JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am being offered a marlin 81 dl for an old tablet I replaced with the new version of kindle fire hd. It has peep sights and such but it is just something I would enjoy while tracking down the model t bolt I want. Any thoughts on the 81?

That is kinda how I feel I just cannot find a lot of info and they are so old of a model there are not many parts if something happens from what I see. However I do like that it is a close tube fed peep sight wearing relative of the rifle I am going to buy as soon as I find it.

A few hours ago, I was at the 185th/Farmington Bi-Mart and a guy tried to come back after buying ammo, and make another purchase. The sales clerk didn't even hesitate to shoot him down.

Oh, and it looked like they had plenty of .22 LR in stock. I bought a couple of boxes, along with some 9mm.

I stopped in at that location a couple of days ago, they had tons of ammo in stock in pretty much every caliber.... except .22lr :(

with all of you talking about .22 still being gone I am going to have to cap my personal stash now rather than supplying my cousin and brother and such. I think I may regret going down to 7k that most of which was sold to them.

I am being offered a marlin 81 dl for an old tablet I replaced with the new version of kindle fire hd. It has peep sights and such but it is just something I would enjoy while tracking down the model t bolt I want. Any thoughts on the 81?

You had me at peep sights. you should make that done

I would second that. I had one and sold it and still have my Marlin 781. I like the fact it shoots 22 short, long or long rifle and it is accurate enough with it all, many back yard pests have met there maker with it.

Yeah I found some specs and I really like that it shoots 3 .22 varieties as well and it said on the specs I read that it holds 17 lr and 25 shorts which sounds like a lot of time between reloads in a bolt target gun. Should make for some fun shooting so long as there is nothing I am not being told about it. I will know that tomorrow or Monday when I meet up. Thanks for the input.

I just received a "Sales Update" from CMP. I found this quote rather foreboding...

"AMMUNITION UPDATE. The CMP has been notified by ammunition manufacturers and distributors to expect price increases and significant delivery delays for all calibers of ammunition, especially for .22 rimfire. The price increases and delays apply to orders we have already placed with the manufacturers. Prior to 2013 CMP received deliveries of truckloads of ammo within a few weeks of placing orders. We are now being advised, as in the case of Aguila .22, that it may take several years to receive all of the 35,000,000 rounds of Aguila ammo we have on order.":s0131:

well the Marlin 81 did not pan out. Guy did not lie about the peep sights till being there but cracked down the middle and looked like someone ran a drill through the hole to enlarge it. Aside from that the bolt, and just what I could see in the barrel covered in rust made me keep my kindle for now. Anyone have a decent .22 bolt action I still have a almost never use Kindle Fire HD to trade for it.

I hate to say it again but just yesterday I sent 200 sublime .38 handloads downrange for the grand sum of like $4.50 max... I know it's over $4 but not by much.. for 200. Many like cartridges are quite similar in price/cost to me regarding what "spent".. meaning parts of a penny difference between 9, 38, 357.. per hundred.
It'd be nice to feed the .22 pile though as my Browning Nomad wants to wander.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top