JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I put money into having a 6" .44 mag Colt Anaconda Magaported without knowing the downside of Magnaporting. It channels the sound back toward the shooter. I couldn't shoot it even once without ear protection without my ears ringing half an hour. Before Magnaporting I could get away with one shot outdoors without hearing protection (while hunting). This mattered more to me than any reduction in recoil. I basically ruined the gun for my purposes, and sold it.

Buying a Charter Arms .44 special Bulldog was also not one of my more gun-savvy moments. On the third round the hammer and several other parts fell off into the mud.

The parking fees at the capital campus in Olympia when it was too crappy outside to walk over in January to provide comments on anti gun legislation. Apparently there are only a few hundred gun owners in WA that care enough about their rights to comment publicly, show up for support, or even write your reps.

The rest of you in WA reaped what you have sown, taking us with you. Thanks for nothing, losers. Enjoy your New Kalifornia Republik.

Sorry, Dan @bentoncity, @Sporting Systems and other true warriors, you have to carry so many that care so little.

Quad railed hand guards.
+1 on those. Bought one from @eldbillbo at a great price. Put it on the upper I was building and realized why he sold it. They're like using a spiked, 2"Ø conduit for a handguard. Mebee I can use it as a club....

USFA Zip 22. Other than maybe being a collector item now and in the future, the thing was absolutely a piece of garbage.
@Reno, speaking of POS, you'll appreciate this one: TNW ASR. Great idea, phat-nasty implementation. Who the F ever thought of using a hand held tap to thread a receiver? Fun as heck when it's running right, which is 20% of the time.

New Tires didn't realize they even made 2ply tires....lost all 4 on my first run down a gravel road.....
Running away from cops? :D

Absolute worst: Selling my HK Nickel P7M13 one month before they announced end of production.

Quad railed hand guards.
I like Picatinny rail handguards and still have a couple. I am debating on using one on my next build which will be a dedicate NV gun. It is hard to beat a good one for rigidity which is an important feature when using an IR laser for a primary aiming device. Plus it is still the most solid standard mounting system out there.

My worst money spent...every Streamlight product I've bought and a Para-Ord P-10, won't reliably feed any hollow-point I tried.
Mine choked on 230gr. ball. I really wanted to like it. What P-O did back then, is like what Sig has done now with the P365 (maximum capacity in a very small envelope). I mean a .45 ACP 10rd 2 finger grip 1911 version of a Glock 26? Yes please!

Oh well, live and learn….. :(

I remembered one of them "worst" ones...
It seemed like a good idea. More power than the Model 60 I traded in for it. So, this is a two way stupid move. That 60 was nice.
I believe Kahr patterned their extremely long trigger pull from this overweight chunk of stainless, but at least they removed about 10 lbs from the trigger pull. Trough for a sight. Certainly a belly gun cuz you couldn't hit any target at 10 feet! The Para-Ordnance P12 I replaced it with wasn't any heavier and was a much better gun all around.
May I present, the Backup 45.
Bckup.jpg
I never regretted trading this one off, that's for sure!

@Reno, speaking of POS, you'll appreciate this one: TNW ASR. Great idea, phat-nasty implementation. Who the F ever thought of using a hand held tap to thread a receiver? Fun as heck when it's running right, which is 20% of the time.
With all the 9mm options out there, I always feel sad when someone tells me they went with the ASR.

SMG tactical magazines for VEPR-12. They're sloppy and dangerous. Had one cause a failure to battery and detonation. Blew out the side of the magazine. Never a single feed issue with the more expensive molot russian magazines.

20180313_222343.jpg 20180313_222404.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top