JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impulse? More things that require a transfer fee. Something with a metal thing that's about 16" long and bored to about 9mm. Something that looks scary to the uninformed and scared, just like the other scary things. Something that'll hopefully never see use outside of competition. You know, just the usual.

Roundabout the LEAST concerning region I've ever traveled. Suppose metro areas anywhere nowadays can be problematic, so there's that.

Left a beerhause in about middle of nowhere Czech Republic, a few miles down the road there version of tactical state police was in the midst of a full on something or other (armored vehicles and such). So ya never know.
Currently in the CR as I type.

Yeah you never know.

Because if you did…. You would likely stay home unless you are a lunatic.

Or

You would take a long gun, all the ammo you could carry and all your friends and set up early.

Or

Since future prediction is something you are blessed with, hit the mega bucks and send the Wagner group.

But me? Feel a tetch better with a lil sumpthin sumpthin and will never say the words:

"Things like that just don't happen around here."

"I never thought"

"It's never happened before"

"Who would have thought?"

On Friday got my check for cashing out my unused personal days....

Went to the gun shop today and bought a Stoeger Condor in 20 gauge.
Neat grouse gun.

So....
I passed my background check...now I gotta wait till our wonderful governor says I can pick up my shotgun...
Thanks Jay ...:rolleyes: :mad:
I was hoping to beat the 10 day waiting period that happens in January...the small scale "roll out " of a wait of 24 hours to 4 days...caught everyone to include the local gun shop by surprise.
Andy

On Friday got my check for cashing out my unused personal days....

Went to the gun shop today and bought a Stoeger Condor in 20 gauge.
Neat grouse gun.

So....
I passed my background check...now I gotta wait till our wonderful governor says I can pick up my shotgun...
I was hoping to beat the 10 day waiting period that happens in January...the small scale "roll out " of a wait of 24 hours to 4 days...caught everyone to include the local gun shop by surprise.
Andy
Just a couple years ago, I bought a 20ga. Stevens 555 (Turkish mfg.), and quite probably from the same factory as the Condor. A wonderful, fast handling gun, light to carry. On a preserve hunt, a couple partners of "greater means" than myself were shooting Merkels.

The little 555 was like magic, and I was shooting WAY above my normal capabilities. One of the Merkel guys sidled up and wanted to see what "wonder gun" it was that I was shooting. He looked it up and down, then saw the "Stevens" and "made in Turkey" roll marks and screwed up his face, handing it back briskly.

"Cheap shotguns have come a long way nowadays!", I said. Following up with, "Wanna trade?" :cool:

For the rest of the day, when he missed a bird, I'd remind him, "Offer still stands!"

I think you'll be awfully happy with your little Condor.

Just a couple years ago, I bought a 20ga. Stevens 555 (Turkish mfg.), and quite probably from the same factory as the Condor. A wonderful, fast handling gun, light to carry. On a preserve hunt, a couple partners of "greater means" than myself were shooting Merkels.

The little 555 was like magic, and I was shooting WAY above my normal capabilities. One of the Merkel guys sidled up and wanted to see what "wonder gun" it was that I was shooting. He looked it up and down, then saw the "Stevens" and "made in Turkey" roll marks and screwed up his face, handing it back briskly.

"Cheap shotguns have come a long way nowadays!", I said. Following up with, "Wanna trade?" :cool:

For the rest of the day, when he missed a bird, I'd remind him, "Offer still stands!"

I think you'll be awfully happy with your little Condor.
Thanks...That is good to know / read.
I looked for a Stevens 555...couldn't find one.
I did read reviews of the Condor...and while I ain't expecting Browning fit , finish and the like...
I did find the Condor to be well made and decent looking.

Always looking for a good grouse gun...the Condor was there at the same time I had money in my wallet...:D
Andy

I wouldn't call it a "complaint" regarding my Stevens, but rather a minor inconvenience: It seems the "blacking" or "wanna-be Cerakote" they used to finish the barrels had an exterior surface (only on the finish) that was rubbing off with contact (noticed it inside a gun case).

I took the barrel set off the action and went at it with a wool sock and CLP. (Gambling!). In a few minutes I had it "residue free", and the coal-black finish remained just fine. Johnson's Paste Wax finished it out for good.

B7C260C6-8062-46A8-97C6-52554DD4D054.jpeg
Went to the Oregon Ducks game with my son today, stopped by McKluskey Arms. They had one of these Ruger MKII uppers that they cut down SHORT, thread, redrill front sight, add thread protector, and sell (including BGC) for less than a gunsmith charges for just threading your barrel. Will get to attach my suppressor tomorrow and have some fun.

…. most recent, it was purchase of a few more 5.56 Pmags from PSA. It's tough to beat there's $7.99 specials. Eventually, I'll have to start adding some square footage to the house to store all these things lol… But during the right set of economic circumstances, they have been known to strongly outperform the US dollar.

Last Edited:
I bought a new Kel-Tec P17 .22 last month. It wasn't on my list of guns to buy before M114, but I saw a couple of reviews of it and liked what I saw, and I haven't met a person yet who didn't like it. There was just something that drew me to it. $199 through GrabAGun. It will make a great little plinking gun for the money. I'm not a fan of how wide length-wise the grip is, but it's not a deal breaker. Just a little thicker than I imagined.

This is news to me. Just this morning, I went to my FFL dealer and picked up a little NEF single shot 20 gauge Tracker II (rifled barrel). Which was my latest impulse buy. It took about 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out the door with the shotgun. He called NICS and got the good word and sent me on my way. I was under the impression that the mandatory 10 day wait on all long guns didn't start until middle of 2024.

This is news to me. Just this morning, I went to my FFL dealer and picked up a little NEF single shot 20 gauge Tracker II (rifled barrel). Which was my latest impulse buy. It took about 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out the door with the shotgun. He called NICS and got the good word and sent me on my way. I was under the impression that the mandatory 10 day wait on all long guns didn't start until middle of 2024.
You got some sabot slugs already?

A box from SGAmmo with lots of Winchester .223. Might not be the best load, but my thoughts are with the rebate and for the range or tearing up the gravel pit.....it's plenty good.

I've waited as long as 3 weeks once.
It use to be "wow look at that… you jumped to front of the line!" 2 minutes later " here is your new firearms sir, enjoy your day! 😉

I miss the good old days before 2020

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads