JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reports vary, but although I have plenty of once fired brass (which I am trying to sell) and the dies, I am not reloading as I have about 11K rounds (the PS90 & Five Seven are the "get home guns" for me and my kids if SHTF).

I have read it is not easy - some say they have had no trouble. However, I have read that one problem is common; short brass life - I think most reloaders are only getting one or two reloads out of the brass.

YMMV - but I recommend digging into it before you buy/try.
My attemps cycled but accuracy was nonexistent.

Decided while perusing the Internet that I needed an M1A. I got my happy butt off the couch and went to my LGS who happened to have one on the shelf. So I bought an M1A.

Behind the head electronic hearing protection so I can wear my cowboy hat when shooting and a couple of books to get to the free shipping amount at Midwayusa.
What type of headgear did you get? I've looked and looked at those and cannot decide to pull the trigger on a set. Let us know what you think after using them a few times please.

A rug for the living room. 9x15 Persian Sarouk. Looking at the colors and style, I'd wager 60's vintage.
Still a very thick pile throughout, but the greatest wear is on the right side on the fringe.

Sarouk.jpg

PTR 32. I have been wanting a PTR 91, but with the price of .308 I have held off. I saw this and had to have it. PTR 91 form factor and size (many interchangable parts), but shoots 7.62x39.

I just needed this one last hit before the 114 crud starts up again, It's my last one I promise.........

PXL_20230905_212249464.jpg

PTR 32. I have been wanting a PTR 91, but with the price of .308 I have held off. I saw this and had to have it. PTR 91 form factor and size (many interchangable parts), but shoots 7.62x39.

I just needed this one last hit before the 114 crud starts up again, It's my last one I promise.........

View attachment 1482293
Sure it is, ya junkie ;)

Just like the 3 guns I bought over labor day were my last :D

Well, today (9-9-23) I was at the gun show in Battle Ground WA and I wasn't planning on buying anything big/expensive (like a firearm).

BUT, But, but......
I saw it and I had to.

It was a Springfield 1903 rifle w/bbl marked SA 11- 31 (receiver ser # = 1931). Yup....high number receiver, n.s. swept bolt, beautiful wood, scant stock (no cartouche), good 4 groove bore. The only problem was, the stacking swivel was broken off.

But, they are findable, with a little bit of effort.

I've been looking, off and on, for a replacement 1903 ever since I sold my 1903 A3 back when I lived in Hawaii. Truthfully, not that hard to find one. But, I'm picky and don't have much money (to spend on MORE guns). YES, call it my "Grail Gun". Anyway, the deal was struck at $900.

I didn't have the money on me, though the BoA is just down the street. I had to have it.

BTW.....with the entry fee at the show.....the transfer was FREE.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......so last night (09-13-23) I was trying to "function test" the rifle (feeding from the magazine). Darn thing would NOT feed the last round from the magazine. The geometry angle of the feeding, was WRONG.

Reading the various old posts (from many forums) had me thinking, that I should maybe/perhaps, change out the magazine spring and follower.

Nah.......looking through the magazine well (with the floor plate, magazine spring and follower removed) I noticed a large (uneven gap) between the receiver and the trigger guard.
OK, Ok, Ok.....it's a darn "stock fitting" problem. I think, that I'll need to get them to touch (or at least get that gap closer and/or more even).

NOT TO FEAR.....
Dremel to the rescue! Cough, cough......

Wish me luck. LOL.

Last Edited:
Böker auto knife.

Travelling through Bavaria, needed SOMETHING!
Roundabout the LEAST concerning region I've ever traveled. Suppose metro areas anywhere nowadays can be problematic, so there's that.

Left a beerhause in about middle of nowhere Czech Republic, a few miles down the road there version of tactical state police was in the midst of a full on something or other (armored vehicles and such). So ya never know.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top