JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been wondering what's up with survivalblog for a while, it seems like most of the articles written are very low quality paranoid hit pieces that are at best poorly researched and clearly written far outside the purview of the author's expertise. If I see another article about "fighting the coming revolution" where it makes recommendations that require spending tens of thousands of dollars on a backpack full of neat stuff that ends up weighing about 200lbs and couldn't be carried by most pack animals, and at the same time it's clear the originator has zero combat experience outside of perhaps paintball or airsoft....

Yea, I'll stop now.

I've been wondering what's up with survivalblog for a while, it seems like most of the articles written are very low quality paranoid hit pieces that are at best poorly researched and clearly written far outside the purview of the author's expertise. If I see another article about "fighting the coming revolution" where it makes recommendations that require spending tens of thousands of dollars on a backpack full of neat stuff that ends up weighing about 200lbs and couldn't be carried by most pack animals, and at the same time it's clear the originator has zero combat experience outside of perhaps paintball or airsoft....

Yea, I'll stop now.

Why do you go to the site if you don't like anything on it?

A lot of both lately, one of the mailing lists I'm on, one of the guys publishes semi-regular digests of SB, a few are good, most are utterly stupid. I think my favorite one of all time is the "POST-SHTF Ammo" where the guy has a bullet point that says "learn how to make primers" followed by "learn how to make powder", like these tasks are simply too trivial to take on while the world is operating normally and once the public library, the internet, and all the high powered consultants money can buy might give you a few chances of getting close to accomplishing one, perhaps both of these tasks.

I think my favorite quote from "Ammunition Making" is "the primer house is no place for casual contemplation of the navel".

This goes along with the myriad bug-out-bag concepts most of which are built from equipment few people have ever seen, and even fewer can actually afford, and if actually constructed would require a wagon train to move. It's these concepts that are right up there with the "survivalist sniper" concept that for some reason seems inordinately popular with the mall-ninja style survivalists.

Don't get me wrong, I think JWR tries to put together a good site with good information, however with the advent of "doomsday preppers" and other such shows, sites such as his (where he invites authorship) where most of the content is user generated, if the bulk of the users are neophytes that's what the blog will be oriented towards. Having met and talked to JWR on a few occasions, I kinda get the feeling he's tired of being the filter for all the junk, and more of it is getting through.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top