JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know you can also beef up a 10/22 and make it a nice shooter, but it will cost you about 500 to do so.
My cousin has around 1k invested into his 10/22 and mine is stock other than a few of the Ruger bx extended mags and a decent scope. All of his enhancements have done nothing to change that we shoot pretty even and a lot of the time I take his money when we are betting on 5 targets at a distance best 3 of 5. I know it is the shooter but it always amuses me when he pulls that out and brags about it to our other friends how it is a "tack driver" now with the new trigger, stock, bipod/grip, stainless fluted barrel, a whole lot of more wasted money that he should have spent on ammo to practice more.

Yes indeed is the shooter, my son is 19 and his Marlin 22 is stock and he nails it on anything he aims at,

It comes with being young. All 3 of my boys that were in the Corps, put about 1500 rounds of .22 through a couple of 10/22 in the weeks before they left for boot camp. They all shot expert with no trouble at all, and continue to be excellent. One of them was a scout sniper in Iraq, that was a good solid 12 weeks of training prior to that deployment.

My cousin has around 1k invested into his 10/22 and mine is stock other than a few of the Ruger bx extended mags and a decent scope. All of his enhancements have done nothing to change that we shoot pretty even and a lot of the time I take his money when we are betting on 5 targets at a distance best 3 of 5. I know it is the shooter but it always amuses me when he pulls that out and brags about it to our other friends how it is a "tack driver" now with the new trigger, stock, bipod/grip, stainless fluted barrel, a whole lot of more wasted money that he should have spent on ammo to practice more.

This applies to 1911, Glock as well as AR and AK fan boys.

If suppressed, nothing in 22lr beats Aguila 60g subsonic (imho) through a tighter 1:9 barrel. Makes subsonic 223 a useless endeavor. Knocks over steel standup targets better than 30 and some 40g supersonic rounds.

Always have thought that the best SHTF rifle for the money is a 10/22 with a light spring, 1:9 barrel, and cheap, but very useable Gen1 night scope. When the lights go out. Peek a boo Mr Maurauder I see you - pew pew!

If silence isn't a big issue, then the opposite. Stingers through a 1:18 barrel.

Yes indeed is the shooter, my son is 19 and his Marlin 22 is stock and he nails it on anything he aims at, he is like that with most firearms, I will say I like my upgrade trigger on my 10/22 though its at 2lbs and it gives less trigger squeeze and in turn is more accurate for me.
Yes but my guess is that you do not swap out scopes when you are having an off day and call it because of using the 200 dollar scope rather than the 100 dollar one you had a couple months ago. Your two pound trigger is about all I would want dif on mine. I like the way that feels on his as I think it is 2lbs but it means nothing on his. I swear his excuses crack me up when we shoot together. I had my Browning BDA .380 in my hand and he pulled out his full size M&P 9 pro when I had set a bunch of cans on a log. I knocked off at least 3/4 of them while he sprayed away. He cursed and said the sights must be off. It will never stop amusing me as I am far from a amazing shooter and would love to see him shoot against someone who is as he claims he could with his 10/22 SR556 with an extra grand in it and all the other crap that means nothing unless you can shoot in the first place...well I will say he has impressed me with the Ruger SR556 a few times as it can take things a long ways out. Even still in someone elses hands it would be more than a few times with it.

If suppressed, nothing in 22lr beats Aguila 60g subsonic (imho) through a tighter 1:9 barrel. Makes subsonic 223 a useless endeavor. Knocks over steel standup targets better than 30 and some 40g supersonic rounds.

Always have thought that the best SHTF rifle for the money is a 10/22 with a light spring, 1:9 barrel, and cheap, but very useable Gen1 night scope. When the lights go out. Peek a boo Mr Maurauder I see you - pew pew!

If silence isn't a big issue, then the opposite. Stingers through a 1:18 barrel.
I am really looking forward to throwing some stingers down range when I get my hands on the Mossberg 46 b T bolt that seems elusive but I will have soon. One of these folks that did not get bidders or did not get what they wanted in an auction will put theirs up again and I will do the by it now if I can since I have quickly learned it is not easy to get your hands on one.

Braggers are oh so precious. I had a good friend long ago that'd repeatedly/daily tell me tales of how good he could (present tense though) shoot.. amazing stuff. Yet every time we went out.. I never saw a worse shot in my life.

Braggers are oh so precious. I had a good friend long ago that'd repeatedly/daily tell me tales of how good he could (present tense though) shoot.. amazing stuff. Yet every time we went out.. I never saw a worse shot in my life.

Haha yes that sounds all too familiar. He is far from the worst shot but if you talk to him about shooting you would think he should be in the Olympics. Last time I make you guys read a blurb from him but it amuses me. I bought a Rossi 971 as I got it for 200 bucks from a friend of mine that runs a ffl on his days off from the fire department from his house. Great guy and I should post info for those that still live in Washington. Anyway my cousin had to get a 4 inch .357 since I did and went out and bought the first GP100 at the first shop he saw one in and of course paid a good 100 more than average. I could shoot that Rossi better than any other gun I owned at the time after a little practice and it now has around 3k through it. He no longer owns the GP as apparently they are a POS since the do not hit what he aims at. It will never end. I buy a gun and he buys one thats way more thinking that makes it way better. BTW I still love my Rossi and would trust it in self defense anyday with so many rounds and never a failure/issue of any kind.

I had a dream last night I lived in a town with a .22lr manufacturing plant. I was stuffing my pockets with them little buggers and the supervisor caught me and told me not steal single shells but rather steel the bricks out of the back. As I was loading the trunk of my car with case after case after case of 22 I woke up and whimpered realizing I have none

sorry- off topic

Amusing never the less. Gotta love the guys who shoot 12 rounds and have a 12 inch group and the 2 in the red make them believe they are up to competition level. I will never pretend I am a great shot and probably most here are better but it seems those who tell me how great they are never meet the expectations when we go out. Always always an excuse. My excuse for shooting crappy is I need to practice more. I do not know why that is such a hard thing to say for some guys.

I've actually lost track of exactly how much I have in to my 10/22, but with the new scope and bull barrel, I do pretty well shooting with a sling in the prone position: 20131106_130038_resized_zps1bf57aa8.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top