JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
S&W 4566. Most reliable handgun I have ever held.

DSCI0123.jpg

Sig P220 X-6. The 6" barrel and hand-fitted German Mfg makes this pretty much the most accurate range monster I've ever seen. I handed it to a buddy to shoot in place of his Glock (also in .45). His first 4 shots were so close that you could barely notice the clipping....at 25 years! He paused and looked back after the 4th one with the largest grin I've seen outside of Disneyland. Then his next shot was @ 1" off the first. Amazing. Certainly seems better than the high end Wilson Combat and the Les Baer 1911's. (They are both very accurate, but not as easy to break down and clean). The Sig field strips for cleaning in @ 5-10 seconds.

1911 milspec, just about any brand.

Nothing that isn't milspec, nothing from the companies that put out 1911s that are too tight, made of plastic or other mistakes. No Novak sights, (or any other sight that eliminates an option) no bumps on the grip safety, no Series 80 foolishness. No external extractors. Nothing but government size, of course. Smaller 1911s are not as reliable.

Colt, Springfield, Rock Island, overseas manufacture, Brazil or Philippines preferred. There's a long list of boutique manufacturers that need not apply, they can be identified by the lack of a milspec model in their line.

If you took a straight up M1911, I would want a beavertail with no bump and larger blade sights. If you took a straight up M1911A1, I would want a beavertail with no bump, larger blade sights, and a straight mainspring housing.

Seven round metalform magazines. (Not to worry, I have thirty of them.)

Milt Sparks VM II, Surefire P6.

If I'm ever in a gunfight, I hope my opponent is carrying something else.

Carry on.

Guess I am a gun snob - plastic does not belong on a gun except for maybe a grip, Says I. Plastic is cheap and used because of the fact that it makes money for the gun companies and is easier to mass produce. A polymer gun is not one I would relish inheriting. A 100 years from now 1911's BHP's, Metal revolvers and other metal framed guns will still be around - I sincerly doubt that can be said about the polymer pistols.
Of course I wont be around to see them.
James Ruby

Good luck. All metal is likely to be less and less, just like the rest of objects around us. Polymers are here for the long haul and Polymers are not likely to break down over time, so they will be around 100 years from now. But I guess neither of us is likely to know who is going to win that argument since we won't be around then.

But it is fine if you are only interested in a subset of guns. There are plenty of them.

I have two and I like them both. Glock 36, sweet gun, shoots great, wonderful size. Taurus PT 745 Millennium Pro, fits my hand like a glove, great gun, easy to take down and clean, shoots great. I find myself with the Taurus more often now than not. I think cause it fits me so well. But if anyone has any others they want to give over to me I promise I'll like them too..... :-{)

If I could pick one, it would be a full house custom from Pistol Dynamics.

Otherwise the shortlist would include Springfield Professional, HK Mark 23, HK45ct, HK USP 45 tacticals and Kimber Warrior II.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top