JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found a garage sale a few weeks ago and the old man was selling lots of ammo and ziplock gallon bags of 22lr. I had a couple 550 boxes before but he helped out a lot. I will see if he is doing another sale this weekend as it was a random add on craigslist and I was bored so I thought I would check it out since he said he had Holsters, etc... I got there and was alone in the backyard with about 5 tables of various calibers. 20 bucks a ziplock for .22 and 10 bucks a box for .357, 9 and 40. lots of rifle ammo that I did not need. As I said if he puts another add up I will be going and I will post the link with his address. Trust me the drive to Aloha is worth it if you have need for AR/AK or 30.06 and the calibers I just mentioned. I walked away with a full grocery bag and happier about my ammo purchase than I ever have been in my life.

I was able to get 1575 rounds of Some less than stellar .22lr (remington golden bullet), but only ran me $23/ea from Cabela's (525 a box)

I got a box of 525 for about $26 (after WA tax) at the Wal*Mart in Hazeldell a couple weeks ago. They had it under that counter and you had to ask for it. Last time I was in I asked about it again and was told they didn't have any.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I got a box of 525 for about $26 (after WA tax) at the Wal*Mart in Hazeldell a couple weeks ago. They had it under that counter and you had to ask for it. Last time I was in I asked about it again and was told they didn't have any.

I've been to 3 Bi Marts twice a week for the past 6 months, NOTHING
PS the last lead ore smelter in the US was shut down by the EPA
Lead bullets must now come from out of country

Bi Mart has had a steady flow of it in the last few weeks. Mid to late afternoon, Im not going to mention what days, as it seems they are mixing them up now. But you can only get 100rds unless they happen to have bricks...

No bullet maker got their lead from that smelter anyway. They all buy from recyclers so this has nothing to do with anything,

Bi Mart has had a steady flow of it in the last few weeks. Mid to late afternoon, Im not going to mention what days, as it seems they are mixing them up now. But you can only get 100rds unless they happen to have bricks...

Not the Bimart at 122nd and Halsey in PDX, unless Nick is lieing to me! I only go in once a week MAYBE, if I'm out that way. It was Nick that had a lot to do with me getting started reloading so I'm thinking he would tell me straight.

The company that supplies Bimart with powder and primers was flaky well BEFORE Sandy Hook, not getting certain powders AND primers. If that's who they depend on for .22LR, well.........Maybe it all gets passed out to the East BEFORE it gets this far?

ZASuvivalist's comment seems to be the case from what I've been told.

Mike

These posts are proving why 22LR is hard to find. 2 years ago, hardly anyone would run over to Bimart and buy 1000+ rounds of it, so, it was plentiful. Now that its hard to find, people have developed this hoarder mentality where they want to buy every last box on the shelf. I seen shops that have a 1 box limit and guys will come in and buy a box, send their wife in to buy one, then their other family members too. So....if people didn't buy any for 6 months the market would be back to normal.

Lead is cheaper from China as there are no EPA regs to comply with.

These posts are proving why 22LR is hard to find. 2 years ago, hardly anyone would run over to Bimart and buy 1000+ rounds of it, so, it was plentiful. Now that its hard to find, people have developed this hoarder mentality where they want to buy every last box on the shelf. I seen shops that have a 1 box limit and guys will come in and buy a box, send their wife in to buy one, then their other family members too. So....if people didn't buy any for 6 months the market would be back to normal.

:s0155:

Well yes and no.
A lot of us avid shooters just gave up on checking the shelves for a few months and still nothing. I will admit panic buying shocked the market..
However Im not too sure "panic buyers" are 100% to blame.. Ive seen small firearm shops, pawn Shops among others who are purchasing for investment purposes in the hopes to resell. They buy in bulk from a distributor and that said distributor looks at sell units and shipping.. Not honor and "shooter fairness" for the bimarts and other smaller genuine stores trying to just stock the shelves.

I think panic buying is largely responsible, and it's a head scratcher.

I happen to have a bunch of .22 LR. Have had it for a while and use it plinking and for small game, but I am also smart enough to replenish when I visit a store and see it on the shelves. I won't pay exhorbitant prices for it, so if someone is asking a fortune for the stuff, I just pass.

Hit the gun shows, too, and look for sporting goods store sales....because .22 LR is often a "loss leader" item to get people into the store to buy something else.

But again the rule of thumb is to not pay exhorbitant prices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top