything that was hanging too close to the chickens and he even had a couple peacocks he loved. He seemed to have a sense that something was hanging out that he did not want there that I will never get how he just seemed to jump up grab a rifle and know there was trouble.

I paid 250 + tax for mine in the 1980s, new in the waxy cosmoline military wrapper OTC, so those prices are not out of line at all

If you buy one I have a link to a guy who is a collector and sells mags and parts

Not out of line but I do not mind one a little beat up I can sand and stain. I will grow impatient quickly and pay the higher price for a good condition one if it takes much time at all. We go to our family Cabin every year for a week long getaway in the snow and away from all noise and I will be wanting it by then for sure as I can shoot on the property there. Would love to have one of those with me this year.

As soon as I get my hands on one it will not be sold. I would sell the 10/22 way before that with all the memories and the accuracy I remember. I bet with subsonic rounds it is super quiet. And highly awesome withe stingers!

Mine likes the subsonics and the Armscor stuff best

Brings back memories of Scout camp. Looks like what they had at the rifle range litle 5 round mags in them. And yes very accurate. I was a dime club member more than a few times.

More likely you had the Remington US made military trainer, but those are great guns, too. The MAS is a 22 version of the German K98 rifle, although my gun was made in France after the war

Not out of line but I do not mind one a little beat up I can sand and stain. I will grow impatient quickly and pay the higher price for a good condition one if it takes much time at all. We go to our family Cabin every year for a week long getaway in the snow and away from all noise and I will be wanting it by then for sure as I can shoot on the property there. Would love to have one of those with me this year.

Let us know when you find one. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top